• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seances, mediumship, clairevoyance, spirit boards

Lark

Has anyone any genuine experiences of these things? Do you consider them real or merely superstitions, if you consider them superstitions would you still engage in them? For a laugh or as part of a serious investigation?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone any genuine experiences of these things? Do you consider them real or merely superstitions, if you consider them superstitions would you still engage in them? For a laugh or as part of a serious investigation?
My experience of these is quite limited. I have more experience with divination techniques. I consider them real, but probably not in the way your question intends. I also agree that, if not understood, they can degenerate into supersition or parlor games.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hm.. I'll skip the long drawn out story and just say I feel they are real, and yes I have experienced.

Even if I felt them nonsense though... I think I would not engage in something I felt was nonsense out of respect for those who don't. Stepping on what others view to be potentially powerful things just because it looks dumb to me has never been my style. I always roll my eyes at plot lines that try to do the whole "Its just a Ouija board lolololol" script because it just has an aura of a lack of respect or honor.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only "done" a Ouija board once, when I was about twenty. It was kind of a freaky experience, because I know I wasn't moving the thing, and the other person was one of my closest friends at the time... an ISFP not prone to that kind of deceit, some who is typically honest and straightforward. (At worst, he'd do something for a joke, but then would not be able to contain himself after and would start laughing. That is not even close to what has persisted here.)

I didn't feel much throughout myself nor did I direct the planchette, but he essentially went into something like a trance stance, sweat broke out on his forehead, it was very creepy. We received messages supposedly about some young boy who was killed in a mob riot in Africa somewhere. (We're in North America.) After it was over, my friend literally fell backwards and did not move for awhile, he was very pale. He had trouble describing what happened, he really wasn't sure. He said he was aware of everything but didn't feel in control of them.

We never did a Ouija again, nor did it really get talked about. Which I suppose is odd in itself. I still am skeptical; in this situation I'm not skeptical of my friend's honesty (I don't think he was consciously doing things just to fool me), but as far as what it actually was? It's unclear and there's no way to validate anything.

In general, I think a lot of the paranormal activities are either fraudulent, mistaken, or something we do not yet understand without needing to be "spirits and ghosts"... but at the same time, I can't say for sure that those things don't happen. Just that it doesn't seem likely to me. Yet there are still experiences like the above that leave one wondering.

Hm.. I'll skip the long drawn out story and just say I feel they are real, and yes I have experienced.

Oh, come now... the stories are what we are all here for! :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was raised to believe they were all ways to lower your threshold of control and become suceptible to demonic influence. I don't believe that any longer. I imagine any type of spooky activity that people engage in that is not hucksterism is just people going into different states of awareness. I do believe in the strong possibility of clairvoyance, but I don't have any explantions on the mechanism.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

I would like to add that if you are part of any Religion you have done this yourself. When you engage in prayer you are in effect creating a seance by sending out the intention to communicate with a none local entity know as God... If you visit a church and are congregating with mass you are in a consensus trance and in a state of mediumship to God...when you watch a bishop or priest perform ceremony or ritual in consecration to Jesus Christ you are in effect listening and party to a spirit board...when you sit home and offer the intention of prayer for the Angels, Jesus, Mary or God to receive healing you are transmitting a clairvoyant signal for this to manifest. If you consider this topic superstition then you are certainly part of that superstition. ;)

And yes I've experienced all of them and so have you, so has everyone, it is how we are born. :shrug:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've only "done" a Ouija board once....

I've never dabbled in this sort of thing. I've never had the need for a Ouija board or any other sort of two-way communication like that. I more set out for one-way methods--receiving messages, but not sending any out or opening the door.. I just peek through the peephole, if that makes sense. Tarot is my medium of choice when it comes to that.

In general, I think a lot of the paranormal activities are either fraudulent, mistaken, or something we do not yet understand without needing to be "spirits and ghosts"... but at the same time, I can't say for sure that those things don't happen. Just that it doesn't seem likely to me. Yet there are still experiences like the above that leave one wondering.

When I watch shows like this one... (Forgive the gimmicks on it, it is TV afterall.)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ro-nUcafh4"]Part one in particular.[/YOUTUBE]

Where the family went bankrupt, multiple people terrorized, relationships torn to shreds.. all over an entity's rage. It makes me curious how people cannot believe. :laugh: But it's such a far-away thing.. I suppose no one believes things like this until an event happens to them.

My youngest sister talked to people who didn't exist. Being a bit older (by 6 years), I played with imaginary friends a kid sometimes.. I knew they were imaginary, I just wanted to play by myself sometimes.. and being the extrovert I was, I had to create fake people even when I wanted to be alone. :laugh: The way my sister interacted with them was way different.. She was very young at the time, 4-5ish.. She complained that one would keep waking her up at night, and that it scared her sometimes because it just stared at her for hours while she played.
My mother and I ended up agreeing that we'd cleanse the house, and she prayed and I did what I thought I needed to do.. Eventually, after doing that for a while, my youngest sister stopped talking to anything altogether.. We never had a problem with it after that (not that it was a huge problem anyways..) My mother even had a ring of salt around my sister's bed for a week straight :laugh: so every night we broke the ring, let her in, and fixed it again.

Tarot is my medium of choice.. I wrote a story in my blog where I essentially described seeing a card that shouldn't have been there.. And then pushing my friend away from me upon telling her this, because soon after an event occured. I didn't touch the cards for years after that, up until very recently at the request of a spiritual being that had asked me kindly.

Though.. Being religious and spiritual, I suppose you can take all of this with a grain of salt. I see energies and spirits everywhere.. to me, it's common sense. :shrug:

I will say, instead of Ouija boards, we played a game called 13 doors as kids. It was one made up.. but we'd essentially open doors inside of our own head, and describe what we saw inside.. and the last door, if you opened it, was suppose to be someone or something else's mind.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a Ouija board for awhile. I used it with a neighbor/friend, whose husband was on a ship. The Ouija board spelled out "Fire! Fire! The ship is burning!" (Total lie). It told me I was going to marry a man named Stephen Kakol. I've never met nor heard of such a person, meanwhile was married twice to other people, neither of whom was even a Stephen, Steve, or Kakol. Then I left home and my mother got ahold of the Ouija board and used it as a lap desk while she was taking some courses that she found very difficult. When I came home and tried the board again, all it would do is cuss.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]: Thanks for all that, maybe more later (I'm leaving for home in a few minutes)... I just did watch Paranormal Activity 3 last night, though, so your story about your sis creeps me out. If you ever see it, you'll know what I mean.

I will say, instead of Ouija boards, we played a game called 13 doors as kids. It was one made up.. but we'd essentially open doors inside of our own head, and describe what we saw inside.. and the last door, if you opened it, was suppose to be someone or something else's mind.

Wow. I have never ever heard of that game before, and it's resonating inside me right now. Thank you for that.

I'm open but critical.

"All right, demon, I was open enough that you got in ... but your nose is far too big and mishapen, and your mother wears spikey combat boots!"

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've only "done" a Ouija board once, when I was about twenty. It was kind of a freaky experience, because I know I wasn't moving the thing, and the other person was one of my closest friends at the time... an ISFP not prone to that kind of deceit, some who is typically honest and straightforward. (At worst, he'd do something for a joke, but then would not be able to contain himself after and would start laughing. That is not even close to what has persisted here.)

I didn't feel much throughout myself nor did I direct the planchette, but he essentially went into something like a trance stance, sweat broke out on his forehead, it was very creepy. We received messages supposedly about some young boy who was killed in a mob riot in Africa somewhere. (We're in North America.) After it was over, my friend literally fell backwards and did not move for awhile, he was very pale. He had trouble describing what happened, he really wasn't sure. He said he was aware of everything but didn't feel in control of them.

We never did a Ouija again, nor did it really get talked about. Which I suppose is odd in itself. I still am skeptical; in this situation I'm not skeptical of my friend's honesty (I don't think he was consciously doing things just to fool me), but as far as what it actually was? It's unclear and there's no way to validate anything.

Cool story!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i do believe that the spirit world can interact with the physical through mediums or dreams or possibly even just sharing thoughts. my mother and sister had a few experiences with a medium where they contacted my father and little sister who passed....and i believe the experience was real...just as i do some dreams that i've had.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
On Thursday I went to a local Conscious Living Expo and a lady started to channel a Monk and for an hour the Monk of a collective consciousness of monks was answering questions by the people present, her whole personality changed to a male energy. It was quite interesting.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On Thursday I went to a local Conscious Living Expo and a lady started to channel a Monk and for an hour the Monk of a collective consciousness of monks was answering questions by the people present, her whole personality changed to a male energy. It was quite interesting.

wow i love that...i do not have enough people in my life currently interested in such things...that's what its about..how much fun is that?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ya know, I've got a strange tale to tell. I am slightly embarrased to contribute because I really do think stuff like this is BS and chalk it up to at most, mind over matter, energy, and manifesting things to happen.

Anyhow. When I was about 9 I had this friend that lived across the street. She was a year younger and at some point, came across the "Bloody Mary" stories that infiltrated our grade school. SHe came home one day telling me all about some girls that had said "bloody Mary" 9 times in a mirror at school while spinning around, and then saw a vision in the mirror of some kind of dark, demonic thang. Anyhow, at the time I told her it was BS, but she was absolutely terrified by it. I persuaded her to come into the bathroom of my parents home to conduct a little experiment and prove that she had nothing to be afriad of. We did the whole ordeal, looked in the mirror, nothing. I turned to her and said "See, I told you.." and right as I reached my hand to the lightswitch to turn it off, the dam light fixture over the light burst! This sent us running into my bedroom, and as we reached my closet (where all my games were stacked) they ALL came tumbling down. It was rather freaky! Again, I do believe it was a coincidence.

:voodoo:

Now I don't believe in this modern day voodoo stuff, ghosts etc. But I can say this really did happen and I can't explain it. I never observed a light fixture bursting like that in my parents house before then or since. Nothing in my own house either. *Shrugs*.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's good to know this stuff, cause you can attract a lot of woman with it :)

But besides, nothing is better than LSD