• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A : Can we actualize?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"We are constantly actualizing, growing throughout crises, being pushed to the limit and finding hidden reservoirs of strength. We need change to endure, without change we can fall to stagnation, one need to keep the moral compass. In this way there is the possibility to weather the storm, grow and mature with fresh insight.

I think it can be thought of like our turtles crawling to the sea. It’s the phenomenon of a self-actualization. We strive and we grow, ever on toward new discoveries, new knowledge, a deeper and truer love of life incarnate. This is to say every human, understanding instead using judging, to subconsciously project our demons onto other people.

A path called actualizing is the journey of our life-time. We constantly grow if there is in us the desire of the truth and actualize. It is our compass. Difficulties will arise but there can be in us a spirit of prevailing, resiliency as well some faith and belief of our potential. There is that which is within us that is of incomparable beauty.

We each have it, a connection to the divine. Call it soul, spirit, or human consciousness. There is that which is within us that is called the seed of life. Each of us has in our genetic programming to thrive for the most part.This is not the case in unfortunate genetic deficiencies but even these people can actualize to the best of their abilities.

Did anyone see the movie Ray Charles? Well his mother pushed him and made him believe in himself. This was support, guidance & belief in the child. How many parents focus on all the mistakes of a child and do not acknowledge the successes? A path called actualizing is the journey of our life-time. We constantly grow if there is in us the desire of the truth and actualize. It is our compass. Difficulties will arise but there can be in us a spirit of prevailing, resiliency as well some faith and belief of our potential.

One has to search one's heart. The inner heart will give you the answers. It is one foot of the other. Who knows where destinies lay are. In addition, we will meet new individuals on our path and they shall help to be a guide on our path. If we are lucky, we receive truths both about ourselves as well as about the universe we happen to live in by the gifts of insight. It will be a battle on many fronts.

People with passion and ideas shall march forward. It is a matter of organization as well as perseverance and sticking up for our principles. We must grow onward. We never look backwards but always forward into a bright future of the possible. The view of the human person who is wise consistently changes from say 18, 25, early thirties and beyond. I say I will learn until my last dying breathes.

Provided I am cognizant of course. It is a journey. We continually grow and expand. We can never learn or know too much. He who is on a path realizes the more they know, the more ignorant they realize they truly are. One who gets secure in his or her own position is not challenged, and that is a shame. For that is when growth stands still and one stagnates in their own moral self-righteousness.

We as a human species seem to have a built in mechanism to "actualize “our self. That is to be the best that we can be at whatever our "gift" is, or special talent. The trick is to find that "hidden seed", that special uniqueness about our self. The next hurdle is get past lesser distractions that can impede our growth.

These distractions are anything in life that occupies a lot of our time but is not an activity where one achieves "a state of FLOW". A state of flow is felt as "timelessness", and is a bit of "heaven" on earth.

A. When we die do we just die and that's it? In other words we can't further ourselves?
B. Do we get a chance and is it possible to actually achieve a form of self-actualization here on Earth, and grow & evolve, but that's still it! We die and that's it.
C. We can actualize and attain nirvana & transcend to a higher self here on this planet. We can thus achieve a state of enlightenment and become masters. We can achieve this state and when we die we move on to the next level.
D. We can move on while still in this lifetime. We can transcend and leave our bodies behind willingly and be cognizant about it. More so we do it under our own power.
E. We are so good that God lifts us up into heaven while still alive.
F. God comes down and there is heaven on earth and we are immortal here.
G. We are immortal in a heaven.
H. We reincarnate but do not retain our original identities or experiences.

Here is something else to ponder. In developing as a child one must learn to have an ego and develop a sense of self identity in addition to self-esteem in the world in which we live in. As an adult, on the path, or I should say a path, for there are many paths to the top of the mountain, we must learn to let go of our ego's and transcend both it as well as our fears.

