User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

well, first i'd like to know what you're going to do with this real truth? nobody is buying truth nowadays, and it wont keep you warm at night. by the time truth comes back in style, you'll be rotting in a grave somewhere - or be cosmic dust.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    well, first i'd like to know what you're going to do with this real truth? nobody is buying truth nowadays, and it wont keep you warm at night. by the time truth comes back in style, you'll be rotting in a grave somewhere - or be cosmic dust.
    What is done with this "real truth" depends on what is true, obviously. If Islaam is correct, then I will pray 5 times a day facing Mecca, give alms to the poor, make a pilgrimage to Mecca, say "Allah is God and Mohammad is his prophet", and practice Ramadan in hopes that Allah will spare me from judgement based on my living a good life. If Scientology is correct, then I'll go through the process of auditing and try to remember my all the things that happened to my thetan in the past.

(Disclaimer: sorry if I didn't accurately represent Muslim or Scientologist doctrine; it was more of an example than anything else)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm asking just because I love conversations like this, and also because I have noticed that people tend to always look for proof that supports their own views, instead of looking for real truth. I wonder why more people don't even try to find out what is real and what is not.

I do believe real truth exists. Pretending that "all truths" are equally valid doesn't work. You can believe all you want that you are a princess with a castle, but when it comes down to it, you are a low-paid worker living with several other people in a run-down trailer.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    ...and also because I have noticed that people tend to always look for proof that supports their own views, instead of looking for real truth.
    I sometimes worry about this. Am I just looking narrow-mindedly at one aspect of things to confirm my own beliefs? I don't think that I am. Certainly every human carries bias, though. It's impossible not to.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Jiddu Krishnamurti.
    Exactly.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by gmanyo View Post
    What is done with this "real truth" depends on what is true, obviously. If Islaam is correct, then I will pray 5 times a day facing Mecca, give alms to the poor, make a pilgrimage to Mecca, say "Allah is God and Mohammad is his prophet", and practice Ramadan in hopes that Allah will spare me from judgement based on my living a good life. If Scientology is correct, then I'll go through the process of auditing and try to remember my all the things that happened to my thetan in the past.

(Disclaimer: sorry if I didn't accurately represent Muslim or Scientologist doctrine; it was more of an example than anything else)
    What if the truth is that we are all here to produce fertilizer for the soil? Are you going to start shitting all over the place?
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

In a dumpster with the rest of the trash.

I'd take a scientific approach as much as possible/on anything observable. I'd try not to jump the gun too much on things if there's a possibility that they can be answered that way. I'm not going to go for some alternative explanation of nature "just because it's different" or something. That's just being retarded. Science is my best hope, as far as truth goes.

As for questions that science can't even ask, there is no truth. It's a void. Although I can make it up or have faith in some ideas. Or I can take a chance at some things. That's cool enough. Maybe my truth IS being cool with that. Being OK that I'll never know everything. I'm pretty sure I won't be solving "ultimate truth" in my lifetime, and I doubt humanity will as well. Even if we have 5 billion years to do it. The fun thing may be that in that amount of time, you can do a lot of searching, and stumble across some smaller truths (and maybe stumble over some too). And you will do less searching if you think you have it all figured out.

MBTI
    ISTx

Matrix Trilogy

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Say you wanted to know what is really truth - not just you defending your current world view, but truly understanding what is real. Where would you start your search? What would you consider to be valid or not valid sources of information?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Start with the willingness to be absolutely wrong about everything you've ever known.
    + 2

It's an ability often understimated. Thats why you must re-ask that question yourself every minute
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]