User Tag List

First 384647484950 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I enjoy flourishes, but I dislike hyperbole.
    Understood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Also, yeah, I admit I'm kinda naive.
    I wasn't thinking that, honestly. Some people are able to retain a certain quality, regardless of what life throws at them. But if you insist....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    You are referring to this statement:
    He's extremely influenced by Marshall McLuhan and he's been to a lot of group therapy and very likely substance abuse rehab.

There is no question that he's extremely influenced by Marshall McLuhan.
    http://marshallmcluhanspeaks.com/sayings/

I should have said "I believe" or some other such modifier that he has been to group therapy and/or substance abuse rehab. He uses that vocabulary and is very attached to certain ideas phrased in certain ways.

I don't think anything wrong at all if someone has been to AA or group therapy. It was not my intent to say anything bad about him in that respect. I forget there's still stigma attached. What I wanted to say was, he is not an original genius. I can see where he gets many of his ideas. They are not original and don't reflect genius. That's not to say they are not worthy.

Ok, I'm sick of qualifying everything. Use your own judgment and I don't care anymore.

^ *childish*
    My experience of Victor is someone who jumps up shouting slogans in the middle of an unrelated conversation. It won't sound like that to you if you haven't been exposed to the slogans, but I have, so I can tell you, it's not genius. He's well-versed in certain areas and he's repeating those ideas. He's extremely attached to those ideas above any other ideas. They don't appear to me as genius because I know where he got them.

Are ya with me now?

P.S. I never said anything ever about "sex offender." I don't know where you're getting that, but please don't attribute it to me! or show me where I said whatever led you to believe I think that.
    That's exactly how I took your first post; I think the Fe/Fi thing might be accounting for the difference in interpretation here, rather than a lack of clarity. I forget there's a stigma attached to all that stuff, too, since I've experienced depression and anxiety and attach no negative judgments to therapy.

The sex offender idea came from mrcockburn's post, when she said she might not let her child ride in a van with Victor, but she wouldn't have said he had been an alcoholic or implied he had a mental disorder. I know she didn't literally mean she thought Victor was a pedophile, but the way that sentence came out, I'd agree with MacGuffin's assessment. I think saying you wouldn't trust your kid with him is far worse than saying he's probably been to AA. This is why I think there's some weird translation issue here.

EDIT: Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Would I let my 4 year old daughter get inside Victor's rusted VW van alone with him? Probably not. But assuming he's some chronic mental health/AA patient? My god. These speculations are just getting ridiculous. And specific books he's read? Is it unfathomable for people to have ideas of their own?

It's like two people who invent something independently - only the guy who makes it known first will be deemed original, even though in truth, their concepts were both original.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Thanks, Tallulah. I really appreciate it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

That's mr.cockburn for ya' .... hahaha

ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Angry Group bullying, day after day, for 48 pages

I find it quite extraordinary that I remain the issue here, day after day, for 48 pages.

My character has been assassinaterd in the worst possible ways.

The sheer spite that has been directed at me is like a tsunami, and all without the moderators lifing a finger to stop it.

Normally victims of group bullying don't fight back, because fighting back only makes it worse. And also victims don't fight back because those in authority turn a blind eye.

And we have now substantial evidence that group bullying is immediately painful and does long term emotional damage.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    That's mr.cockburn for ya' .... hahaha

yeah, ate my foot again. But as anyone with a hair of sense knows, I'm not exactly known for tact.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I find it quite extraordinary that I remain the issue here, day after day, for 48 pages.

My character has been assassinaterd in the worst possible ways.

The sheer spite that has been directed at me is like a tsunami, and all without the moderators lifing a finger to stop it.

Normally victims of group bullying don't fight back, because fighting back only makes it worse. And also victims don't fight back because those in authority turn a blind eye.

And we have now substantial evidence that group bullying is immediately painful and does long term emotional damage.
    You go, Victor.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Glycerine

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2KNwcPRjqU"][/YOUTUBE]

I can see Victor's point but I also see why others would be taken aback by it.

Make up can used as an art form or it can help sexualize one's image.

Libel

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Has anyone just come out and asked Victor what his deal is? What his life story is, how old he is, where he picked up his style and what he's trying to accomplish here?
    The very purpose of sustained and vicious group bullying is to intimidate the victim and shut the victim up.

And the vicious and sustained group bullying, aided by the moderators, has had the effect of shutting me up.

For 8,000 posts I have been remarkably open with you; and I have spoken to you from my deepest self but I have been so emotionally damaged by the group bullying, I find I am unable to speak to you from my deepest self at this time.

However I hope I am resiliant enough to recover and keep posting from my deep poetic self.

I would like to encourage the moderators to learn about the damage done by group bullying and stop group bullying on this site.

We have in Oz strong and balanced libel laws and I am sure the character assassination I have been subject to is actionable in an Australian Court.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The very purpose of sustained and vicious group bullying is to intimidate the victim and shut the victim up.

And the vicious and sustained group bullying, aided by the moderators, has had the effect of shutting me up.

For 8,000 posts I have been remarkably open with you; and I have spoken to you from my deepest self but I have been so emotionally damaged by the group bullying, I find I am unable to speak to you from my deepest self at this time.

However I hope I am resiliant enough to recover and keep posting from my deep poetic self.

I would like to encourage the moderators to learn about the damage done by group bullying and stop group bullying on this site.

We have in Oz strong and balanced libel laws and I am sure the character assassination I have been subject to is actionable in an Australian Court.
    Unfortunately, no one lives there.

That means you, @Kasper!