First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    What would you consider to be valid or not valid sources of information?
    I'll let you know when I find it.

i tend to throw the spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    INTp

The only truth easily comprehensible to us is the present. Right now as you are reading this your experiencing what is happening. That is truth is it not? Maybe your just over-thinking what truth actually is...

Where would you start your search?
    Public television?

http://www.closertotruth.com/video-profile/Why-Is-Consciousness-So-Mysterious-Full-Episode-/289
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

I would say watch, listen, and interact, taking in what you learn. Refine your understanding, which is related to what @Qlip says about being open to being wrong.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENTP

Where to start? Now that's a difficult question.

I'd like to say that one should start without any presuppositions, realizing that one could be wrong about everything, but one has to start somewhere. Without presuppositions there is no starting point. Even in purely concrete subjects like math there are postulates. To get anywhere, we do have to assume a few things: first off, that human logic at its purest form has some form of inherent correctness, and secondly that our experiences are based on some form or reality around us, even if they aren't always accurate. Once one gets somewhere with these "postulates", then the extent to which these work out confirms their truthfulness, thought I guess one should be ready to accept these being wrong.

I'd also like to point out that if a certain worldview comes without consequences for disbelief, I probably wouldn't bother looking into it much. I guess this is a utilitarian view and sort of an extended version of Pascal's argument, but whatever.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gmanyo View Post
    Where to start? Now that's a difficult question.

I'd like to say that one should start without any presuppositions, realizing that one could be wrong about everything, but one has to start somewhere. Without presuppositions there is no starting point. Even in purely concrete subjects like math there are postulates. To get anywhere, we do have to assume a few things: first off, that human logic at its purest form has some form of inherent correctness, and secondly that our experiences are based on some form or reality around us, even if they aren't always accurate. Once one gets somewhere with these "postulates", then the extent to which these work out confirms their truthfulness, thought I guess one should be ready to accept these being wrong.

I'd also like to point out that if a certain worldview comes without consequences for disbelief, I probably wouldn't bother looking into it much. I guess this is a utilitarian view and sort of an extended version of Pascal's argument, but whatever.
    I disagree here. I think any postulates you should start with should be personal. These postulates are somewhat NT flavoured. The first truth is internal, recognizing what you need out of life.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Which truth are we talking about? There are many truths.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

What is "really" true? Quite frankly, I'm beginning to seriously doubt if there are absolute truths so I rely on what appears to be logically consistent. Even then, it's still open to greater logical consistencies.

As an example, CERN's recent challenge to the theory of relativity. Let's see if the results can be reproduced. Go neutrinos, go!

Say you wanted to know what is really truth - not just you defending your current world view, but truly understanding what is real. Where would you start your search? What would you consider to be valid or not valid sources of information?
    I think you'd start by looking at your world view. It seems a lot of things depend on meeting some result you've decided is valid and worthwhile. I'd consider myself the best source of information on that.

Then in other more practical areas it would be a matter of testing ideas out in reality. Do they work.

I can't think about the idea without thinking about time, you only have so much time so what truths are important to you?