Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Would I let my 4 year old daughter get inside Victor's rusted VW van alone with him? Probably not. But assuming he's some chronic mental health/AA patient? My god.
    Strangely, I'd flip flop those.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    True. The claims that Victor is misogynistic and has a mother complex, which have been echoed several times, doesn't fall in line with the ideas he promotes. When I first booted up my account here, all he could talk about was the emancipation of women through liberal democracy and how much he loved it. He wouldn't ever shut up about it. Honestly, I think these claims about Victor are due to 1) ignorance about Victors ideas, 2) reading in between the lines to fill in the blanks.
    ORLY? Then how come Victor admitted he has issues with women because of a controlling mother? Just because Victor politically, overall, believes in the emancipation of women doesn't mean that he doesn't have PERSONAL issues with women or his mom. For cryin' out loud, it's two separate things, unless you have a very low IQ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    @Marmie Dearest, if I may ask, what are your thoughts on Victor's reaction to the claims made here about him? Do you find them warranted?
    Yes, I said I felt like he was being bullied and that I didn't understand why a thread about why people don't like Victor was being allowed, and something was said about the thread being a group discussion about not liking his forum behavior, which didn't quite count as personal attacks.

Still I can see where someone's feelings would be quite hurt by something like this. It's a little ridiculous, in my opinion. I've seen so much worse than Victor.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    For cryin' out loud, it's two separate things, unless you have a very low IQ.
    Those are two separate things regardless of whether anyone has a low IQ.

That's true. And I never claimed that Victor doesn't have personal issues with his mom/women. In fact, in an earlier post, I reiterated the strong possibility that he fears many groups of people, including women, though not necessarily all women. Fear is quite the personal issue.

So... yeah. Good job. Or something.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    ORLY? Then how come Victor admitted he has issues with women because of a controlling mother? Just because Victor politically, overall, believes in the emancipation of women doesn't mean that he doesn't have PERSONAL issues with women or his mom. For cryin' out loud, it's two separate things, unless you have a very low IQ.
    It's probably still 2 separate issues, even if you do have a low IQ, tbf.

EDIT. Dammit Biloba.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Would I let my 4 year old daughter get inside Victor's rusted VW van alone with him? Probably not. But assuming he's some chronic mental health/AA patient? My god. These speculations are just getting ridiculous. And specific books he's read? Is it unfathomable for people to have ideas of their own?
    I don't think it's assumed he's a chronic mental health/ AA patient, but it's a possibility, since he is probably getting his ideas from the books, if they are the same ideas. If the shoe fits, wear it. If people read something, and it sounds like something they've read before, they make an association, and it can then possibly be assumed that is where his ideas spawned from or took form. Nothing in life is completely original. In other words, it's possible he was influenced by these authors and books, or something like them.

I admit to being an alcoholic myself, in case anyone sees that as defamation of character. I don't think most things are defamation of character. I just assume all people are flawed and have their struggles, even ones other people label as "evil", and honestly are out to do me harm.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Jenaphor was one, Randomnity another, there were probably others.
    If you read again, I was talking about his derailing of threads with unrelated monologues of metaphor/poetry, not purely his use of metaphor or poetic language.

Yes, needless metaphor and poetic language irritate me, if my intention is not to read poetry. But that's pretty minor and certainly not against the rules. Derailing threads where other members are having interesting conversation is both against the rules and infuriating (to me - obviously some people don't mind it).

Also, I think there is some misunderstanding of what a "personal attack" is in this thread. Criticism of someone's chosen style of writing is not a personal attack.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Also, I think there is some misunderstanding of what a "personal attack" is in this thread. Criticism of someone's chosen style of writing is not a personal attack.
    Oh, but we've graduated to paedophilia and alcoholism since then.

Keep up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've mostly been skimming, it's true. My usual flaw.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Oh, but we've graduated to paedophilia and alcoholism since then.

Keep up!
    I never said that. That was my poorly put way of saying that I don't claim that he's in perfect mental health - but that these accusations/speculation are just OTT.

I never took him to be a sex offender - if anything, he'd probably just make the kid cry after going on a spiel about The Great Lie of Santa Claus. xD
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg