• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seances, mediumship, clairevoyance, spirit boards

A

Anew Leaf

Has anyone any genuine experiences of these things? Do you consider them real or merely superstitions, if you consider them superstitions would you still engage in them? For a laugh or as part of a serious investigation?

I am skeptical about some of these things unless I can investigate them myself.

Having said that, I do belive there is something more out there than what we can see and taste and touch, etc. Some of it is good, and some of it is bad.

I personally do not wish to be a pioneer into this other realm by opening myself up to something bad.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
wow i love that...i do not have enough people in my life currently interested in such things...that's what its about..how much fun is that?

Yeah it was incredible to see it with my own eyes. Although this year, its been some kind of incredible where this is now a bit more common for me than most people. The things that have been going on in my life leaves me with certainty that all of it is real.

I can relate countless experiences in this realm. A great many people misunderstand this area, I am the few who understand with clarity what it all means. When a persons energy field is dense and heavy, their light body, the merkabah field. It is going to attract negative energy and that is the kind of experiences one receives for the most part. Until a persons energy is raised vibrationally to become light enough and then life becomes interesting.

I would like to point to the idea of lightworkers and darkworkers at this point that is 1% of people wish to be either.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
More creepy stories, please.

OK .. I was about 13-14 yrs old and round our friends house who's parents were devout Catholics .. We did a ouji board and used the statue of the Virgin Mary instead of a glass (hindsight, stupid) Anyway we got through to someone who kept spelling out the letters Carl and Rape .. I was seeing someone called Carl and because he was pushing me for sex i backed off. About a year later i heard he'd been accused of rape. Don't know the outcome.

Then we got through to someone who was not pleasant at all. The statue was going crazy and flew off the table, then we heard the biggest bang in the closet at which point we all ran out of the bedroom and went down stairs .. If i were in that room, i wouldn't of slept that night.

I've had people sit on the end of my bed at night, something gave me a hug in my conservatory, i've asked for a sign/noise and got it and shite myself.

I am open to this, although i closed it off many years ago out of fear .. My only concern is awakening it and not having the power to close it.

I've been to a progressive spiritual church twice now and really enjoyed the environment and speaking to like minded people.
The second time i sat with a man for 15 mins and he gave me a reading. I always keep my mouth shut. I don't want to make it easy for them. The first thing he said to me was 'Why do you have suitcases with you?' I replied i wasn't going on holiday and he said again, 'As you walked towards me, i could see you wheeling along suitcases', meh and we'll see.

I like anything that opens me up to new possibilities, be it runes, palmistry, tarot. I want to try scraying at some point.

Mole

Permabanned
Pretentious Art

Seances, mediumship, clairevoyance, spirit boards are expressions of the imagination.

But they are poor expressions of the imagination.

And they are poor expressions because they imply they are true rather than imaginary.

When the impoverished imagination tries to bolster itself, it says wide-eyed, "This is a true story".

So Seances, mediumship, clairevoyance, spirit boards are simply second rate art with pretensions.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
They are real and based on demonic influences. Some experiences with these types of things may be faked, as in a parlor game, but some are very real. It may seem like fun, like a Halloween thing, but in reality if you are contacting spirits that align themselves with evil, then you will get what you ask for.

People often want good in their lives, but then look to evil to satisfy them in some way. It doesn't work that way. You get what you ask for.

Mole

Permabanned
Imaginary Demons and Angels

They are real and based on demonic influences. Some experiences with these types of things may be faked, as in a parlor game, but some are very real. It may seem like fun, like a Halloween thing, but in reality if you are contacting spirits that align themselves with evil, then you will get what you ask for.

People often want good in their lives, but then look to evil to satisfy them in some way. It doesn't work that way. You get what you ask for.

From my point of view, both demonic and angelic influences are imaginary.

However homo sapiens has the ability to respond to both reality and the imagination in almost the same way.

Fortunately the work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn the distinction between imagination and reality.

However many children are not allowed to learn the distinction between imagination and reality. And so as adults they confuse reality and imagination.

And so they think imaginary demons and angels are real.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

Evil isn't in the universe. It's in people, and only in people.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've only "done" a Ouija board once, when I was about twenty. It was kind of a freaky experience, because I know I wasn't moving the thing, and the other person was one of my closest friends at the time... an ISFP not prone to that kind of deceit, some who is typically honest and straightforward. (At worst, he'd do something for a joke, but then would not be able to contain himself after and would start laughing. That is not even close to what has persisted here.)

Ai...how creepy! I did something very similar when I was 19. Ouija board. I knew I wasn't moving it and neither was the person I was doing it with. We were asking "yes" or "no" questions. Things that we would only know the answer to. It answered accurately. Now what was really creepy was when it got ugly and started to spell out that one of the girls in the room was a slut, that she'd sleep with anyone, she was disgusting...it got worse and worse and finally disclosed that she slept with someone's boyfriend that was in the room. The girl got hysterical, said she was sorry, it was only one time. The other girl hit her and left.

I was disturbed by that for a long time. It was probably the start of my return to my childhood religion (fortunately, the hypocrisy led me right back out again).

Mole

Permabanned
Superstition and Sexual Healing

None of these superstitions can survive a random double blind experiment, anymore than MBTI can.

So why are they so popular?

And we only have to look to our guru, Carl Jung, to find the answer.

Jung warmed his patents up with astrology and personality types to prepare them for sexual healing.

And we all know sex sells and there are many here who long for sexual healing.