User Tag List

First 19272829303139 Last

Results 281 to 290 of 509

  1. #281
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm personally enamored with this discussion. I don't even know if we are talking about Victor the person anymore. He's become more of a concept. Could be noun, verb, or adjective too.

    "To victor": 1.)To write in controversial metaphorical prose.
    Victor is a concept...oh man. I can't stop laughing.

    I think "Victored" is already a term on this forum...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  2. #282
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm personally enamored with this discussion. I don't even know if we are talking about Victor the person anymore. He's become more of a concept. Could be noun, verb, or adjective too.

    "To victor": 1.)To write in controversial metaphorical prose.
    I agree.

  3. #283
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Only a victor would spot a victor.
    Hmm..touche.

  4. #284
    Senior Member redcheerio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    How do you know this?
    I don't know, I'm just pulling it out of my ass based on previous discussion about Fi-Ni, and based on this thread which seems to show evidence of rejecting Se in favor of Ni:

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I played sport at school but when I left school I discovered other things. In particular I discovered the inner life and everything that goes with it.

    But those who love professional sport remain fixated on the games of childhood and they never mature.

    And the inner life forever remains a mystery to them. They can't swim in the inner life and fear they might drown.

    Sport lovers look good on the outside but inside they are suppurating or desiccated.

    So they drown their inner unhappiness in alcohol and increasingly in drugs.

    Naturally they deny their own inner unhappiness, and they deny this to one another and to the world.

    But professional sport is psychologically damaging to the practitioners and to the fans.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    *wonders if you're enamored with your newfound perspective on Victor*
    Of course I am, this is fun.

    I will feel bad if he ends up offended by it, though....


    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm personally enamored with this discussion. I don't even know if we are talking about Victor the person anymore. He's become more of a concept. Could be noun, verb, or adjective too.

    "To victor": 1.)To write in controversial metaphorical prose.

  5. #285
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because he's on a mission to make people think about what he's saying, he thinks it's very important to share these ideas, but doesn't actually enjoy direct conflict, he might find it too upsetting. Especially if he feels that he is being personally attacked. Like now.

    It's weird because I've seen an INTJ do something along the same lines...basically be a trouble maker and a shit stirrer, but when it comes to personal things being almost cowardly passive/avoidant.

    But with Victor I sincerely think he's doing it because he really believes he's speaking truth and is trying to enlighten people, not just to get jollies out of harassing young girls or offending middle-aged ladies.

    I also think Victor is much more honest in basically admitting that his feelings are hurt by personal attacks.

    So I tend to respect Victor more, although I agree that his methods aren't always good.
    Honestly, I think you're completely bamboozled. Bamboozled in every respect, on this issue. I think you like Victor because you're also provocative, so it delights you when he is.

    It's so offensive to me to have to patronize and humor people. Advise like "just ignore him" or "he means well" make me foam at the mouth. At some point, content matters! It's like watching somebody with Stockholm syndrome to hear you say how Victor's such a great guy and you respect his morals, when he has zero good to say about women, and he attacks people at their basic levels -- their intellect, he thinks he's smarter than everybody here, and their intentions, he's constantly attributing bad intent ... I just don't get it. I feel like somewhere along the line, you turned your brain off.

  6. #286
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because he's on a mission to make people think about what he's saying, he thinks it's very important to share these ideas, but doesn't actually enjoy direct conflict, he might find it too upsetting. Especially if he feels that he is being personally attacked. Like now.

    It's weird because I've seen an INTJ do something along the same lines...basically be a trouble maker and a shit stirrer, but when it comes to personal things being almost cowardly passive/avoidant.

    But with Victor I sincerely think he's doing it because he really believes he's speaking truth and is trying to enlighten people, not just to get jollies out of harassing young girls or offending middle-aged ladies.

    I also think Victor is much more honest in basically admitting that his feelings are hurt by personal attacks.

    So I tend to respect Victor more, although I agree that his methods aren't always good.
    So basically, you think that he is so into sharing his ideas, that he will cause other people grief in order to get them across, without reason? Why can't he get his ideas across, without creating chaos, if he doesn't like it, like the rest of us do? Generally, when someone continually breaks the rules and gets banned, that points to a much deeper problem. He's not avoiding direct conflict.... by continually breaking the rules and pissing people off, he's inviting it. Then when people say something about it, he plays the victim. Just because he plays the victim, doesn't necessarily mean that he is upset. If he was so upset about the reactions, he would change, but he doesn't.

    Usually, when people are upset, they respond in some way. He ignores heated discussion, and keeps going as if nothing has happened. He appears to be very removed, not upset. What people say and what they do and are, are many times, completely different things.

    It seems to me that you want to see good in people, and not what's there. But I think that's also a quality I see in esfp's that makes them very lovable people.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  7. #287
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Oh he ignores heated discussion, that's a trait I wish I had. It's actually quite wise of him.

    I don't think his methods are always good, I just don't think his intent is malicious.

    People who are removed like that only bother me in a personal context, like the INTJ in question, then it just seems downright fucking nasty and mean to me.

    But since I have Fi, I guess, I don't see why anyone would be bothered by Victor being so removed if they don't especially care about him as a person. It's like ...yeah...that guy.

    As I admitted before, I have gotten angry at Victor before because of some of the stuff he's said DIRECTLY TO ME. But when I realized later how paranoid or projecting some of it was, it took some of the anger away, and allowed me to see what his probable issues are.

    We all have issues. I certainly do.

  8. #288
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    The ideas that he conveys are often ... at the very least, insulting. I started to write "cruel," not sure if that's the right word. I'm not talking about to young girls and middle aged women. I'm talking about, for example, to the people on the sports topic. They have no inner life. They regress to childhood because they ... blah blah are deficient in some way.

    -- as long as he doesn't say it to YOU, it's ok. But it's ok if he says it to other people. ?

  9. #289
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    The ideas that he conveys are often ... at the very least, insulting. I started to write "cruel," not sure if that's the right word. I'm not talking about to young girls and middle aged women. I'm talking about, for example, to the people on the sports topic. They have no inner life. They regress to childhood because they ... blah blah are deficient in some way.
    Yeah, well, see what I mean about the sillyness? That's just speculation which is outright wrong and not based in reality. Every one reading that knows that it's wrong. It's not even insulting at that level of wrongness. Too me it's like "Oh Victor." It's just one mans odd opinion.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  10. #290
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    The ideas that he conveys are often ... at the very least, insulting. I started to write "cruel," not sure if that's the right word. I'm not talking about to young girls and middle aged women. I'm talking about, for example, to the people on the sports topic. They have no inner life. They regress to childhood because they ... blah blah are deficient in some way.

    -- as long as he doesn't say it to YOU, it's ok. But it's ok if he says it to other people. ?
    What sports thread?

Similar Threads

  1. The Emerging Church - Thoughts on Postmodern Christianity
    By Apollonian in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 09:23 AM
  2. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM
  3. Thoughts on Hybrid MBTI/Keirsey Types?
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
  4. My thoughts on the I phone
    By Opivy1980 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO