User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Seances, mediumship, clairevoyance, spirit boards

Has anyone any genuine experiences of these things? Do you consider them real or merely superstitions, if you consider them superstitions would you still engage in them? For a laugh or as part of a serious investigation?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Yes they are real...

For a alternative Science view please watch

Michale Talbots Holographic Universe

Rupert Sheldrakes Morphogenic Universe.

Thomas Campell From the Monroe Institute

And also Bruce Liptons Biology of Perception

Thanks
    Last edited by Synapse; 10-28-2011 at 09:32 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Has anyone any genuine experiences of these things? Do you consider them real or merely superstitions, if you consider them superstitions would you still engage in them? For a laugh or as part of a serious investigation?
    My experience of these is quite limited. I have more experience with divination techniques. I consider them real, but probably not in the way your question intends. I also agree that, if not understood, they can degenerate into supersition or parlor games.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ISTx

All bull shit.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Hm.. I'll skip the long drawn out story and just say I feel they are real, and yes I have experienced.

Even if I felt them nonsense though... I think I would not engage in something I felt was nonsense out of respect for those who don't. Stepping on what others view to be potentially powerful things just because it looks dumb to me has never been my style. I always roll my eyes at plot lines that try to do the whole "Its just a Ouija board lolololol" script because it just has an aura of a lack of respect or honor.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've only "done" a Ouija board once, when I was about twenty. It was kind of a freaky experience, because I know I wasn't moving the thing, and the other person was one of my closest friends at the time... an ISFP not prone to that kind of deceit, some who is typically honest and straightforward. (At worst, he'd do something for a joke, but then would not be able to contain himself after and would start laughing. That is not even close to what has persisted here.)

I didn't feel much throughout myself nor did I direct the planchette, but he essentially went into something like a trance stance, sweat broke out on his forehead, it was very creepy. We received messages supposedly about some young boy who was killed in a mob riot in Africa somewhere. (We're in North America.) After it was over, my friend literally fell backwards and did not move for awhile, he was very pale. He had trouble describing what happened, he really wasn't sure. He said he was aware of everything but didn't feel in control of them.

We never did a Ouija again, nor did it really get talked about. Which I suppose is odd in itself. I still am skeptical; in this situation I'm not skeptical of my friend's honesty (I don't think he was consciously doing things just to fool me), but as far as what it actually was? It's unclear and there's no way to validate anything.

In general, I think a lot of the paranormal activities are either fraudulent, mistaken, or something we do not yet understand without needing to be "spirits and ghosts"... but at the same time, I can't say for sure that those things don't happen. Just that it doesn't seem likely to me. Yet there are still experiences like the above that leave one wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Hm.. I'll skip the long drawn out story and just say I feel they are real, and yes I have experienced.
    Oh, come now... the stories are what we are all here for!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I was raised to believe they were all ways to lower your threshold of control and become suceptible to demonic influence. I don't believe that any longer. I imagine any type of spooky activity that people engage in that is not hucksterism is just people going into different states of awareness. I do believe in the strong possibility of clairvoyance, but I don't have any explantions on the mechanism.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I would like to add that if you are part of any Religion you have done this yourself. When you engage in prayer you are in effect creating a seance by sending out the intention to communicate with a none local entity know as God... If you visit a church and are congregating with mass you are in a consensus trance and in a state of mediumship to God...when you watch a bishop or priest perform ceremony or ritual in consecration to Jesus Christ you are in effect listening and party to a spirit board...when you sit home and offer the intention of prayer for the Angels, Jesus, Mary or God to receive healing you are transmitting a clairvoyant signal for this to manifest. If you consider this topic superstition then you are certainly part of that superstition.

And yes I've experienced all of them and so have you, so has everyone, it is how we are born.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've only "done" a Ouija board once....
    I've never dabbled in this sort of thing. I've never had the need for a Ouija board or any other sort of two-way communication like that. I more set out for one-way methods--receiving messages, but not sending any out or opening the door.. I just peek through the peephole, if that makes sense. Tarot is my medium of choice when it comes to that.

In general, I think a lot of the paranormal activities are either fraudulent, mistaken, or something we do not yet understand without needing to be "spirits and ghosts"... but at the same time, I can't say for sure that those things don't happen. Just that it doesn't seem likely to me. Yet there are still experiences like the above that leave one wondering.
    When I watch shows like this one... (Forgive the gimmicks on it, it is TV afterall.)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ro-nUcafh4"]Part one in particular.[/YOUTUBE]

Where the family went bankrupt, multiple people terrorized, relationships torn to shreds.. all over an entity's rage. It makes me curious how people cannot believe. But it's such a far-away thing.. I suppose no one believes things like this until an event happens to them.

Oh, come now... the stories are what we are all here for!
    My youngest sister talked to people who didn't exist. Being a bit older (by 6 years), I played with imaginary friends a kid sometimes.. I knew they were imaginary, I just wanted to play by myself sometimes.. and being the extrovert I was, I had to create fake people even when I wanted to be alone. The way my sister interacted with them was way different.. She was very young at the time, 4-5ish.. She complained that one would keep waking her up at night, and that it scared her sometimes because it just stared at her for hours while she played.
    My mother and I ended up agreeing that we'd cleanse the house, and she prayed and I did what I thought I needed to do.. Eventually, after doing that for a while, my youngest sister stopped talking to anything altogether.. We never had a problem with it after that (not that it was a huge problem anyways..) My mother even had a ring of salt around my sister's bed for a week straight so every night we broke the ring, let her in, and fixed it again.

Tarot is my medium of choice.. I wrote a story in my blog where I essentially described seeing a card that shouldn't have been there.. And then pushing my friend away from me upon telling her this, because soon after an event occured. I didn't touch the cards for years after that, up until very recently at the request of a spiritual being that had asked me kindly.

Though.. Being religious and spiritual, I suppose you can take all of this with a grain of salt. I see energies and spirits everywhere.. to me, it's common sense.

I will say, instead of Ouija boards, we played a game called 13 doors as kids. It was one made up.. but we'd essentially open doors inside of our own head, and describe what we saw inside.. and the last door, if you opened it, was suppose to be someone or something else's mind.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Ginkgo

I'm open but critical.