• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Victor's thoughts on makeup

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would I let my 4 year old daughter get inside Victor's rusted VW van alone with him? Probably not. But assuming he's some chronic mental health/AA patient? My god.

Strangely, I'd flip flop those.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
True. The claims that Victor is misogynistic and has a mother complex, which have been echoed several times, doesn't fall in line with the ideas he promotes. When I first booted up my account here, all he could talk about was the emancipation of women through liberal democracy and how much he loved it. He wouldn't ever shut up about it. Honestly, I think these claims about Victor are due to 1) ignorance about Victors ideas, 2) reading in between the lines to fill in the blanks.

ORLY? Then how come Victor admitted he has issues with women because of a controlling mother? Just because Victor politically, overall, believes in the emancipation of women doesn't mean that he doesn't have PERSONAL issues with women or his mom. For cryin' out loud, it's two separate things, unless you have a very low IQ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION], if I may ask, what are your thoughts on Victor's reaction to the claims made here about him? Do you find them warranted?

Yes, I said I felt like he was being bullied and that I didn't understand why a thread about why people don't like Victor was being allowed, and something was said about the thread being a group discussion about not liking his forum behavior, which didn't quite count as personal attacks.

Still I can see where someone's feelings would be quite hurt by something like this. It's a little ridiculous, in my opinion. I've seen so much worse than Victor.

G

Ginkgo

For cryin' out loud, it's two separate things, unless you have a very low IQ.

Those are two separate things regardless of whether anyone has a low IQ. :huh:

That's true. And I never claimed that Victor doesn't have personal issues with his mom/women. In fact, in an earlier post, I reiterated the strong possibility that he fears many groups of people, including women, though not necessarily all women. Fear is quite the personal issue.

So... yeah. Good job. Or something.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ORLY? Then how come Victor admitted he has issues with women because of a controlling mother? Just because Victor politically, overall, believes in the emancipation of women doesn't mean that he doesn't have PERSONAL issues with women or his mom. For cryin' out loud, it's two separate things, unless you have a very low IQ.

It's probably still 2 separate issues, even if you do have a low IQ, tbf.

EDIT. Dammit Biloba.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would I let my 4 year old daughter get inside Victor's rusted VW van alone with him? Probably not. But assuming he's some chronic mental health/AA patient? My god. These speculations are just getting ridiculous. And specific books he's read? Is it unfathomable for people to have ideas of their own? :dont:

I don't think it's assumed he's a chronic mental health/ AA patient, but it's a possibility, since he is probably getting his ideas from the books, if they are the same ideas. If the shoe fits, wear it. If people read something, and it sounds like something they've read before, they make an association, and it can then possibly be assumed that is where his ideas spawned from or took form. Nothing in life is completely original. In other words, it's possible he was influenced by these authors and books, or something like them.

I admit to being an alcoholic myself, in case anyone sees that as defamation of character. I don't think most things are defamation of character. I just assume all people are flawed and have their struggles, even ones other people label as "evil", and honestly are out to do me harm.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jenaphor was one, Randomnity another, there were probably others.
If you read again, I was talking about his derailing of threads with unrelated monologues of metaphor/poetry, not purely his use of metaphor or poetic language.

Yes, needless metaphor and poetic language irritate me, if my intention is not to read poetry. But that's pretty minor and certainly not against the rules. Derailing threads where other members are having interesting conversation is both against the rules and infuriating (to me - obviously some people don't mind it).

Also, I think there is some misunderstanding of what a "personal attack" is in this thread. Criticism of someone's chosen style of writing is not a personal attack.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, I think there is some misunderstanding of what a "personal attack" is in this thread. Criticism of someone's chosen style of writing is not a personal attack.
Oh, but we've graduated to paedophilia and alcoholism since then.

Keep up!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've mostly been skimming, it's true. My usual flaw.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, but we've graduated to paedophilia and alcoholism since then.

Keep up!

I never said that. That was my poorly put way of saying that I don't claim that he's in perfect mental health - but that these accusations/speculation are just OTT.

I never took him to be a sex offender - if anything, he'd probably just make the kid cry after going on a spiel about The Great Lie of Santa Claus. xD

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I may be naive, but I think Victor's problem is that he is too innocent and childlike, if anything.
The real perverts tend to fly under the radar.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I may be naive, but I think Victor's problem is that he is too innocent and childlike, if anything.

