• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does Hell exist?

Does Hell exist?

• Yes

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 43 72.9%

• Total voters

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
God needs to get his shit in order. There's waaay too much white noise out there for a regular chump to figure out which denomination will get you to heaven and which one will damn you to hell.
I agree, but I think people and the religion they create are the source of the noise.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. I believe all these things represent evil, which exists on earth. I believe in hell-on-earth, and I've been there.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm not suggesting that hell should be focused on but I'm quite curious as to why it's considered irrelevant or non-existent in some cases. What is it about hell that makes people not want to even acknowledge or discuss it's existence?

Well a Nihilist will say that we'll never know and thus won't speak on the subject. Also when you get into the reason why you go to Heaven or Hell (which is morality) we get too subjective. Think of it like this.... It will sound tacky. Masochists enjoy pain that's inflicted upon them, if your consciousness follows you after death and you were "evil" and go to Hell where you are tortured is that really a punishment? Hell is no longer evil to them, or a place they wish to avoid.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
My interpretation is as good as anybody else's. Get back to me when there is a standard christian belief.
Are we going to have to wait for Relativity Theory to agree fully with quantum mechanics to make any progress in science too?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Screw all of this esoteric debate. I'm organizing an expedition!

Who's in?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Screw all of this esoteric debate. I'm organizing an expedition!

Who's in?

To Hell? I've been there, it's not nearly as bad as you'd think.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

No. But has there ever been progress in christian theology?

Religions can't really progress... I suppose they could civilize, but even then we can't determine progress we can just see change. I'd say it has changed.

A

Anew Leaf

Having matters settled in a way that makes future consideration of them unnecessary or getting closer to the truth in a way that can be evidenced objectively.

So what you don't like is that Christianity is open to interpretation and isn't set in stone? (could be reading this wrong)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Having matters settled in a way that makes future consideration of them unnecessary or getting closer to the truth in a way that can be evidenced objectively.

The way I see it, religions change with the needs of the people. Theology just tries to have it make some sort of internal sense. No progress.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
No. But has there ever been progress in christian theology?
My point was of course that there is much disagreement in many fields, and that differing perspectives aren't necessarily contradictions.

For example, let's take what seems like a fairly objective question: Where is the Sun right now? I don't think you want or need to answer that, because you probably understand where the discussion would quickly go.