User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Karl Jaspers said that any God whose existence could be proven was no God.
    I'd be interested in hearing about this. A few problems I see here is that the only real option in such a case is fideism, although assuming this is a god who even cares at all about human beings knowing him.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

From a scientist's perspective here...
    The scientific method won't help you to prove that there's no Heaven. There's no way to use tools to measure and quantify the existence of Heaven. Thus, because there is negative evidence, it is difficult to prove or disprove the existence of Heaven.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing about this. A few problems I see here is that the only real option in such a case is fideism, although assuming this is a god who even cares at all about human beings knowing him.
    To be honest I read the book in which that quote appears after typing that, it was a sort of teach yourself philosophy book considering the sources of philosophy etc.

Jaspers believed that the ultimate question in philosophy and for philosophy was God and whether or not God existed but he doesnt appear to have been into discussing metaphysics in the style of Kant or others.

Perhaps I had a bad translation but I always think that he reads as odd, sometimes brilliant, other times not so much, some times more like he's simplified for a common reader.

MBTI
    INTP

There is no evidence that heaven does not exist

This does not demonstrate its existence

Nothing demonstrates its existence or nonexistence except in the workings of a human mind, a complex and poorly understood structure

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Heaven is the apotheosis of reward... every time you have to do something you don't want to do, you think about what's going to happen afterward, what awesome thing you're going to get after getting thru the horrible thing. So people got that idea about life in general, especially since life in the ancient / pre-historical times was even worse than it is today, materially. So some genius got the idea of heaven, or maybe multiple geniuses. It really is a great idea, kinda beautiful... the paradise that is always yet to come.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    I need, supply please.
    You will never find proofs because people here work with a logical mind. They belive that if God exists he must be proven.
    They don't understand that God and Heaven is beyond logical mind.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

thought forms are your heaven and hell...a zillion and one heavens and hells are like zits. you make them, give them a belief, and it is created after you die. then you come back to continue the cycle of your death. but you arn't dead yet, so you wouldn't know heaven nor hell would you, only because it is from the head. and then you know heaven. because there are a zillion and one naturally.

you don't want evidence there is no heaven, you want evidence to go out of your mind, when you go out of your mind there is no heaven, nor hell, it is entirely of the mind and what is of the mind is an illusion. Hence heaven is an illusion of the mind, spirit knows better. But so convicing is the mind that the illusion of heaven traps you into its game. So when your in the matrix of that game, your spirit is tricked into thinking that is heaven. When it is of the mind and still an illusion.

Then you come back from the dead with amnesia thinking this is your heaven and hell on earth when it is neither but a mirror.

I have the evidence. For only $50 you can have a look at it.

MBTI
    yupp

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM&ob=av2e"]''[/YOUTUBE]
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I have the evidence. For only $50 you can have a look at it.

Bargain alert!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"