User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Nah, that's not the case with me.....

My doing so is more based on 1) taking care of myself, and 2) an eye for an eye.
    Taking care of yourself is your responsibility. Vengeance belongs to the gods. This is what basic human societies have understood since time immemorial.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Taking care of yourself is your responsibility. Vengeance belongs to the gods. This is what basic human societies have understood since time immemorial.
    I wouldn't consider what I do a form of vengeance. I don't necessarily wish to inflict punishment for wrong-doings. I don't generally feel anyone has done anything "wrong" to me, in most cases. I described it as "eye for an eye", because I suppose it was the best way I could think of describing it, without going into a long, lengthy explanation. Maybe I should have more described it as, "if you are going to act like you do, then expect it back." I suppose "eye for an eye" implies that i think someone has hurt me. I don't think anyone on an internet forum can actually hurt me lol......
    I think there's a grey area that many people don't think is bullying but I do, and that's what I am referring to. When I do it to others, I think it is bullying, but many others don't. Same with others. It's an arguable situation. But it's generally socially-acceptable behaviors ....... I don't think going as far as believing it is anything more than just child's play is going too far.

Technically, it IS bullying, but most people on this forum do it, at least on occasion. I have a low threshold for when I think someone is acting out-of-line, and occasionally, I do cross my own lines, in other words. That doesn't mean I like playing god lol...... whole different scenario, whole different person.

At the same time, i don't agree that "vengeance belongs to the gods", since I don't believe in gods in the first place.

I think we as a people decide to punish criminals, children, etc., all the time for bad behaviors when they are justified, and it's socially acceptable to do so, in method. That is not what Victor was choosing to do. His methods and the things he was punishing seemed to be an attempt to prune others toward believing his way, and both his method and ideas were both socially-unacceptable. The same cannot be said for me, even if you believe I enjoy "playing god", which I don't. In other words, there is a difference between a kind-hearted teacher and a morally-questionable cult-leader, even if both are doling out "punishments". There's a difference between a friendly mod who volunteers and a rule-breaker who continually disrupts, even though they both induce punishments on others.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah, Victor could say he is going to the post office and I would think it's a metaphor for something else.
    Literature 101: everything is a metaphor.

@Victor

And what of her cosmetic embellishments?

or hers?

or hers?

or his?

or his and hers?

It can be, but isn't always about:

mimicking sexual arousal
    misrepresentation,

but don't forget:

status (leader, warrior, sage, white collar-professional, prostitute)
    cultural identification
    spirituality
    social intent (marriage, war, age-related stage of life)
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This. Hence we see the same pattern with no deviation, every time he starts a thread. Playing the victim allows him to maintain the role of misunderstood underdog genius. I think he gets exactly the kind of reaction he wants. And it's effective. Probably 17 pages out of this 20 page thread are devoted to discussing the Victor Mystique rather than the old "makeup mimics arousal" chestnut. He doesn't even have to have new material to maintain rockstar status. Just the greatest hits. Love him or hate him, we still talk about him.
    It's all about the dopamine hit, innit?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

This. Hence we see the same pattern with no deviation, every time he starts a thread. Playing the victim allows him to maintain the role of misunderstood underdog genius. I think he gets exactly the kind of reaction he wants. And it's effective. Probably 17 pages out of this 20 page thread are devoted to discussing the Victor Mystique rather than the old "makeup mimics arousal" chestnut. He doesn't even have to have new material to maintain rockstar status. Just the greatest hits. Love him or hate him, we still talk about him.
    Victor's broken records >>>> bunch of halfwits talking about nail polish
    I guess volume of posts alone reveals that (if it weren't self-evident).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    What are you? Victor's minion?
    Why don't you arrange a time to go meet up and hang out with Victor. I bet you two would hit it off great.

