• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Victor's thoughts on makeup

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Yeah you can get caught in it, and it's harder for some people than others to snap out of it, depending on life experiences and other conditions (depression, abuse, neuroses, personality disorders) BUT YOU CAN SNAP OUT OF IT.

I've watched the ISTJ come back into his Te, so it's not like it TRAPS YOU FOR LIFE.

The smartest thing to do is recognize it and work on it, but some people can't or won't.

Agreed. :yes:

:nice:

G

Ginkgo

No, the theory remains the same. ;) It's just a description of something some people get caught in sometimes. Doesn't mean they can't work their way out of it if they want to.

This cognitive move doesn't lead us to address the real problems, which would require a more genuine change in perspective; it does, however, restore an inner sense of harmony.

Boooo

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, what's some of your opinions on why Victor, for the most part, ignores anyone who doesn't agree with him, and picks-and-chooses those he addresses? Why do you think he chooses to address certain people and not others?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, what's some of your opinions on why Victor, for the most part, ignores anyone who doesn't agree with him, and picks-and-chooses those he addresses? Why do you think he chooses to address certain people and not others?

He's an Fi dom, an extreme introvert, and there's no rule saying that he can't pick and choose whom he wants to address. He probably ignores people who disagree with him to avoid conflict, though he still wants to express his opinion.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't think he's trying to cause conflict, more likely to keep going on an idea if people encourage him. Not looking for debate, looking for a sounding board perhaps? I can relate to that. It's an Fi thing.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL...I have just read through this entire thread...I officially have no life.

I'd just like to say that it's like a microcosm of TypeC. Function analysis, mud-slinging, philosophizing, ancient history dredged up, with a weird annoying Australian dude as the catalyst.

Oh sorry Victor, I forgot that last time I called you "annoying" you threatened to report me to the mods. I'd best watch my step!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL...I have just read through this entire thread...I officially have no life.

I'd just like to say that it's like a microcosm of TypeC. Function analysis, mud-slinging, philosophizing, ancient history dredged up, with a weird annoying Australian dude as the catalyst.

Oh sorry Victor, I forgot that last time I called you "annoying" you threatened to report me to the mods. I'd best watch my step!

:laugh: Come on!! We need threads like this. It is who we are as a whole!

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: Come on!! We need threads like this. It is who we are as a whole!

I know...I was serious (well, kind of!) when I said it was like a microcosm of the whole! :laugh: it's just funny.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's an Fi dom, an extreme introvert, and there's no rule saying that he can't pick and choose whom he wants to address. He probably ignores people who disagree with him to avoid conflict, though he still wants to express his opinion.

So you think he wants to avoid conflict, although he is responsible for creating it? You don't think that continually disrupting threads, and being confronted by the mods, is directly creating conflict? How exactly do directly creating conflict and inviting chaos, and wanting to avoid chaos and conflict, coexist?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know...I was serious (well, kind of!) when I said it was like a microcosm of the whole! :laugh: it's just funny.

They are all funny when they turn out like this. It's just a representation of why the world is made up of the percentages of types the way it is. The percentages in here cause total chaos, pointlessness, and imbalanced threads. The world would probably go spinning off it's axis if it were run by us as a type C whole.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Also, he's very enamored with his newly discovered Ni. I'm guessing that maybe to him it seems like enlightenment.

enlightenment.jpg

And as Ni is his tertiary function, he's naturally going to think he's much better at it than he is. Not only that, but he has to go all the way to his inferior function, Te, to get to the ability to bring critical analysis to the "enlightenment" of Ni.

So from his perspective, he is enlightened, and it hasn't occurred to him yet that his brand of enlightenment might not be the truth, the light, and the way.

Of course, this is an exaggeration, and I could be wrong. Just a possible perspective.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, he's very enamored with his newly discovered Ni. I'm guessing that maybe to him it seems like enlightenment.

enlightenment.jpg

And as Ni is his tertiary function, he's naturally going to think he's much better at it than he is. Not only that, but he has to go all the way to his inferior function, Te, to get to the ability to bring critical analysis to the "enlightenment" of Ni.

So from his perspective, he is enlightened, and it hasn't occurred to him yet that his brand of enlightenment might not be the truth, the light, and the way.

Of course, this is an exaggeration, and I could be wrong. Just a possible perspective.

Maybe, that's not very ISFP-like though. They are usually more light and fun than that! :laugh:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

How do you know this?

G

Ginkgo

enlightenment.jpg

*wonders if you're enamored with your newfound perspective on Victor* :tongue:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*wonders if you're enamored with your newfound perspective on Victor* :tongue:

I'm personally enamored with this discussion. I don't even know if we are talking about Victor the person anymore. He's become more of a concept. Could be noun, verb, or adjective too.

"To victor": 1.)To write in controversial metaphorical prose.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you think he wants to avoid conflict, although he is responsible for creating it? You don't think that continually disrupting threads, and being confronted by the mods, is directly creating conflict? How exactly do directly creating conflict and inviting chaos, and wanting to avoid chaos and conflict, coexist?

Because he's on a mission to make people think about what he's saying, he thinks it's very important to share these ideas, but doesn't actually enjoy direct conflict, he might find it too upsetting. Especially if he feels that he is being personally attacked. Like now.

It's weird because I've seen an INTJ do something along the same lines...basically be a trouble maker and a shit stirrer, but when it comes to personal things being almost cowardly passive/avoidant.

But with Victor I sincerely think he's doing it because he really believes he's speaking truth and is trying to enlighten people, not just to get jollies out of harassing young girls or offending middle-aged ladies.

I also think Victor is much more honest in basically admitting that his feelings are hurt by personal attacks.

So I tend to respect Victor more, although I agree that his methods aren't always good.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

enlightenment.jpg

This rings true to me.

But I also think he's got a sado/masochistic thing going on here that tangles up my brain when I try to sort it out.