Branded with a Tramp Stamp
    Better than having your legs broken.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Why not play the ball not the man?

I would no more think of saying, Qlip is wrong, than I would think I could fly. Why not pay me the same compliment, dear Qlip?
    You stated an all encompassing opinion titled "Victor's Thoughts on Makeup" written and produced by Victor, with honorable mention to Victor. You *are* the ball by no fault of mine.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

for brands tell us that they can take us from our real self to our ideal self.
    IDK, I don't consider brands as taking me from my real self to my ideal self, regardless of what they are trying to tell me. I think some people do, but not all. Some of us at least try to remain grounded in reality. I tend to use brands to choose products that will offer quality and security. I think some types are more likely to buy certain brands because the commercials made them feel good, or it's part of the image they want to project, but not me.

I will buy quality clothing and makeup that reflects my sense of style and taste, usually at a value, but I don't do this on the notion that it has anything to do with creating an ideal self. I just enjoy it, and I think it makes me look better. Clothing and makeup can be valuable assets to an sx lol......

I think brands were created to sell products, of course, but I don't think everyone buys the idea that a brand defines or changes the person, more that the branded products are a reflection of their tastes. When I go into a store looking for a cute black top, for instance, I will buy what I like, regardless of brand. Some brands just happen to fit the bill more often than others.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Do you say this to painters who like to paint and like to share their enjoyment of painting with other painters, and their techniques, and favorite colors, and sources or brands for colors? Do you tell them they can never reach their goal of creating perfect beauty? Are they also suffering some intellectual impairment or spiritual deficiency? Or does this only apply to women painting their faces? Or only women with tattoos? If a woman has a tattoo on her rump, it means she's docile? What are you talking about?? What if my real self is a thing that likes to paint its face? Who is anyone else to put a judgment on it?
    I see where you are coming from . . . I think Qlip summed it up best:

"I think that beauty comes from expression. A woman putting on makeup is just another form of expression, if her intentions are mask herself, then OP is right, if it is to express herself then Victor is wrong."

paraphrased: if a women is putting on make up as a form of expression that can be beautiful but if they are wearing it like a mask then it's ugly.

I think Victor was just trying to say that you are beautiful naturally as you are, should accept yourself and should be happy being you with out the feeling the need to use make up . . . in a constraining sense . . . to look like someone else because you yourself are beautiful.

@Qlip : I think that's just cause he's a bit formal and specific, not cause he's proud.

@ICUP : That quote made me think of advertising. I think there's a lot of truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    I agree with you Victor!
    or at least see where you are coming from.
    I am glad you can see where I am coming from so there is no need to mention it to Aunty Jack at -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9ma...eature=related

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

I am glad you can see where I am coming from so there is no need to mention it to Aunty Jack at -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9ma...eature=related
    "The URL contained a malformed video ID. Sorry about that."

I'll just look it up on my own then.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@Qlip : I think that's just cause he's a bit formal and specific, not cause he's proud.
    No worries. I have no beef with proud people, or humble people.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    No worries. I have no beef with proud people, or humble people.
    Are you trying to say you have no beef with anyone? XD

and I see what Victor meant in what he just said . . . People often hate the messenger when really it's the message itself that upsets them. That's what should be adressed instead of making things personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You stated an all encompassing opinion titled "Victor's Thoughts on Makeup" written and produced by Victor, with honorable mention to Victor. You *are* the ball by no fault of mine.
    C'mon, I did not write, "Victor's Thoughts on Makeup". These words were written by a moderator in a misguided attempt to shield the members from controversy.

Let's face reality. Many here are threatened by controversy and rather than deal with the controversy, they attack the person. This is called group bullying and it is endemic here.

Smile Jack's back

"The URL contained a malformed video ID. Sorry about that."
    :O
    That wasn't on purpose was it? lol
    It's OK now. Just skip the advertisement.