User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Judgement Day

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    God's gonna have to answer to me. I've got a list of questions a mile long. When we get done with that, then we can see about what's my excuse, but honestly, if he's smart, he won't start with me.
    He's probably shaking in his boots right now.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    When you face Almighty God--the Creator, Sustainer, and Righteous Judge of all things--on Judgement Day, what will be your defense?
    I will not presume to make any defence but to accept God is just.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    God's gonna have to answer to me. I've got a list of questions a mile long. When we get done with that, then we can see about what's my excuse, but honestly, if he's smart, he won't start with me.
    You sould read Philip K Dick's The Divine Invasion, its science fiction but influenced by Jewish mysticism, it will answer a lot of your questions I suspect. The dreams I had while reading it where amazing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    He's probably shaking in his boots right now.
    I should hope so!

And I'm not having any of this "I sent it as a trial to test your faith" crap either, because that's his usual cop out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You sould read Philip K Dick's The Divine Invasion, its science fiction but influenced by Jewish mysticism, it will answer a lot of your questions I suspect. The dreams I had while reading it where amazing.
    That's what this thread reminded me the most of, but I decided to not bother making any references. You'd kind of just have to read it.

I can enter this type of conversation with the Almighty at any moment. Why Judgement Day? Why is that to be the setting?

It's kind of regressive, like you take the John the Baptist approach. Screaming of the coming judgement and a future accounting. What about the here and now?

The Baptist was so fixated on how things would play out that way that he almost doubted Jesus. He sent messengers asking Jesus if he was the one or should everyone wait for another? Compared to the Baptist, Jesus looked tame. Jesus said "“Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”

And further down, he says.. "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds.”

Here John was emphasizing the end of the world, and then he hears of this guy helping people and postponing judgement. And better yet, Jesus warned him not to be offended. So why is it so important to you? Are you better than Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    He's probably shaking in his boo[b]s right now.

MBTI
    xNxx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I see you're in Heaven, so do you have any suggestions?
    Absolutely, yes.

Turn from your sins and believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who lived a sinless life, died, was buried, rose again, went to Heaven, and still lives and pleads for sinners at the right hand of God.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Spurgeon View Post
    When you face Almighty God--the Creator, Sustainer, and Righteous Judge of all things--on Judgement Day, what will be your defense?
    Shotgun and a fallen angel. That seemed to work out just well enough in the Legion.

E: Or what about the proverbial burrito and the microwave?
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"Just inspecting to see if it's worth buying the timeshare. I've got three more places to look at before tomorrow, so make your best pitch."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft