• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Varieties of Truth

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
And this is the judgement: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God." --John 3:16-21

lens8423361_1260742936tim-tebow-john-3-16.jpg

His Second Coming.

KDude

OK. Since you asked, I will tell you.

Biblical Christianity can be summed up like this:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
And this is the judgement: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God." --John 3:16-21

That's fine and all, but that still doesn't explain why you deny Keirkegaard is a Christian. I never read anything from him that disputed the above. To be honest, it sounds like you're being a dick for no reason.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
That's fine and all, but that still doesn't explain why you deny Keirkegaard is a Christian. I never read anything from him that disputed the above. To be honest, it sounds like you're being a dick for no reason.

Cuz he doesn't like Kierkegaard, duuuh!

KDude

Cuz he doesn't like Kierkegaard, duuuh!

Well, maybe he needs to learn the difference between disliking someone, and denying fellowship/inclusion/community/whatever you call it with God. He's making himself out to be someone who has the specific requirements of "salvation" because... he doesn't like them? If his beliefs turn out to be true, and he keeps thinking that way, then he's going to be pissed off once he gets in heaven. It's impossible that he'll be able to agree with the.. hypothetical gazillions of souls there.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx

I don't have time to respond to every question. I have to prioritize.

S

Sniffles

OK. Since you asked, I will tell you.

Biblical Christianity can be summed up like this:

Ok, I doubt Kierkegaard would dispute with the truth of that.

For those interested(especially [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]), here's Ellie Bostwick's Kierkegaard vs. Nietzsche: Discerning the Nature of True Christian Faith, which helps shed certain light on Kierkegaard's religious perspectives.

KDude

I don't have time to respond to every question. I have to prioritize.

Then stop making thoughtless statements. It would help slim down the questions. For example, if you're going to make a call on who's Christian (and, I assume, "saved" in your eyes), even when that very person, more or less, believes in the same precepts you do.. well.. then you should explain further on why. Apparently you have more requirements for what's Christian than what you have stated so far.

But like I said in my entrance to this thread, it's even better to not say anything at all. To simply shut up. This way, you get no questions.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Then stop making thoughtless statements. It would help slim down the questions. For example, if you're going to make a call on who's Christian (and, I assume, "saved" in your eyes), even when that very person, more or less, believes in the same precepts you do.. well.. then you should explain further on why. Apparently you have more requirements for what's Christian than what you have stated so far.

But like I said in my entrance to this thread, it's even better to not say anything at all. To simply shut up. This way, you get no questions.

I'm just gonna post what I want to post when I want to post.

But you may be right. It might be better just to lurk.

This is tedious beyond belief.

KDude

This is tedious beyond belief.

I hope you're not trying to blame that on me though. I'm surprised you can't simply say "Hmm.. my bad. I didn't actually consider the possibility that Kierkegaard was a Christian." Or, if you don't want to admit that, then you would need to explain what being a Christian is beyond quoting John 3:16. You seem to have other requirements that you don't want to talk about. Because it's tedious to explain or something. Must suck if it's that's difficult, but it's not my religion, is it? It's yours.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
I hope you're not trying to blame that on me though. I'm surprised you can't simply say "Hmm.. my bad. I didn't actually consider the possibility that Kierkegaard was a Christian." Or, if you don't want to admit that, then you would need to explain what being a Christian is beyond quoting John 3:16. You seem to have other requirements that you don't want to talk about. Because it's tedious to explain or something. Must suck if it's that's difficult, but it's not my religion, is it? It's yours.

Yes, you have made this very tedious.

More so than anyone else, so far.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Blaming people for your own problems then, eh? Classy.

OK, you win.

I've endured pages and pages of personal attacks from you, and I think I've had enough.

It would be wise for you to stop now.

KDude

OK, you win.

I've endured pages and pages of personal attacks from you, and I think I've had enough.

It would be wise for you to stop now.

Personal attacks? Way to be dramatic..... again.

I'm not sure what you mean by being wise. If you want me to stop, just cry about it instead. That would work better. At least you'd invoke some pity. Trying to speak down to me like you're my school principal isn't going to work though. And I've broken no rules here anyways, afaik.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
Personal attacks? Way to be dramatic..... again.

I'm not sure what you mean by being wise. If you want me to stop, just cry about it instead. That would work better. At least you'd invoke some pity. Trying to speak down to me like you're my school principal isn't going to work though. And I've broken no rules here anyways, afaik.

We'll see about that. Keep harassing me, and you'll find out the hard way.

KDude

We'll see about that. Keep harassing me, and you'll find out the hard way.

I think you need to get a grip. First off, I'm not harassing you. Second, what exactly does the "hard way" mean? Are you in cahoots with the admins, where somehow I'm going to be punished for something completely up to your whims? Perhaps you're a pesky hacker and have my IP address.. maybe you'll track down my home and kill me with a chainsaw? Wait.. I got it. Are you going to pray that I get struck by lightning? The Powers that Be already come up with much better afflictions. For far more valid complaints than whatever you have.

Spurgeon

MBTI Type
xNxx
I think you need to get a grip. First off, I'm not harassing you. Second, what exactly does the "hard way" mean? Are you in cahoots with the admins, where somehow I'm going to be punished for something completely up to your whims? Perhaps you're a pesky hacker and have my IP address.. maybe you'll track down my home and kill me with a chainsaw? Wait.. I got it. Are you going to pray that I get struck by lightning? The Powers that Be already come up with much better inflictions. For far more valid complaints than whatever you have.

No. I have simply reported you.

It's up to the Mods to decide what to do.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, its reported, we'll come to a decision on its merit, but for now feel free to give it a rest.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Wow, that really devolved quickly since I last checked this thread.

Next time, my children, I will not be gone for so long.

G

Ginkgo

Hm. I tend to think there is either truth or falsity, while my friends think that human understanding can't access the truth, and that the more evidence there is for something, the more true it is. :thelook: