• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Victor's thoughts on makeup

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My point is, it's nobody's business who wears makeup or why they wear it. Inevitably, as soon as there is a thread with people enthusiastically sharing brand names and techniques about makeup, there will be a male who starts a thread about women embellishing themselves and how they should not, how it implies wanting to hide, blah blah. Women don't necessarily wear makeup to gain male approval. For people who are into makeup, it is an art form and a form of self expression; so are tattoos (I don't have any, but I don't assume anything about the character of someone who does). Of course I'm beautiful as I am. I already am my ideal self. And part of my ideal self includes liking to paint. This is not even just female -- many makeup artists are male -- they choose the face as the canvas -- the art is not necessarily representational.

Victor, didn't you mention that you wear lavender shoes? Why do you choose to wear lavender shoes? (or was it pants, I can't remember). Is this because you think the color will take you from your ideal self to your blah blah blah repressionist bullshit, or just because you enjoy the color?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
C'mon, I did not write, "Victor's Thoughts on Makeup". These words were written by a moderator in a misguided attempt to shield the members from controversy.

Let's face reality. Many here are threatened by controversy and rather than deal with the controversy, they attack the person. This is called group bullying and it is endemic here.

Hmmm.. Sorry, I'm not making any sense of any of this. A mod titled the thread, and also the post?? Anyway, that's not important.. actually, none of this is important. This whole branch of conversation stems from your reaction to me partially disagreeing with you.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you trying to say you have no beef with anyone? XD

and I see what Victor meant in what he just said . . . People often hate the messenger when really it's the message itself that upsets them. That's what should be adressed instead of making things personal.

Well, there's more than humble and proud. I do have beef with proud people who want to steal my Air Jordans, for instance, it has nothing to do with their proudness.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Victor came into a thread of people very happily sharing makeup tips and talking about where and how to wear yellow eyeshadow with this discussion. A mod very kindly lifted it out of the thread he was trying to derail and gave it its own space. If Victor would stop trying to derail people's threads, he would find himself less "bullied."

P.S. Victor, let's do discuss your controversy because God forbid any controvery go unexplored. Your statement is "the imposition of beauty from the outside is an imposture." Did you mean "impostor"?

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
It's OK now. Just skip the advertisement.

:D so funny. can't take it.

[MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] : Well i mean he probably felt strongly about it.
And I get what you are saying. sometimes it's like that but other times it's not. I mean, the influences of gender have been with us all our lives and we don't know what a world would be like with out the stereotypes so it's impossible to know how much of it is us being indocrintated if you will, or whether it's out of our sheer desire to express ourselves. edit: I'm sure most often it is a combination, almost like a spectrum with some girls falling heavier on one end or the other, the opposite ends of the spectrum being one end doing it to please only yourself the other doing it to only please others but obviously the truth is somewhere in between. When we've had all these different influences it's kind of hard, pretty much impossible to know for sure though what our real motivation is. While I'm with you, sometimes when I wear make up it feels like a form of expression, just because I want to, but also sometimes it's because it's expected like when I went to prom, or cause I want to look pretty for someone. Anyway, I do kind of agree that's it's personal though.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] Ahh.. okay, I should've guessed.

Mole

Permabanned
Mimicked Arousal

My point is, it's nobody's business who wears makeup or why they wear it. Inevitably, as soon as there is a thread with people enthusiastically sharing brand names and techniques about makeup, there will be a male who starts a thread about women embellishing themselves and how they should not, how it implies wanting to hide, blah blah. Women don't necessarily wear makeup to gain male approval. For people who are into makeup, it is an art form and a form of self expression; so are tattoos (I don't have any, but I don't assume anything about the character of someone who does). Of course I'm beautiful as I am. I already am my ideal self. And part of my ideal self includes liking to paint. This is not even just female -- many makeup artists are male -- they choose the face as the canvas -- the art is not necessarily representational.

Victor, didn't you mention that you wear lavender shoes? Why do you choose to wear lavender shoes? (or was it pants, I can't remember). Is this because you think the color will take you from your ideal self to your blah blah blah repressionist bullshit, or just because you enjoy the color?

Please! When a woman becomes genuinely aroused her eyelids become engorged and turn purple, here cheeks become flushed and turn pink, and her lips become engorged and turn red.

So to mimic arousal women wear purple eyelid makeup, and rouge to colour the cheeks pink, and lipstick to colour the lips red.

The purpose of mimicking arousal is to arouse the male. For when the male is aroused, he can't think straight and is susceptible to manipulation and suggestion by a woman who is not aroused, but only mimicking arousal, and so can think straight, and so has the advantage over the male.

All is fair, they tell me, in love and war.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's face reality. Many here are threatened by controversy and rather than deal with the controversy, they attack the person. This is called group bullying and it is endemic here.

