• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Victor's thoughts on makeup

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread is further proof (if it were needed), that Fe users and Fi users should under no circumstances try to communicate with each other.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, do a search on Victor and the word "mother".

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think he's saying that: If you don't understand Victor's metaphorical language, then how do you believe you have an overall understanding of his ideas concerning his mother complex, since you might have to understand his metaphorical language in order to obtain that. You could be making the assumption that you understand his mother complex, and comment on it as if you do, when you might not, because you don't understand his metaphorical language, and therefore, haven't read it in order to gain a deeper understanding.

G

Ginkgo

I think he's saying that: If you don't understand Victor's metaphorical language, then how do you believe you have an overall understanding of his ideas concerning his mother complex, since you might have to understand his metaphorical language in order to obtain that. You could be making the assumption that you understand his mother complex, and comment on it as if you do, when you might not, because you don't understand his metaphorical language, and therefore, haven't read it in order to gain a deeper understanding.

Thanks. You got it.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I understand metaphorical language. *sigh* I am certified to teach high school English. I graduated with honors and way more credits than I needed. I went to school on and off for a decade, taking composition, rhetoric, linguistics, poetry, literature, etc. How many times do I have to say I understand what Victor is saying? I can even tell you what books he got most of his ideas from. He's extremely influenced by Marshall McLuhan and he's been to a lot of group therapy and very likely substance abuse rehab. I estimate his age at to be between 60 and 65, judging from the books and influences he reflects. I went back and pulled up all his posts and started to index them for you by author because I know from the ideas he echoes, but it's exhausting and I need to get paid if I'm going to do all that. Besides, it won't make any difference.

MacGuffin hits the nail on the head -- Do a search on Victor's posts and the word "mother." If you're going to argue, at least start from a fact!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is further proof (if it were needed), that Fe users and Fi users should under no circumstances try to communicate with each other.

(Punches [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] in the stomach.) (Slaps [MENTION=3]MacGuffin[/MENTION] in the face.) (and an UPPERCUT for [MENTION=2701]Tallulah[/MENTION]. And a headlock for [MENTION=4109]entropie[/MENTION] ) !!!!!!!! That's what you guys get for your OPINIONS ON VICTOR! REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY ARE GOOD OR BAD. OR THE POSITIONING OF YOUR FE! You people are just impossible to communicate with!!!!

(Leaves room.)

Edit: (Walks back in.) Just kidding, hugs all around.

::

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can even tell you what books he got most of his ideas from. He's extremely influenced by Marshall McLuhan and he's been to a lot of group therapy and very likely substance abuse rehab. I estimate his age at to be between 60 and 65, judging from the books and influences he reflects. I went back and pulled up all his posts and started to index them for you by author because I know from the ideas he echoes, but it's exhausting and I need to get paid if I'm going to do all that. Besides, it won't make any difference.

TY, I'm gonna check this out. I knew he got his ideas from somewhere, but I'm not a big reader. Can you name a few more authors for me to check out, that he is getting his ideas from?

Why do you think he's been to group therapy and substance abuse rehab?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MacGuffin hits the nail on the head -- Do a search on Victor's posts and the word "mother." If you're going to argue, at least start from a fact!

I guess you just confirmed this then:

An offense is one part content, 2 parts author.

I recommend you do a search on MacGuffin if your interests run to discrediting people rather than ideas.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION]:

awkwardconversation11.png

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The example that most immediately comes to mind is if the conversation is about privacy, secrets, how much to disclose, he immediately jumps straight up with the party line: Your secrets are your sickness. Have a Google of "AA secrets sickness." It's textbook. A lot of his statements are this kind of ... platitude, for want of a better word -- aphorism, maybe.

Just Google "The medium is the message." Search Victor's posts for "the medium is the message."

(I'm familiar with the therapy-speak stuff because I worked in a mental institution doing medical records transcription for several years while I was going to school, and filled in for the receptionists sometimes when they wanted a holiday off. There were a lot of people coming and going to AA type meetings.)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Salome, for what it's worth, I don't often disagree with you...

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The example that most immediately comes to mind is if the conversation is about privacy, secrets, how much to disclose, he immediately jumps straight up with the party line: Your secrets are your sickness. Have a Google of "AA secrets sickness." It's textbook. A lot of his statements are this kind of ... platitude, for want of a better word -- aphorism, maybe.

Just Google "The medium is the message." Search Victor's posts for "the medium is the message."

(I'm familiar with the therapy-speak stuff because I worked in a mental institution doing medical records transcription for several years while I was going to school, and filled in for the receptionists sometimes when they wanted a holiday off. There were a lot of people coming and going to AA type meetings.)

TY. :) I've read some AA propaganda, but not much.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe Victor is an invention of the mods to keep us all on our toes...

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Would I let my 4 year old daughter get inside Victor's rusted VW van alone with him? Probably not. But assuming he's some chronic mental health/AA patient? My god. These speculations are just getting ridiculous. And specific books he's read? Is it unfathomable for people to have ideas of their own? :dont:

It's like two people who invent something independently - only the guy who makes it known first will be deemed original, even though in truth, their concepts were both original.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Gosh, @Salome is cranky today. Wait...she's always cranky...