User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 509

  1. #41
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    You don't think men study to induce arousal in women?

    The disadvantage of arousal is pregnancy?

  2. #42
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, women are unconscious of why they wear makeup. In fact we only have to read below to see women have all kinds of flattering rationalisations as to why they wear makeup.

    And mimicking arousal to fool the male is not only not very flattering, but it must also be kept a secret from the male, lest he become angry at being manipulated.

    It's plain here that women not only want and need to hide the truth, they want to hide it from themselves.
    I think that's unfair. I definitely don't wear makeup in order to fool anyone. I can fool people without using makeup, tyvm.

    I think alot of people wear makeup just because they think it's the thing to do, it makes them look better, or think they are supposed to. I don't think alot of people go much deeper than that.....In other words, I don't think alot of women know where makeup originated from, or why. In fact, I don't think I know the why's......tbth.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  3. #43
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Also, I love a good show, and make-up is all about putting on a show.
    I'm with you dear Marmie, I like to put on a show. So sometimes, on Sunday morning, at the Famers' Market I get the kids' makeup artist to put makeup on my face.

    It does get me more attention, and it gives me the role of a clown (and by the way, my clown name is Minsky). The makeup allows me to do all the silly things I think of but am usually too sensible to do.

    Would you care to stroll through the Farmers' Market with Minsky on Sunday morning, dear Marmie? How would you feel?

  4. #44
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I'm with you dear Marmie, I like to put on a show. So sometimes, on Sunday morning, at the Famers' Market I get the kids' makeup artist to put makeup on my face.

    It does get me more attention, and it gives me the role of a clown (and by the way, my clown name is Minsky). The makeup allows me to do all the silly things I think of but am usually too sensible to do.

    Would you care to stroll through the Farmers' Market with Minsky on Sunday morning, dear Marmie? How would you feel?
    That sounds like fun, and I do agree it can give one the confidence to do things one wouldn't normally do...that is another reason why women wear make-up that you may not be thinking of, is that they do it out of a sense of insecurity, and it makes them feel more socially secure.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    It's ok, Victor. You can wear makeup, too. Be sure to let us know your favorite brands. We won't even accuse you of being a fake-ass manipulating mantrap, either.

  6. #46

    Default

    Victor, your ideas are not controversial, and they are not the reason for your perceived bullying. What? Makeup is a facade of some sort? Don't let that opinion out, the public isn't ready for it!!!1!

    Instead, it is your tone, your attitude, and your manner that cause people to, as you say, "play the man instead of the ball". I think you'll find that others could talk about the same subjects without causing annoyance. You'll say that this is because you are bullied and they are not. Instead, it is because one often gets hit when one consistently pokes another with a stick.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  7. #47
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    For crying out loud, everyone, he's talking about personae. In other words, our MBTI types are not representatives of our actual selves, but brands of persona makeup that we wear in order to induce reactions from others, our motivations for which we're not even aware of most of the time.

    I happen to agree with him. Many, if not most of us are here because we want to find the perfect persona, that perfect brand of makeup, that will make others finally love and respect us, rather than face the cruel reality that we don't exactly love our true selves, and further more, believe that our true selves are utterly unlovable.

  8. #48
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    I'm quite fond of looking like a hooker.

  9. #49
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Smile Coming home to our true self

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    we don't exactly love our true selves, and further more, believe that our true selves are utterly unlovable.
    This is tragically true. But is far too painful to face. So we will say anything, believe anything, rather than move through the pain of knowing we are utterly unlovable, and then onto our deep and true self, who with open arms, and perhaps with a tear in the eye, will welcome us home.

  10. #50
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    pain of knowing we are utterly unlovable
    And the pain of knowing that we are utterly alone.

    And just like the first time we experienced excruciating pain, we find freedom on the other side by refusing to give up on ourselves

Similar Threads

  1. The Emerging Church - Thoughts on Postmodern Christianity
    By Apollonian in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 09:23 AM
  2. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM
  3. Thoughts on Hybrid MBTI/Keirsey Types?
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
  4. My thoughts on the I phone
    By Opivy1980 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO