• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Bible

I interpret it to be

• completely literal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mostly literal, with some parables/metaphors

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • mostly parables/metaphors with historical fact

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • complete nonsense

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • other

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think much of it is literal and much of it is allegorical. I find that the New Testament is often more allegorical and less literal, which makes sense- the originators of the New Testament preached it by going from town to town and explaining it, not writing it down and distributing it. That only happened later. So it stands to reason that complete literal exactness in the New Testament stories are not required, and it's the moral that matters far more. My grandmother takes the bible far too literally, and it's quite annoying at times.