User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Admittedly I didn't read much because... well, it wasn't interesting.
    Hey! I thought the conversation with regards to make-up was interesting! LOL. (I really did).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I agree here. I've been out of the loop for awhile but I don't really get what is going on in this thread. Admittedly I didn't read much because... well, it wasn't interesting.

I feel like I am either missing something or interpreting what is going on in an entirely different fashion. Either way the vitriol makes little sense to me going either way.
    Again -- you've been here five months. You feel out of the loop because you are out of the loop.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I feel that I do have a choice though to ignore many people's posts in any given thread, because I do it all of the time.

However, someone did point out that people are more invested in threads they themselves create, and I can see that, like with my sci-fi thread for example.

But then again I see off-topic debate as relevant discussion and well, I even find the fluff entertaining. Even when I don't I answer the posts that concern me and ignore the ones which don't.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Again -- you've been here five months. You feel out of the loop because you are out of the loop.
    Again? Where was the first?

Doesn't mean my opinion isn't valid since my join date isn't as old as other peoples.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

My mind craves stimulation and I'm not getting it where I am, I think that's part of the problem. I think yours does, too, and you want to be acknowledged, because you can't be getting much acknowledgement working from home (I'm not getting it working from work, but anyway) if I'm into a thread and you derail it, it frustrates me. Your point of view comes off sort of easy-going and "why don't you just ignore it" but that reminds me of math class in 10th grade when Herbert Driver who sat behind me used to keep rubbing my ass with his knee. If I said anything to the teacher, he'd tell me to go sit somewhere else. Why do I have to move to accommodate somebody who's being rude?

But I don't think you acknowledge that there is such a thing as rude, do you?

MBTI
    INTP

There are thread derails, and then there are thread derails. A couple of posts that are tangential are usually fine, but when it becomes a full-on thread-hijack, when the original topic was interesting to begin with, it's more than a little annoying. If you're going to change the entire direction of the thread, it makes more sense to start a new thread, rather than take the existing one for your purposes. I don't mind going a little off-track if the topic is somewhat along the same lines. There used to be a rash of random flirting in the middle of threads, and that makes me crazy in a serious thread. It really is like Tilty said--someone changed the music on the station you were playing, and the new music sucks, but you keep listening, hoping they start playing the good stuff again.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Doesn't mean my opinion isn't valid since my join date isn't as old as other peoples.
    Your opinion will necessarily be ill-informed because you don't have enough forum history to understand the discussion.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

It would take a looooong time to catch up......
    I would just consider that some people see something that you don't, and call it a day.
    It's probably not worth the trouble, for you.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    It would take a looooong time to catch up......
    I would just consider that some people see something that you don't, and call it a day.
    It's probably not worth the trouble, for you.
    that's fine. i just didn't get the rudeness i was being treated to from someone i have never read a post from before.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

that's fine. i just didn't get the rudeness i was being treated to from someone i have never read a post from before.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype