62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 30.65%
  • No

43 69.35%
First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    STP

actually I don't go to church often. Right now I go to a non-denominational church in my area. Mostly just for the worship music... but as far as the denomination lead beliefs and sermons, I've found I have far more information than I have obedience for so I tend not to go often. I enjoy online sermons, and I will probably be getting into a small group or Bible group soon.
    Good intentions are not enough.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    And I don't find you baffling. You should understand that I find you disagreeable instead. There's not going to be any step where if I did this or saw that, then I'd be less confused by you. It's just that I don't like what you're saying (Your values sound commendable, don't get me wrong. You just lose me when you start making it about you and the entire world. I don't think you know much of anything about the world to begin with).
    Of course you don't, its natural. Perhaps I am aware and perceive more about how the world functions than people assume. The metaphor word world is intended, for separation consciousness to change one must feel connected to earth and the people around us rather than think of the mind as a separate entity with ego personality as denominations. Your response is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Of course you don't, its natural. Perhaps I am aware and perceive more about how the world functions than people assume.
    If you perceived so much, you would probably be more accurate in those threads you make where you post visuals signifying posters here. If I'm any indication, you don't even ask people questions before assessing them. I remember the picture you had for me being pretty off at least. I recall a pic of some fay looking "Sensualist", dressed up in a flowery goth getup. That wasn't me at all. Not even a little or in some loosely defined "symbolic" way.

Whether you were truly serious or not, I don't know.. But I'm just using this as an example of how far off you can be on just one person.. Let alone, how far off you might be on the world as a whole. Why should I accept your "wisdom" when you have zero credibility in my experience? Exactly what can you teach me when you don't care to know me or ask first off where I am or what steps I've taken in life. You just instantly make judgements and say I need to learn how to change.

Anyways, I doubt anyone will be knocking you off that ivory tower anytime soon (in fact, this very post is pointless). Feel free to scope the landscape and make up your own stories. And have a good day.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

You just instantly make judgements and say I need to learn how to change.
    Maybe I rattled something and the reaction is such.

Anyways, I doubt anyone will be knocking you off that ivory tower anytime soon (in fact, this very post is pointless). Feel free to scope the landscape and make up your own stories. And have a good day.
    This world is a story, we make it by buying into other peoples stories without listening to ours. it is meant to be as it is meant to be. from the moment the conversation started I understood where it was going.

Why should I accept your "wisdom" when you have zero credibility in my experience?
    Maybe you are finally learning something, it is your 3D experience not mine that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    This world is a story, we make it by buying into other peoples stories without listening to ours. it is meant to be as it is meant to be. from the moment the conversation started I understood where it was going.
    Lol, it hasn't gone anywhere. Other than you assuming too much. I guess if you saw that coming, then I'll give you some credit. You know that you can push people away. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Do you believe in the presence of demons, demonic things, and/or the devil?

Do you believe that hell (aka the lake of fire) exists?
    No, not like that. I always imagined hell would be an inner turmoil.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Lol, it hasn't gone anywhere. Other than you assuming too much. I guess if you saw that coming, then I'll give you some credit. You know that you can push people away. Brilliant.
    It has gone somewhere, energy was created to create the responses and other people viewed the conversation if they wished. My intention was to express my views to stretch possibilities and comfort zones, to convince anyone they are needing change is a folly. I know this with my family, anyone else will listen maybe if I lead by example when I change, even then the probability is low anyone else will change for they are on their path that is in alignment to their spirit not mine. To be otherwise would be dismissing your experiences. Assumptions, well I like to consider I brought some contrast rather than assumptions.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    No, not like that. I always imagined hell would be an inner turmoil.
    Good point.

Default The Literal Hell and the Mytho-Poetic Hell

Hell certainly does exist in the mytho-poetic imaginations of many religions.

For reasons I am not sure of we tend to take the mytho-poetic literally, and so we think hell exists literally.

However we have no experimental evidence about hell, so we can't say for certain hell exists literally or doesn't exist literally.

I would say yes, but not in the biblical sense.

I guess if you asked me what I thought Hell represents, I would say fear. People can accept and get used to pain, but when fear accompanies pain, only then does anything really seem to become a problem.

And that's the same thing as inner turmoil?