• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Victor's thoughts on makeup

Mole

Permabanned
Our actual self, plus a brand, gives us our ideal self.

So brands serve the purpose of mediating between our real self and our ideal self.

So brands diss our real self and valorise our ideal self.

So brands poison us at our very core, and impose from the outside a phoney ideal self.

It's true, and we all know it, that beauty comes from within. And we know that the imposition of beauty from the outside is an imposture.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's sort of low key trolling, there, Victor.

We also all know that some people love makeup and to play with colors and paint their faces.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I do not think the issue means what you think it means." -- Inigo Montoya

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
I agree with you Victor!
or at least see where you are coming from.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that beauty comes from expression. A woman putting on makeup is just another form of expression, if her intentions are mask herself, then OP is right, if it is to express herself then Victor is wrong.

Mole

Permabanned
Brands and Secular Religion

Of course it is not just make-up, we are affected at our deepest levels by brands, for brands tell us that they can take us from our real self to our ideal self. In fact brands are a form of secular religion.

But notice, no matter how many brands we buy we never reach our ideal self, and of course they tell us the only solution is to buy more brands.

And although they are selling us brands, we are the ones who are branded. Our psyches are branded. We are like cattle with a brand on our rump. And in fact some of us even put a tramp stamp, a tattoo, on our rump just to show how docile we are.

Mole

Permabanned
The Same Compliment

Victor is wrong.

Why not play the ball not the man?

I would no more think of saying, Qlip is wrong, than I would think I could fly. Why not pay me the same compliment, dear Qlip?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you say this to painters who like to paint and like to share their enjoyment of painting with other painters, and their techniques, and favorite colors, and sources or brands for colors? Do you tell them they can never reach their goal of creating perfect beauty? Are they also suffering some intellectual impairment or spiritual deficiency? Or does this only apply to women painting their faces? Or only women with tattoos? If a woman has a tattoo on her rump, it means she's docile? What are you talking about?? What if my real self is a thing that likes to paint its face? Who is anyone else to put a judgment on it?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why not play the ball not the man?

I would no more think of saying, Qlip is wrong, than I would think I could fly. Why not pay me the same compliment, dear Qlip?

You stated an all encompassing opinion titled "Victor's Thoughts on Makeup" written and produced by Victor, with honorable mention to Victor. You *are* the ball by no fault of mine.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for brands tell us that they can take us from our real self to our ideal self.

IDK, I don't consider brands as taking me from my real self to my ideal self, regardless of what they are trying to tell me. I think some people do, but not all. Some of us at least try to remain grounded in reality. I tend to use brands to choose products that will offer quality and security. I think some types are more likely to buy certain brands because the commercials made them feel good, or it's part of the image they want to project, but not me.

I will buy quality clothing and makeup that reflects my sense of style and taste, usually at a value, but I don't do this on the notion that it has anything to do with creating an ideal self. I just enjoy it, and I think it makes me look better. Clothing and makeup can be valuable assets to an sx lol......

I think brands were created to sell products, of course, but I don't think everyone buys the idea that a brand defines or changes the person, more that the branded products are a reflection of their tastes. When I go into a store looking for a cute black top, for instance, I will buy what I like, regardless of brand. Some brands just happen to fit the bill more often than others.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Do you say this to painters who like to paint and like to share their enjoyment of painting with other painters, and their techniques, and favorite colors, and sources or brands for colors? Do you tell them they can never reach their goal of creating perfect beauty? Are they also suffering some intellectual impairment or spiritual deficiency? Or does this only apply to women painting their faces? Or only women with tattoos? If a woman has a tattoo on her rump, it means she's docile? What are you talking about?? What if my real self is a thing that likes to paint its face? Who is anyone else to put a judgment on it?

I see where you are coming from . . . I think Qlip summed it up best:

"I think that beauty comes from expression. A woman putting on makeup is just another form of expression, if her intentions are mask herself, then OP is right, if it is to express herself then Victor is wrong."

paraphrased: if a women is putting on make up as a form of expression that can be beautiful but if they are wearing it like a mask then it's ugly.

I think Victor was just trying to say that you are beautiful naturally as you are, should accept yourself and should be happy being you with out the feeling the need to use make up . . . in a constraining sense . . . to look like someone else because you yourself are beautiful.

[MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] : I think that's just cause he's a bit formal and specific, not cause he's proud.

[MENTION=13653]ICUP[/MENTION] : That quote made me think of advertising. I think there's a lot of truth to it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] : I think that's just cause he's a bit formal and specific, not cause he's proud.

No worries. I have no beef with proud people, or humble people.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
No worries. I have no beef with proud people, or humble people.

Are you trying to say you have no beef with anyone? XD

and I see what Victor meant in what he just said . . . People often hate the messenger when really it's the message itself that upsets them. That's what should be adressed instead of making things personal.

Mole

Permabanned
You stated an all encompassing opinion titled "Victor's Thoughts on Makeup" written and produced by Victor, with honorable mention to Victor. You *are* the ball by no fault of mine.

C'mon, I did not write, "Victor's Thoughts on Makeup". These words were written by a moderator in a misguided attempt to shield the members from controversy.

Let's face reality. Many here are threatened by controversy and rather than deal with the controversy, they attack the person. This is called group bullying and it is endemic here.