• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Animal Skinning

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Mod note: Video removed - FAQ about violent/gory images applies to video as well. Posting a link to the video should be ok though, if you'd like, assuming adequate warning

Viewers discretion: EXTREMELY violent and disturbing images presented on the above video, not for the faint-hearted.

Click here for the video

I thought animal testing is bad, but never thought of skinning animals alive is still a common practice around the world.

I've created a petition here and please sign up to support for a ban from the Chinese government.

I hope TypeC members will help me to put an end of torturing animals in the most inhumane form under the heading of humanity.

Last edited:

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I know many consumable animals often have pain inflicted upon them for the purpose of improving taste, but I wonder what the rationale is for skinning an animals alive. It just seems so difficult. Animals thrash and bolt guns are something I would expect an industrial giant like China to have no problem producing. I would imagine that the integrity of the skin is compromised by performing the skinning process on a moving animal.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I know many consumable animals often have pain inflicted upon them for the purpose of improving taste, but I wonder what the rationale is for skinning an animals alive. It just seems so difficult. Animals thrash and bolt guns are something I would expect an industrial giant like China to have no problem producing. I would imagine that the integrity of the skin is compromised by performing the skinning process on a moving animal.

Exactly. The question asks why animals have to be skinned alive. That can be interpreted two ways: Why do mean and nasty people skin animals alive? or why is it necessary to skin the animals alive? The answer to the second interpretation is that it is NOT necessary to skin them alive. People might do that in order to keep the fur in one piece or for other reasons, but IT IS NOT NECESSARY! :BangHead:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
A larger animal would be easier to skin alive than dead.

The momentum of the animal's struggle can be used by a skillful knifesman against the animal, rather than manhandling a deadweight corpse.

:(

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
A larger animal would be easier to skin alive than dead.

The momentum of the animal's struggle can be used by a skillful knifesman against the animal, rather than manhandling a deadweight corpse.

That would be true if the movement could be predicted.

For example, during LASIK surgery, some of the newer laser models track the location of the eyeball 4,000 times each second. This allows the cutting process to continue regardless of movement. There is no analogous procedure for skinning a moving animal, unfortunately. Frankly, the notion is impractical even with an overactive imagination.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't watch the video.. nor do I want to. I don't want to get worked up. I mean, the Chinese goverment and animal rights? There's a few steps to go before they that gets on the radar. Aren't the Chinese pretty much notorious for eating, snorting, and lotioning up with almost every animal processed in every imaginable way?

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched the video and it is very disgusting and disturbing. I truly hope that the practice of live-skinning of animals will grind to a quick halt. However I also read the talking points of the petition and I will never sign it or any like it. Point number 1 is solid, all others leave way too much room for animal rights groups' real agenda. I do not and will not in any way support the liberal, misguided and dangerous agendas of the animal rights movement.
Thanks for posting the video. The best way we can change China's practices is to hurt them where it counts. Don't buy their products.

edit: This is now a 5 star thread! You're welcome.

G

Ginkgo

Exactly. The question asks why animals have to be skinned alive. That can be interpreted two ways: Why do mean and nasty people skin animals alive? or why is it necessary to skin the animals alive? The answer to the second interpretation is that it is NOT necessary to skin them alive. People might do that in order to keep the fur in one piece or for other reasons, but IT IS NOT NECESSARY! :BangHead:

You have me in an ethical stranglehold. I'm surprised.

Lark

I dont want to watch any film with this sort of content, that sounds sick, I hate to think of a lot of the cruel practices which endure around the world. I make a start by abstaining from any myself and encouraging others not to.

While I'm less aggrieved at people killing seals or other animals when its been a tradition and is sustainable and I'm not that bothered about species extinction, at least I lose no sleep, or things like bull riding or bull fighting I cant think of any reason at all in which modern day scape goating or skinning alive would be legit.

Green_Pine

I admit to not watching the video as it is not my cup of tea, but I know exactly the practice you are speaking of. Some people simply do not appreciate and respect the animal life they are taking for their own consumption, in this case, manifested in a neglect to end the animal's life in a manor with as little fear and pain as possible.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I've got a pretty strong stomach, but I almost puked a little, watching that.

It's a disgusting, pointless practice. The other posts here pretty much covered it. How is it okay to inflict that kind of suffering on a living being, for the sake of consumption?

Nakawaka

MBTI Type
free
There is no immediate, direct consequence to destroying an entity that can't fight back. Animals are of lower intelligence - where would you find a fish that can converse with a top tier human being? Progress, not process, matters, because over the seas, the U.S. citizens are eying us with condescendence. What do U.S. citizens think about them that makes them so highly? They slaughter animals in the same fashion for food.

Don't take me literally.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
You should see what humans do to other humans.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Quite unfortunate for the animals to be subject to individuals who may fall to different beliefs and/or ethical stances about the situation.