Trust me, in your shoes, I wouldn't be calling anyone else a half-wit lmfao.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Why? The nail polish/makeup thread was accomplishing the purpose it was started for. No one intended to solve any major world issues in that thread, and yet some (yes, intelligent) posters found answers to questions they had about something they use in their daily lives. Talking about nail polish doesn't make one a half-wit. And threads like that are also a way that posters share their experience with other posters, creating good will. I think that's pretty useful.

Victor starts threads about the same two ideas, then refuses to engage people in an honest debate about his ideas. He decides to interpret genuine engagement as bullying, and nothing happens except a discussion about Victor and his methods. People then jump in and defend him, as you are doing, but the defenses always imply that there's some element of genius that the rest of the board is missing. I don't buy it. No one who defends him ever offers any evidence for this supposed genius. There are plenty of reasonable, flexible, intelligent people on the boards that would be willing to listen to Victor's ideas if he were willing to engage beyond his current level. I don't care for his style, it's true, but I could very easily look past it if he were willing to take what others are saying and create an actual dialogue with them, rather than delivering them as a pronouncements that must be swallowed in their entirety. Why is it okay for Victor to assume that every time someone disagrees with him, it must be because they are afraid of controversy or afraid of change? He never provides any evidence for this idea. But we're supposed to see him as some sort of anti-MBTI prophet. I suspect this is probably another Fi vs Fe thing for a lot of people. Why should Victor have to change his tactics to suit all of you, etc. Answer: he doesn't have to, but he can't expect a different result, and loads of people are tired of his schtick, and have every right to be tired of it.

Frankly, I'm not sure why we aren't allowed to be annoyed with Victor's tactics. He's off-limits, where others can be ripped to shreds at will. He's not defenseless or weak, and he is perfectly capable of coming up with a tactic to reach more people with his "message," if that is truly what he desires. But it's not. Perhaps he feels like amending his style of communication renders him inauthentic. That's fine. But it will be received the same way each and every time.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    @Tiltyred: Neither of us can no for sure whether he is just "pulling stuff out of his ass" and trying to cause trouble as you believe or if he really believes what he is saying. I'm inclined to believe the latter and completely agree with what @Marmie Dearest most recently wrote. But still, the fact remains that your opinion that he is a troll is just an opinion and cannot be proven.
    1. "Troll" has a definition. If you do the things that fit the definition, you are a troll.
    2. You can prove something by observing it and seeing if it repeats predictably. It does.

Whether he truly believes what he is saying has nothing to do with whether or not he's a troll. Those are two separate issues.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

People then jump in and defend him, as you are doing, but the defenses always imply that there's some element of genius that the rest of the board is missing. I don't buy it.
    Smart.

Now THAT'S the laugh of the day.....
    Anyone who thinks Vic is a genius, must be missing a few marbles themselves. That's just pathetic.
    While I think Vic is funny (as I usually do, people of his type), as I do many others, I realize it's because he's missing a few marbles himself, and is actually far from genius.
    Yes, he has a few skills, but I'm not stupid enough to label that genius. There are a lot of talented, successful people amongst us. Wow. What rock have you people been hiding under?!
    Let me offer you followers of Vic a few books you can read that might broaden your minds a little. http://www.charliemanson.com/books.htm

No one who defends him ever offers any evidence for this supposed genius.
    Yea, minions usually don't have any reasons. They just want to be led.

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    @Tiltyred: Neither of us can no for sure whether he is just "pulling stuff out of his ass" and trying to cause trouble as you believe or if he really believes what he is saying. I'm inclined to believe the latter and completely agree with what @Marmie Dearest most recently wrote. But still, the fact remains that your opinion that he is a troll is just an opinion and cannot be proven.
    Yea? I call anyone who continually disrupts threads repeatedly, at the very least, a rule-breaker who doesn't care whether he is causing the mods more trouble and work, or not. The mods are going out of their way to take care of things, because he is demanding it by disrupting. THAT'S A SIGN..... does that make sense to you? Would you continually break the rules, and be told that you need to stop, but continue? Whether derailed threads bother ME or not, if a mod tells me to stop, I generally will listen, out of respect for others.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype