User Tag List

First 334142434445 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

This thread is further proof (if it were needed), that Fe users and Fi users should under no circumstances try to communicate with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Wow, do a search on Victor and the word "mother".

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    What?
    I think he's saying that: If you don't understand Victor's metaphorical language, then how do you believe you have an overall understanding of his ideas concerning his mother complex, since you might have to understand his metaphorical language in order to obtain that. You could be making the assumption that you understand his mother complex, and comment on it as if you do, when you might not, because you don't understand his metaphorical language, and therefore, haven't read it in order to gain a deeper understanding.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Ginkgo

What?
    *waits to see if you assume anything*

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I think he's saying that: If you don't understand Victor's metaphorical language, then how do you believe you have an overall understanding of his ideas concerning his mother complex, since you might have to understand his metaphorical language in order to obtain that. You could be making the assumption that you understand his mother complex, and comment on it as if you do, when you might not, because you don't understand his metaphorical language, and therefore, haven't read it in order to gain a deeper understanding.
    Thanks. You got it.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    This thread is further proof (if it were needed), that Fe users and Fi users should under no circumstances try to communicate with each other.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I understand metaphorical language. *sigh* I am certified to teach high school English. I graduated with honors and way more credits than I needed. I went to school on and off for a decade, taking composition, rhetoric, linguistics, poetry, literature, etc. How many times do I have to say I understand what Victor is saying? I can even tell you what books he got most of his ideas from. He's extremely influenced by Marshall McLuhan and he's been to a lot of group therapy and very likely substance abuse rehab. I estimate his age at to be between 60 and 65, judging from the books and influences he reflects. I went back and pulled up all his posts and started to index them for you by author because I know from the ideas he echoes, but it's exhausting and I need to get paid if I'm going to do all that. Besides, it won't make any difference.

MacGuffin hits the nail on the head -- Do a search on Victor's posts and the word "mother." If you're going to argue, at least start from a fact!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    (Punches @Tiltyred in the stomach.) (Slaps @MacGuffin in the face.) (and an UPPERCUT for @Tallulah. And a headlock for @entropie ) !!!!!!!! That's what you guys get for your OPINIONS ON VICTOR! REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY ARE GOOD OR BAD. OR THE POSITIONING OF YOUR FE! You people are just impossible to communicate with!!!!

(Leaves room.)

Edit: (Walks back in.) Just kidding, hugs all around.

::
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I can even tell you what books he got most of his ideas from. He's extremely influenced by Marshall McLuhan and he's been to a lot of group therapy and very likely substance abuse rehab. I estimate his age at to be between 60 and 65, judging from the books and influences he reflects. I went back and pulled up all his posts and started to index them for you by author because I know from the ideas he echoes, but it's exhausting and I need to get paid if I'm going to do all that. Besides, it won't make any difference.
    TY, I'm gonna check this out. I knew he got his ideas from somewhere, but I'm not a big reader. Can you name a few more authors for me to check out, that he is getting his ideas from?

Why do you think he's been to group therapy and substance abuse rehab?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

MacGuffin hits the nail on the head -- Do a search on Victor's posts and the word "mother." If you're going to argue, at least start from a fact!
    I guess you just confirmed this then:

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    An offense is one part content, 2 parts author.

I recommend you do a search on MacGuffin if your interests run to discrediting people rather than ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.