• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In relationships.....

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i asked this because i have developed feelings for a girl that is way prettier, way better and in terms of the thread more smarter. (Intelligence and smarts are different things). She is one year younger and probably one of the smartest in her year level....like a 90% student while i'm a 65-75% student. i'm gone.

It is just possible that she really likes you and is hoping that just because she's "prettier" and "smarter", you don't judge her.

I'm serious. If you are a girl in that position and someone clearly likes you (or at least is putting a lot of messages out there) and then makes it clear that you're somehow "too high" for him, you can end up hating your intellect. You can feel like being at all smart is a big fat burden and it makes you unattractive. You can start to tell yourself that you're not particularly attractive physically and there must be something wrong with you even if objectively that is not the case. Etc. You do feel judged if you're a girl in that position and you actually do like the guy. It's not a pleasant feeling.

If she acts like she's too good for you, that's another story. But seriously, if she does like you and you go off and find yourself a dumber, uglier girl (being blunt, sorry), there is a good chance that she will be really hurt, feel like an idiot, and end up disliking you.

Illmatic

majority of the girls I've liked have been more smarter than me. Might sound weird but i had a dream and i was talking to her and when i woke up, i really started developing the feelings.

but to make everything worse..

I'm finishing school this year.

xisnotx

Permabanned
these days "academically smarter" is just a way of saying "more hardworking". some of the biggest idiots i know are, technically speaking, "academically smarter" than me.

And, id be very surprised if the person i ended up with wasn't more hardworking than i was. i mean, all she'd have to do is..get up in the morning. although, there's also a good chance i'll be "academically smarter" than her...i'm already "academically smarter" than most people (that is, too lazy to get out of college and get a job, instead im thinking about getting yet another useless degree..)