First 12

Thread: Faith

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

LOL I read the title of this thread from my peripheral vision and thought it said "filth."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Iacobus View Post
    Everyone has faith, in different things, sometimes people. We often believe the definition of a good person is someone who has faith in humanity. And yet, a part of us... the most honest part of us, is unable to reconcile our observations that humanity can't be trusted with the fact that we want to trust people and see this as a good thing. Between these two extremes lies the joy and turmoil of human relationships.

Why do we put our faith in humanity if humanity is incapable and sometimes the opposite of what would fulfill and justify our faith?
    Between these two extremes lies the reality of each individual. There are a few people I would trust with my life, several I will trust to limited degrees in specific situations, and many I would not trust farther than I can throw. I will thus put my faith in individual humans more readily than in collective humanity.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Humans are what they are because of oppression. As there is no spiritual entity available to openly sort things out amongst us lower beings, I'm inclined to say that any talk of a higher being is a fantasy of people. And it's a fantasy that, frankly, I'm not willing to partake of. It's bullshit. Who wants a spiritual master? Who wants that? It's either escapism from our present state of bullshit or rationalization for it.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Because humanity makes me feel happy quite often, even though they sometimes make me sad. I seldomly experienced the sort of happiness that other spiritual people describe having with their faith in God and/or other spiritual forces. I wish I did experience it, because it sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Iacobus View Post
    Why do we put our faith in humanity if humanity is incapable and sometimes the opposite of what would fulfill and justify our faith?
    Is faith something that is wrong or right? Is it something that needs to be justified or that must lead to some kind of fulfillment?