• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would You Die For A Cause?

G

Ginkgo

Your cause is not the cause of the other.

The Islamists die for their cause.
Beck, Stauffenberg and Gördeler died for the cause of the other.

I chewed your statements around in my mind. Now I'm spitting this out: We die for life. Beautiful. *applause for wildcat*

Lark

I've been thinking about this thread and I think that while I would not like to die for a cause and value life probably more than anything else I would die for a cause if I had no choice, better to stand for something as fall for anything.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my line of work technically I have to be prepared to die for the cause every day. (In reality i'd be pretty unlucky but its possible) And i'm sure a lot of others are in this position at work.
If the situation arises, I probably have made mistakes and missed things if it gets so far that my life is at stake. And to be honest it would probably be over pretty quickly in that instance, I would react as i am trained to and if i die, I die. I don't suppose there would be much thinking time.

I think if i had the option, I would rather not die though.. So yeah i wouldn't make a conscious decision to die for the cause, but potentially I am putting myself in that situation!

Mole

Permabanned
The Party

I don't understand needing to justify my existence or needing a reason to live. I'm alive; I live.

Whenever you go to a party, the first thing they ask is, what do you do?

They don't say, how do you do, they ask, what do you do?

How do you justify your existence, they ask, by what you do?

I try to tell them I am into being rather than doing. But it makes no difference, if I can't justify my existence by doing, I can't be - if I can't do, I can't be.

And being unable to justify my existence at the party, I retire lonely to the kitchen once again.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now you've got Strangers In The Night running through my head.

omglookitsagoat

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
unlikely. If the cause seemed worthy I would, but 99.99% of causes in the world aren't worth me dying for. If I died for a cause, it would have to be one I believed in very much.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It depends on:

1. What cause it is
2. What good it would bring relative to the sacrifice
3. What good it would bring relative to other options
4. Who was involved
5. How large of a scale it would effect