• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need evidence there's no heaven.

S

Sniffles

Karl Jaspers said that any God whose existence could be proven was no God.

I'd be interested in hearing about this. A few problems I see here is that the only real option in such a case is fideism, although assuming this is a god who even cares at all about human beings knowing him.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From a scientist's perspective here...
The scientific method won't help you to prove that there's no Heaven. There's no way to use tools to measure and quantify the existence of Heaven. Thus, because there is negative evidence, it is difficult to prove or disprove the existence of Heaven.

Lark

I'd be interested in hearing about this. A few problems I see here is that the only real option in such a case is fideism, although assuming this is a god who even cares at all about human beings knowing him.

To be honest I read the book in which that quote appears after typing that, it was a sort of teach yourself philosophy book considering the sources of philosophy etc.

Jaspers believed that the ultimate question in philosophy and for philosophy was God and whether or not God existed but he doesnt appear to have been into discussing metaphysics in the style of Kant or others.

Perhaps I had a bad translation but I always think that he reads as odd, sometimes brilliant, other times not so much, some times more like he's simplified for a common reader.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
There is no evidence that heaven does not exist

This does not demonstrate its existence

Nothing demonstrates its existence or nonexistence except in the workings of a human mind, a complex and poorly understood structure

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Heaven is the apotheosis of reward... every time you have to do something you don't want to do, you think about what's going to happen afterward, what awesome thing you're going to get after getting thru the horrible thing. So people got that idea about life in general, especially since life in the ancient / pre-historical times was even worse than it is today, materially. So some genius got the idea of heaven, or maybe multiple geniuses. It really is a great idea, kinda beautiful... the paradise that is always yet to come.

Kraska

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I need, supply please.

You will never find proofs because people here work with a logical mind. They belive that if God exists he must be proven.
They don't understand that God and Heaven is beyond logical mind.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
thought forms are your heaven and hell...a zillion and one heavens and hells are like zits. you make them, give them a belief, and it is created after you die. then you come back to continue the cycle of your death. but you arn't dead yet, so you wouldn't know heaven nor hell would you, only because it is from the head. and then you know heaven. because there are a zillion and one naturally.

you don't want evidence there is no heaven, you want evidence to go out of your mind, when you go out of your mind there is no heaven, nor hell, it is entirely of the mind and what is of the mind is an illusion. Hence heaven is an illusion of the mind, spirit knows better. But so convicing is the mind that the illusion of heaven traps you into its game. So when your in the matrix of that game, your spirit is tricked into thinking that is heaven. When it is of the mind and still an illusion.

Then you come back from the dead with amnesia thinking this is your heaven and hell on earth when it is neither but a mirror.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM&ob=av2e"]''[/YOUTUBE]

S

SingSmileShine

I think that it's all about your beliefs. Really, who is going to give you solid evidence proving or disproving Heaven? What matters is how you feel about it in your heart. Whether you believe it's where you go when you die, or whether you simply believe that Heaven is on Earth, or whatever you personally believe, what good will it do anyway? Is knowing that there is/isn't Heaven going to define your life? Explore the possibilities, and find a belief that works for you. Live life to its fullest, regardless of what will happen in the end. :)

Mole

Permabanned
A Self Fulfilling Prophecy

If we believe we will get 72 virgins in heaven if we wage jihad and commit mass murder for Allah, heaven becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Mole

Permabanned
In the latest attempt to get into heaven, the religion of peace has struck in Nigeria.

And interestingly, they have struck in a church, a catholic church.