User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe that the good in this world outweighs the bad?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe that the good outweighs the bad.

11 32.35%
  • I believe that the bad outweighs the good.

11 32.35%
  • I believe there to be an equal balance.

12 35.29%
First 4567 Last

If we take classic definitions of good and bad: Bad is getting stronger and stronger over the years and we have probably went into the zone when it is stronger force.

I don't want to brake someones idealism but the world as a whole is falling apart.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I've encountered more bad than there is good but when I do it just makes me think that I must be the actual good that I'm looking for and must continue to be so until I can find it anywhere else in the world.
    Likes Video liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    If we take classic definitions of good and bad: Bad is getting stronger and stronger over the years and we have probably went into the zone when it is stronger force.

I don't want to brake someones idealism but the world as a whole is falling apart.
    I'm a short term pessimist and a long term optimist, any break down will make for something better I'm sure.

Although I'm inclined to believe that prophets of doom or greatness as all exaggerating one way or another and things will be more mundane, if only because nature and the perennial things endure and could give a shit about vogues or fashions and vanities of mankind.

Look at all the movements of any description which have prescribed one or another design for life, whether its Aryanism or LGBT, none of its materialised or materialised completely to the satisfaction of its support, its probably for the best too.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default Do you believe that the good in this world outweighs the bad?

I think they're even and balanced, but I don't believe that there's either absolute good or absolute bad, sometimes there's good in evil and vice versa
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This world is mostly corrupt, rotten, as it shows while it crumbles down slowly. It needs to be reshaped. And people don't do what's necessary for it. Focusing on their short term needs, within their bubbles, rather than the long term results of self destruction. The fear of nuclear war still remains. Things only get worse, and the news itself expresses and emphasizes this sheer negativity.

Look around. It is obvious.

However... that being said.

There is always hope.

I am pessimistic, but with a distant optimistic bend in terms of hope.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I don't believe in good and bad
    Likes Krim13 liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

That's completely subjective. I'd say yes for myself. The bad is just, generally, more obvious.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

As long as you fight tooth n nail for it
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee
    Likes Video liked this post

The world has improved markedly in recent times. Wars have receded. Social violence has receded. Prosperity has increased in leaps and bounds. And of great importance, child rearing has improved from from authoritarian child rearing to helping child rearing where the child is helped to achieve their life goals.

Evidence based medicine is improving every day. Science is discovering the most fundamental facts about the Universe from gravity waves to the so called 'God' particle.

More countries are becoming democratic, for instance, Indonesia, our next door neighbour, and the largest muslim country in the world, has recently become successfully democratic.

And there are more of us alive today and living longer than any other time.

Is there any better time to be alive? Yes, the next generation will have it even better.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I’ve always been annoyed by those cheery “life is good” tee shirts (and hats, bumper stickers—you get the idea). Life is not good. We hurt. We cry. We feel like punching things and screaming at people, or, in all honesty, the other way around. To say that life is good would not be an accurate representation of what it truly is and the pain it holds.

Conversely, I’ve seen sad faces under rain clouds with a “life is bad” caption, parodies of widespread, generalized optimism. Just as it wouldn’t be fair to label life as good, it’s inaccurate to say that life is entirely bad. We smile and laugh until our sides hurt, see beauty, hear perfect melodies, and enjoy simple pleasures.

Life is sometimes good. Life is sometimes bad. I think the truthful balance between the two extremes is this: life is life. It just is, and we just are.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes geedoenfj, Krim13 liked this post