First 122021222324 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Mostly, yes, as most people seldom doubt the apparent nature of reality. There are learned rules too, of course.
    This sounds arrogant, but it is hard for me to believe that. That kind of life seems inconceivable to me, to quote Wallace Shawn. And yet, observation supports it.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

There's THE TRUTH

and

The Truth!

It's a perception only. Truth is what you want to believe.

For 200,000 years we knew the truth - we knew we were the centre of the Universe. Look, we said, the very Sun goes round us every day, and look, we are the centre of the Gods' attentions, and finally the centre of the One God's attention.

And just as every child goes through the narcissistic phase believing they are the centre of the universe, so we believed we were the centre of the Universe.

But the values of evidence and reason of the Enlightenment led us to question our belief that we are the centre of the Universe.

Evidence and reason applied to astronomy showed us we are not the centre of the Universe. We now know the centre is everywhere. In other words, where ever we are in the Universe, we have the illusion we are at the centre.

And interestingly we still believe our size is at the centre of the Universe. But Quantum Mechanics and Relativity have shown us that size is simply parochial. We are still narcissistic about our size.

But we now know that the very big or the very small are so far out of our perception of size we can't even imagine them, although we can delineate them with great accuracy.

Narcissism is a necessary phase for small children to pass through, but in grownups, narcissism is a neurosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    It's a perception only. Truth is what you want to believe.
    Some of us believe the TV is broadcasting signals that control our mind. It this the truth or is this psychosis?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Some of us believe the TV is broadcasting signals that control our mind. It this the truth or is this psychosis?
    It is the truth for them. Their belief affects their own life, no-one elses. So if they want to throw their TV set on the street its up to them. I'm quite tired of your psychology rants clogging up my quotes though. Goodbye Mole.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Truth is the most accurate statement of reality that can be agreed upon using evidence for the context of that truth.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Sometimes, the truth is something that can be difficult to handle - especially in cases where a person who has forgotten his/her past is blissfully unaware that he/she is living a lie. In those cases, it would be better to remain lost in sweet idealistic dreams, than to face a bitter truth that could shatter the person completely.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

It is the truth for them. Their belief affects their own life, no-one elses. So if they want to throw their TV set on the street its up to them. I'm quite tired of your psychology rants clogging up my quotes though. Goodbye Mole.
    In fact it is a psychotic delusion. It is not the truth.

Those who suffer from a psychosis do suffer. And those who call their psychotic delusions the truth, do not relieve their suffering, but increase it.

To call a psychotic delusion the truth is an act of psychological cruelty.

I'm quite tired of your psychology rants clogging up my quotes
    Typology Central is a site devoted to psychology. And the first rule of psychology is do no harm. So those who come here to inflict psychological cruelty on the vulnerable will be vigourously opposed.