User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I had a Ouija board for awhile. I used it with a neighbor/friend, whose husband was on a ship. The Ouija board spelled out "Fire! Fire! The ship is burning!" (Total lie). It told me I was going to marry a man named Stephen Kakol. I've never met nor heard of such a person, meanwhile was married twice to other people, neither of whom was even a Stephen, Steve, or Kakol. Then I left home and my mother got ahold of the Ouija board and used it as a lap desk while she was taking some courses that she found very difficult. When I came home and tried the board again, all it would do is cuss.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

@kyuuei: Thanks for all that, maybe more later (I'm leaving for home in a few minutes)... I just did watch Paranormal Activity 3 last night, though, so your story about your sis creeps me out. If you ever see it, you'll know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I will say, instead of Ouija boards, we played a game called 13 doors as kids. It was one made up.. but we'd essentially open doors inside of our own head, and describe what we saw inside.. and the last door, if you opened it, was suppose to be someone or something else's mind.
    Wow. I have never ever heard of that game before, and it's resonating inside me right now. Thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I'm open but critical.
    "All right, demon, I was open enough that you got in ... but your nose is far too big and mishapen, and your mother wears spikey combat boots!"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've only "done" a Ouija board once, when I was about twenty. It was kind of a freaky experience, because I know I wasn't moving the thing, and the other person was one of my closest friends at the time... an ISFP not prone to that kind of deceit, some who is typically honest and straightforward. (At worst, he'd do something for a joke, but then would not be able to contain himself after and would start laughing. That is not even close to what has persisted here.)

I didn't feel much throughout myself nor did I direct the planchette, but he essentially went into something like a trance stance, sweat broke out on his forehead, it was very creepy. We received messages supposedly about some young boy who was killed in a mob riot in Africa somewhere. (We're in North America.) After it was over, my friend literally fell backwards and did not move for awhile, he was very pale. He had trouble describing what happened, he really wasn't sure. He said he was aware of everything but didn't feel in control of them.

We never did a Ouija again, nor did it really get talked about. Which I suppose is odd in itself. I still am skeptical; in this situation I'm not skeptical of my friend's honesty (I don't think he was consciously doing things just to fool me), but as far as what it actually was? It's unclear and there's no way to validate anything.

In general, I think a lot of the paranormal activities are either fraudulent, mistaken, or something we do not yet understand without needing to be "spirits and ghosts"... but at the same time, I can't say for sure that those things don't happen. Just that it doesn't seem likely to me. Yet there are still experiences like the above that leave one wondering.

Oh, come now... the stories are what we are all here for!
    Cool story!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i do believe that the spirit world can interact with the physical through mediums or dreams or possibly even just sharing thoughts. my mother and sister had a few experiences with a medium where they contacted my father and little sister who passed....and i believe the experience was real...just as i do some dreams that i've had.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESFJ

I never get bored of this subject.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

On Thursday I went to a local Conscious Living Expo and a lady started to channel a Monk and for an hour the Monk of a collective consciousness of monks was answering questions by the people present, her whole personality changed to a male energy. It was quite interesting.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    On Thursday I went to a local Conscious Living Expo and a lady started to channel a Monk and for an hour the Monk of a collective consciousness of monks was answering questions by the people present, her whole personality changed to a male energy. It was quite interesting.
    wow i love that...i do not have enough people in my life currently interested in such things...that's what its about..how much fun is that?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Ya know, I've got a strange tale to tell. I am slightly embarrased to contribute because I really do think stuff like this is BS and chalk it up to at most, mind over matter, energy, and manifesting things to happen.

Anyhow. When I was about 9 I had this friend that lived across the street. She was a year younger and at some point, came across the "Bloody Mary" stories that infiltrated our grade school. SHe came home one day telling me all about some girls that had said "bloody Mary" 9 times in a mirror at school while spinning around, and then saw a vision in the mirror of some kind of dark, demonic thang. Anyhow, at the time I told her it was BS, but she was absolutely terrified by it. I persuaded her to come into the bathroom of my parents home to conduct a little experiment and prove that she had nothing to be afriad of. We did the whole ordeal, looked in the mirror, nothing. I turned to her and said "See, I told you.." and right as I reached my hand to the lightswitch to turn it off, the dam light fixture over the light burst! This sent us running into my bedroom, and as we reached my closet (where all my games were stacked) they ALL came tumbling down. It was rather freaky! Again, I do believe it was a coincidence.

Now I don't believe in this modern day voodoo stuff, ghosts etc. But I can say this really did happen and I can't explain it. I never observed a light fixture bursting like that in my parents house before then or since. Nothing in my own house either. *Shrugs*.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Now I don't believe in this modern day voodoo stuff
    I find libertarian economists unconvincing too.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's good to know this stuff, cause you can attract a lot of woman with it

But besides, nothing is better than LSD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]