No, actually YOU are the one missing the point yet again.

People were having a discussion about one topic ("How to apply and use makeup"); but you tried again to twist it into some completely different thread ("The ethical/social nature of makeup") and then accuse people of bullying you when the participants react poorly to your disruption. This pattern of behavior has been ongoing for at least two years now; it just gets very old. You might as well be the guy who always has to talk about his RPG characters no matter what the topic of conversation happens to be, and derails every conversation just in order to get back to discussing his characters.

Your topic is not invalid, and it's worth discussing; but out of respect for people already having a conversation, you could simply choose to start your own thread elsewhere on YOUR particular angle of the topic, since they are really different discussions. Then people who want to participate with you can do so, and the other discussion can continue without being disrupted. You shouldn't consistently need the mods' help in order to set up your own thread and discussion ideas, and it should be easy to respect other people's discussions by not commandeering them consistently. I have trouble believing you're not aware of the social nuances here.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You stated an all encompassing opinion titled "Victor's Thoughts on Makeup" written and produced by Victor, with honorable mention to Victor. You *are* the ball by no fault of mine.

My bad, it seemed like an appropriate title when I moved it from the original thread (where it was very much off topic). I probably should have added a comment that it was a moved thread.

C'mon, I did not write, "Victor's Thoughts on Makeup". These words were written by a moderator in a misguided attempt to shield the members from controversy.

Well, this part is horseshit. But again, my bad.

Mole

Permabanned
No, actually YOU are the one missing the point yet again.

It seems making me the issue is irresistible.

And the purpose of making me the issue is to make me defend myself.

This is very sad because it is group bullying and I ask you to stop.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Please! When a woman becomes genuinely aroused her eyelids become engorged and turn purple, here cheeks become flushed and turn pink, and her lips become engorged and turn red.

So to mimic arousal women wear purple eyelid makeup, and rouge to colour the cheeks pink, and lipstick to colour the lips red.

The purpose of mimicking arousal is to arouse the male. For when the male is aroused, he can't think straight and is susceptible to manipulation and suggestion by a woman who is not aroused, but only mimicking arousal, and so can think straight, and so has the advantage over the male.

All is fair, they tell me, in love and war.

Maybe appearing aroused is where make up has it's origins but wearing it to turn on men is not always the sole reason women wear make up. Sometimes it's completely irrelevant and they are wear it just because THEY think it looks good and aren't especially concerned with what others think.
I mean very yong girls like to play with make up and it's not cause they are trying to turn people on.

Mole

Permabanned
Maybe appearing aroused is where make up had it's origins but wearing it to turn on men is not the sole reason women wear make up. Sometimes it's completely irrelevant and they are soley wearing it because THEY think it looks good and aren't especially concerned with what others think.

Yes, women are unconscious of why they wear makeup. In fact we only have to read below to see women have all kinds of flattering rationalisations as to why they wear makeup.

And mimicking arousal to fool the male is not only not very flattering, but it must also be kept a secret from the male, lest he become angry at being manipulated.

It's plain here that women not only want and need to hide the truth, they want to hide it from themselves.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Victor, we were discussing canary yellow eyeshadow when you waltzed in with your wet blanket. Explain to me please how bright, highly saturated YELLOW mimicks engorged sexual organs and renders the male senseless with desire.

And p.s., your misogyny is frightening. Not only am I fake, with questionable intentions, because I wear makeup, but I'm also feeble minded and can't take the truth. Who is bullying whom??

Lord Guess

MBTI Type
ENTP
People like to look good. That is why makeup exists. Does this mean that people should not attempt to look their best? What if looking your best is simply because you want to express yourself through your clothes, hairstyle and makeup, not because of a pathological feeling that you are somehow inadequate?

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, we were discussing canary yellow eyeshadow when you waltzed in with your wet blanket. Explain to me please how bright, highly saturated YELLOW mimicks engorged sexual organs and renders the male senseless with desire.

And p.s., your misogyny is frightening. Not only am I fake, with questionable intentions, because I wear makeup, but I'm also feeble minded and can't take the truth. Who is bullying whom??

It's true, both male and female become senseless with desire. For when we become aroused our critical faculties tend to go to sleep, and we only think of satisfying our desire.

So if one person can induce arousal in the other without being aroused themselves, it gives them a tremendous advantage.

And consider, women bear the disadvantages of arousal with pregnancy. And also desire varies in women along with the menstrual cycle. And so naturally women redress these disadvantage with mimicry. And it works.

Of course this discourse looses all the soft focus of romance, but gains the hard edge of reality.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wear make-up to manipulate men people. It's fucking awesome.

Also, I love a good show, and make-up is all about putting on a show.