We must learn to let go of defensiveness and listen with an open heart, to be receptive, warm and open. We need to learn transparency and openness in order to heal.
‎I think it can be thought of like our turtles crawling to the sea. It’s the phenomenon of a self-actualization. We strive and we grow, ever on toward new discoveries, new knowledge, a deeper and truer love of life incarnate.

This is to say every human, understanding instead using judging, to subconsciously project our demons onto the individual. If a person on the path is very dissimilar, then we don't fight them, and try to neither change and mold or clone them into a carbon GOP replica of ourselves, nor force them unto our journey.

We are all unique individuals. If possible, we let them go on their way. They must learn life experiences. We let them go on their way and predestined chosen path.
We must concentrate and remain true to our path and learn the lessons of life to be imparted to us.

We will meet others of similar mind sent to inspire us, as well as perceived adversaries that only make us stronger. Be positive yet realistic, the eternal optimist. Be true to yourself and your own special higher calling.

Romana wrote, “We will never become perfect, but in the attempt, we will become our best selves.”
Peaceweaver wrote, “I am an idealist but I live by this code. I do not know a self-actualized person, but I know individuals who motivate and inspire me to do more and to do my best. We need each other to be the best as well as the worst that is possible within us. I choose, best. It is a road less taken but is a very worthwhile journey indeed. I hope to prove worthy.

More I hope to be true to myself on my journey, to never lose faith in myself. But realize that all the gifts laden in me are there for a reason. That is to share these gifts with others, as they share their gifts with me. All this so that I may complete my journey, if such a thing is even possible. I hope to be cognizant of my abilities and continue learning to my last breath.

I believe it goes back to what happens to be the primitive part of the brain. This is emotion. Somehow as a mindset we need to grapple with ourselves and enforce discipline on our minds. This is if we have any hope of achieving a self-actualized state and attain enlightenment in our life time. A, as Confucius would say attaining the higher road.

What is it to transcend and be above the cares and worries of mortal men? One could say that is not to be human! What if one could transcend to such a level and still be very human as well as understanding? Would we listen to this person's wisdom? No, because we all have to swim and cross the river of adversity that is called life, to learn its valuable lessons first hand.” LightSun

Last edited by a moderator:

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Abraham Maslow spent his lifetime as a humanistic psychologist studying healthy persons who
had self-actualized potential. He identified the characteristics of persons who had fulfilled
their potential so that we could understand the process of self-actualization. Humanistic
psychologists focused on mental health, personal growth and self-development.

MASLOW'S HEIRARCHY OF NEEDS:
Maslow believed that self-actualization was a need, the highest need in a hierarchy of human
needs. Self-actualization needs are metaneeds or growth oriented needs including uniqueness,
aliveness, playfulness, truth, beauty, perfection, creativity, joy, and goodness. However these growths oriented metaneeds cannot be satisfied until lower needs are satisfied.

The lowest most animalistic needs are physiological needs for food, water and physical satisfaction. The next level in Maslow's hierarchy of needs contains our needs for safety and security that must be satisfied before we can focus on higher levels. Threats to one's safety or security can trigger fear and animalistic responses of aggression.

Imagined fears in places such as dark alleys can also motivate primitive escape responses.
The third level of Maslow's hierarchy includes needs we feel for love and belongingness, human
affection and friendships that give psychological security and a feeling of connectedness and
worth.

The fourth level includes ego-esteem needs, our needs for status, recognition, respect
and admiration from others. To feel self-pride and self-esteem we try to achieve prestige, status
and influence over others. The four levels of basic needs-physiological, safety, love, self-esteem-are deficiency needs. Metaneeds, growth oriented striving, cannot be actualized until the deficiency needs are satisfied.

Maslow believed that the fulfillment of growth oriented self-actualization needs were crucial to
psychological health and wellbeing. When our metaneeds are not fulfilled we may become
alienated, hostile, depressed, cynical, manipulative and maladjusted. The key to psychological
health was satisfaction of lower needs so that one could self-actualize potential and fulfill
the self. As Maslow stated, "What a man can be, he must be."