• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how typology turned into a a problem of my soul

nanook

a scream in a vortex
thinker and that which is thought of cant be separated. this is always the case and is in principle understood from the rational stage onwards.

but with a topic like typology, as i handle it - as introverted resonance-groping of the territory - this principle becomes clear to the last consequence.

to gain complete clarity on typology, together with integral insight into stages of development, would transform the human condition into an objectively better state.

subjectively, it may look different: subjectively it is unclear what better means. the human subject can seemingly accept different circumstances, and (involuntarily) decide what it is content with and what it sees as a problem.

stone age people were already happy, when they hunted a mammoth. later we wanted to find God. today we want to see right through him, from quantum mechanics to the god-helmet.

*challenge accepted*

to my Subject, understanding typology has become an intrinsic need.
in my life, typology has become a trans-rational principle of navigation.

people come into my life as answers to 'typological' questions.
it takes me by surprise.

I generally navigate through reality [territory] by seeking to understand it and in so far, as i misunderstand reality, my navigation can become a nightmare.

getting to know people of different types is not about the discovery of differences - or it should not stop there. but differences have to be discovered before you can see people for what they are. but it's not only about getting to know them as they are, either.

the eight functions define (in part) the human condition as a whole
and everyone carries in himself all the functions.

everyone's live is set up by the interaction of all those functions, in self and other.
the principle may become more dominant, as we reinforce awareness of the functions.

in getting to know the functions you get to know your self, but not as an individual.

it is impossible, to interpret the overall picture of "your" eight functions as "this is me as a person", instead this "big-picture self" contains a person, like a spider web contains a fly.

the discovery of typological driving forces in one's own life carries introspective perception beyond the person and contradicts her seemingly separate existence.

as a person, one feels: "I don't identify as this, therefore this must occur to me as counterpart" and "this is also sort of in me, behind my back, and my internal relation towards it determines how my relationship to the correlating external counterpart unfolds"

the unique self is not the character, it's the whole dance.

sometimes, my big words seems to over trump the reality of my life/actualization.
there is no intention of deceit. it's just how my thinking goes...

my thinking style, at my stage, seeks to express what is essential, as trend, as possibility, as principle of probability of the collective subject of the human condition.

I find myself and my live enchanted by these trans-personal principles and see my journey as mystical journey (or should i say 'mythological' - it's both) regardless of whether I hardly progress, wander in circles or get lost altogether.

likewise, I perceive other people's lives, as only seemingly occurring in the same physical space, in seemingly similar bodies, I perceive their lives as unique journey, relative to their initial coordinates in spirit, following unique laws, striving towards a unique target and therefore as the experience of unique realities (rules/destinies).

C.G. Jung: "The more uncertain I have felt about myself, the more there has grown up in me a feeling of kinship with all things. In fact it seems to me as if that alienation which so long separated me from the world has become transferred into my own inner world and has revealed to me an unexpected unfamiliarity with myself." (Memories Dreams Reflections, page 361 in german edition)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You said a lot of what I am thinking and tried to talk about in a lot of threads the last year.

the unique self is not the character, it's the whole dance.

That summed it up pretty well for me. I dunno maybe at last we aint so much like the american culture. Tho both our cultures share the same problem that we both cant for different reasons call ourselves "a culture" because we think we lack that, after all there seems to be some culture in both of us.

And tho Jung and Freud were german, their theories would be always refused by the general mass of german people, cause noone would want to be analyzed so much as an individual but rather focusses to dance.

I think a lot of the theories by the two would have a much better ring, if they were phrased differently and put in context. If you tell a person that he is a Feeler and one he is a Thinker, first person will always think he sucks at thinking and second person will think he sucks at feeling. That does form your character if its told you for a long time. How would it be if you'd just say ones person focus are human things and the other persons focus are non-human things and I bet you could even phrase it better than that.

There is still a lot of work to be done. I dont think Jung and Freud are in vain, nor is mbti. But it needs refinement

G

Ginkgo

Did Meister Eckhart's ideas still have any hold on German culture when psychoanalysis was only a fledgling science?

C.G. Jung: "The more uncertain I have felt about myself, the more there has grown up in me a feeling of kinship with all things. In fact it seems to me as if that alienation which so long separated me from the world has become transferred into my own inner world and has revealed to me an unexpected unfamiliarity with myself." (Memories Dreams Reflections, page 361 in german edition)

"To the quiet mind all things are possible. What is a quiet mind? A quiet mind is one which nothing weighs on, nothing worries, which, free from ties and from all self-seeking, is wholly merged into the will of God and dead to its own." - M.E.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hard to answer for me, cause I always ignored history class. I got so tired of hearing about WWII that I at some point just shutdown :D.

I once read 'The Wolverine' by Hermann Hesse and it was one of the greatest books you can read at age 16. it basically describes the life of an intuitive person in a society, which way of life he rejects. Its not politically motivated, its more like the feeling every intuitor once has in his life, when he thinks 'man life is boring' or 'people care about things that are irrelevant, like fancy cars, fancy clothes' or 'people are just dumb, noone understands me'.

That guy in the book Harry Haller has a minor to major drug problem but he functions in society. Tho thats all he functions. When he meets another person in the floor to his apartment, he is polite, he chit-chats, he functions but he despises the way of living and he thinks its all artificial its a lie and its unreal.

The book has one main image, it presents the unreal and abstract world of Harry Haller as real, while presenting the real world as being unreal and artificial. its a marvellous piece of art, because it describes life how it is for an intuitor, the thing the most intuitors have problems with.

The relation to history I see is this: in that time you can basically call german nation 'Fe central'. There was one societal image you had to uphold or otherwise you didnt belong. The sad thing was and thats different to us nowadays, the same societal norms, rules and regulations applied for science, a thing that is normally objective and detached from any human made influence. That of course sheds a different light on psychology and if you have understood that, you can imagine how Freud and Jung came up with their theories. They wanted to prove that a human being is more than only the societal imago, that it has feelings, motivations, different ways to decide, to perceive and that people have personality different personalities and not just one societal personality.

In that time the theories were brilliant, we dont have that problem tho no more nowadays. Nowadays we have to find a way to manage all that different personalities to a happy society again. So this is a new task.