• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sufism- Islamic Mysticism

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
After testing, the Australian Federal Police told me it was fake anthrax spores in order to intimidate me.

Victor, with respect buddy, what on earth have your "fake anthrax spores" got to do with the OP?

And how do you test for "fake anthrax"? - surely you can only test for *real* anthrax. Maybe you can point us to the recipe?

Or better still show me the real recipe and I won't make the same mistake:cheese:

edel weiss

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've studied Sufism in college, and I must say that regardless of how it has been interpeted through the ages, it is fascinating. It involves coming closer to God and experiencing this during life.

And Sufi music is certainly one of my favourites. :)

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
And the Ten Commandments only prohibits "bearing false witness" -- i.e., telling a story about someone else's actions that you know isn't true, and possibly in a legal context.

The 9th commandment is couched in legal terms in order to draw one's attention to the more basic context--the pursuit of justice. One is to know and speak the truth in pursuit of justice. However, there are instances when one may be required to lie in pursuit of justice. A famous example involves a couple who live in Nazi Germany and they are hiding Jews in their attic. The Nazi's come to their door and ask them if they know if there are any Jews around. In this case, would telling the truth advance the cause of justice, or would lying?

Rasa

MBTI Type
INFP
Glad someone started this thread, I haven't had time to pursue my interest in learning about Sufism. What little I know about it is through Rumi poetry. Here's one:

Whoa! In this mob of I's inside,
which one is me?

Hear me out.
I know I'm wandering, but
don't start putting a lid on this racket.
No telling what I'll do then.

Every moment I'm thrown by
your story. One moment it's happy, and
I'm singing. One moment it's sad, and
I'm weeping. It turns bitter, and
I pull away.

But then you spill a little grace, and just like that,
I'm all light.

It's not so bad,
this arrangement,
actually.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Victor, with respect buddy, what on earth have your "fake anthrax spores" got to do with the OP?
hehe true. Plus Victor, how do you know if it was really the "Islamist" who actually sent the powder? Cant it be some silly teenagers having a prank?

Oh yeah I love sufi music too! It sends you in a trance. :)

Glad someone started this thread, I haven't had time to pursue my interest in learning about Sufism. What little I know about it is through Rumi poetry. Here's one:

Whoa! In this mob of I's inside,
which one is me?

Hear me out.
I know I'm wandering, but
don't start putting a lid on this racket.
No telling what I'll do then.

Every moment I'm thrown by
your story. One moment it's happy, and
I'm singing. One moment it's sad, and
I'm weeping. It turns bitter, and
I pull away.

But then you spill a little grace, and just like that,
I'm all light.

It's not so bad,
this arrangement,
actually.

Rasa, that was beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. :)

Mole

Permabanned
Our Constitution or Sharia Law

Victor, how do you know if it was really the "Islamist" who actually sent the powder? Cant it be some silly teenagers having a prank?

Because the Australian Federal Police have told me, that it is the same people who sent fake anthrax spores to the Israeli Embassy together with identical Islamist propaganda.

Also the propaganda is professionally produced, certainly not produced by silly teenagers.

Also this is a serious offence under the Crimes Act and if and when the perpetrators are caught, they will be brought before our independent Criminal Courts with the best Defence Australia can provide. And if they are found guilty, they will be sentenced to a long prison term.

Similar groups have been brought before our Criminal Courts, found guilty and sentenced. And the most interesting thing is that they show no remorse. And they make it very plain by their words and behaviour in Court, that they do not recognise the legitimacy of our Courts.

This is understandable as their stated aim is to replace our Constitution with Sharia. And so they regard our Constitution and so our Courts as illegitimate in the eyes of Allah.

And the Koran describes in some detail how to impose Sharia Law.

Victor.

edel weiss

MBTI Type
ENTP
While Sufism is a part of Islam, it signifies Islamic mysticism.
It ought to be differentiated from radical fundamentalist Islamic views, which is to do with imposing the Sharia law as Victor says.

I think Islam is the most misunderstood religion in the world. Extremists have taken it and spun it around to suit themselves and give themselves power, while imposing their own views on other Muslims through fatwas. They've messed up a lot of the religion with so many restrictions, particularly on women. And of course, the West is villifying the religion further.

From whatever I know, Islam is essentially not like that. It has just been misinterpreted.

S

sammy

For a long while, I believed myself to be a Sufi. I didn't find solace in following purely Sunnism or Shiitism. There needed to be that spiritual element to solidify my faith in the religion or else I didn't think there was any reason why I should keep myself from practicing other mainline religions which hold One True God as its main pillar --why pick Islam over all others if not for that Sufi element.

There's no easy way to put it, because this is based on my own standards for what I choose to believe in and practice, but if there isn't a good mixture of spirituality and practicalness to a religion, I have a difficult time believing. I do think that Islam has given me that balance I seek.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Because the Australian Federal Police have told me, that it is the same people who sent fake anthrax spores to the Israeli Embassy together with identical Islamist propaganda.

Also the propaganda is professionally produced, certainly not produced by silly teenagers.

Also this is a serious offence under the Crimes Act and if and when the perpetrators are caught, they will be brought before our independent Criminal Courts with the best Defence Australia can provide. And if they are found guilty, they will be sentenced to a long prison term.

Similar groups have been brought before our Criminal Courts, found guilty and sentenced. And the most interesting thing is that they show no remorse. And they make it very plain by their words and behaviour in Court, that they do not recognise the legitimacy of our Courts.

This is understandable as their stated aim is to replace our Constitution with Sharia. And so they regard our Constitution and so our Courts as illegitimate in the eyes of Allah.

And the Koran describes in some detail how to impose Sharia Law.

Victor.

Ok Victor, sorry man but I think you need to take a chill pill!! :chillpill:
I think you have too much Islamophobia.
Relax.
Maybe try going to Malaysia or something...its normal there. And guess what, the muslims there DONT kill the so called infidel westerners!
I been there...its kool. :)