I think it was the clown that changed the tone in here. :laugh:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never said that. That was my poorly put way of saying that I don't claim that he's in perfect mental health - but that these accusations/speculation is just OTT.

I disagree that they are accusations or speculations on my part.... they are just possibilities.
I could make the same argument that trying to type Victor without his consent was an accusation and speculation as well, but you don't consider those over-the-top. What's stopping you from considering mental disorders as an answer? Obviously something puts up a slammed door there.

I don't see stigmas, I just see what's there. If I'm an alcoholic, I'm an alcoholic. If I have a mental disorder, I have one. To those with a studied eye, there are no secrets. I can't hide myself from some.

"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time"

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

That's basically my impression as well. He's walking around with raw, exposed Fi and just never developed an adaptive shield to get through life optimally. Not meeting his idealism with reality.

Assuming from on here. Who knows - maybe IRL he copes just fine and saves his idealism for the right times only.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I disagree that they are accusations or speculations on my part.... they are just possibilities.

What is OTT?

Not you - I was referring mainly to tiltyred. Maybe she can clarify. No accusations, just speculations.

OTT = over the top

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not you - I was referring mainly to tiltyred. Maybe she can clarify. No accusations, just speculations.

OTT = over the top

No problems. :) I think I just assumed you were referring to me too, since I was also interested. ha.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the takeaway lesson from this thread is: when dealing with someone frustrating, ask yourself - What Would Happy Bunny Do?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Gosh, @Salome is cranky today. Wait...she's always cranky...

Psst... Don't forget the accent mark. It's Salomé. Otherwise, she won't get your Mentions. :)

Yes, I said I felt like he was being bullied and that I didn't understand why a thread about why people don't like Victor was being allowed, and something was said about the thread being a group discussion about not liking his forum behavior, which didn't quite count as personal attacks.

Still I can see where someone's feelings would be quite hurt by something like this. It's a little ridiculous, in my opinion. I've seen so much worse than Victor.

I meant about requesting other members to be banned - did you find that to be an adequate response? I simply want to know. :blush:

This thread is getting a bit weird, frankly. Like that song from Disney's Beauty and the Beast where the whole town sings about how odd Belle is. :shrug:

Some responses here are kinda mean... And we had to jam Fe/Fi there, too. I don't "get" Victor's writing a lot of the time, but I don't think that means he's BSing...

(Also, Marm, what makes you think Vic is Fi? I could see Ti in his writing, I think...)

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the takeaway lesson from this thread is: when dealing with someone frustrating, ask yourself - What Would Happy Bunny Do?

Happy Bunny would be his usual, narcissistic, silly self. :bunnyglee:
I think that's some pretty good advice, actually.

This thread is getting a bit weird, frankly. Like that song from Disney's Beauty and the Beast where the whole town sings about how odd Belle is. :shrug:

Agreed. Except take out "getting a bit". It passed into "weird" category a long time ago for me.

Some responses here are kinda mean...

Also agree. Except take out "kinda", and agreed that some of mine are mean too. We probably agree on more than you think, actually. I was alot more like you before the world beat the shit out of me. :)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

OTT = over the top
You are referring to this statement:
He's extremely influenced by Marshall McLuhan and he's been to a lot of group therapy and very likely substance abuse rehab.

There is no question that he's extremely influenced by Marshall McLuhan.
http://marshallmcluhanspeaks.com/sayings/

I should have said "I believe" or some other such modifier that he has been to group therapy and/or substance abuse rehab. He uses that vocabulary and is very attached to certain ideas phrased in certain ways.

I don't think anything wrong at all if someone has been to AA or group therapy. It was not my intent to say anything bad about him in that respect. I forget there's still stigma attached. What I wanted to say was, he is not an original genius. I can see where he gets many of his ideas. They are not original and don't reflect genius. That's not to say they are not worthy.

Ok, I'm sick of qualifying everything. Use your own judgment and I don't care anymore.

^ *childish*
My experience of Victor is someone who jumps up shouting slogans in the middle of an unrelated conversation. It won't sound like that to you if you haven't been exposed to the slogans, but I have, so I can tell you, it's not genius. He's well-versed in certain areas and he's repeating those ideas. He's extremely attached to those ideas above any other ideas. They don't appear to me as genius because I know where he got them.

Are ya with me now?

P.S. I never said anything ever about "sex offender." I don't know where you're getting that, but please don't attribute it to me! or show me where I said whatever led you to believe I think that.