• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What reality are you afraid of?

G

Ginkgo

ding ding ding

velociraptor-literal-version-30063-1269011216-1.jpg

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
At this point of my life, I'm afraid of failure of finding a job that I'm passionate in.

xisnotx

Permabanned
What reality (different from your current world view) would really scare you if it were the truth?

The reality that you seem to exist in, that is, thinking that your reality isn't the truth. My reality is the truth..I'm afraid of thinking otherwise.

Jack427

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A reality where left is 5, purple smells funny, and the X rays are particularly loud yesterday.

ygolo

My termites win
What reality (different from your current world view) would really scare you if it were the truth?

What worries me is that Japan represents the future of the world...economically depressed, aging population, extremely urban with rural population shrinking fast, young people not having intercourse despite being highly open to sexuality, general isolation of people despite being co-located due to technology...21st century schizoid man.

For me, it would be that the universe was truly random and not meaningful.

We know there is no such thing as complete randomness...even random processes have order and meaning to them. What I find fascinating (and intensely more meaningful as I study it more) is that we are the product of such meaningful random processes.

Neutralpov

Being dependent with no way out for most of my life and miserable. The thing is it could happen to me via accident or health problems by chance. Unlikely but still scary. I could survive pretty much anything else I think.

Lark

I'm afraid of the reality of Sierra Leone, North Korea and the worst of Detroit and places like that. Those people's realities scare me.

To all intents and purposes this is true for me too, I fear for my safety first and concerns such as meaning and destiny or ultimate meaning are secondary. Significant enough but secondary.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there is good reason to fear chaos, if you've ever met any truly chaotic individuals its a clue to how terrible it would be.

This.

I fear war in the streets. Utter chaos. Everything spinning out-of-control.

Lark

This.

I fear war in the streets. Utter chaos. Everything spinning out-of-control.

I should clarify though, I'm afraid of falling prey to chaos or I would be afraid of the sort of shitty hierarchy which inevitably arises in chaotic situations. In a straight forward, time limited out break of disorder I think I'd be fine and anyone who attempted to use the "fog of war" to attack me or injury those in my own personal protectorate would suffer some consequences and losses, although I honestly dont think I could keep it up, they'd eventually make an attack and my endurance would be spent.

rav3n

Reality is subjective where universal or absolute truths rarely to never exist. With this in mind, no realities scare me since they aren't reality. :tongue: