User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 509

  1. #111
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    And more statistics saying that women who wear makeup to work make higher salaries. I guess that's because employers like deceitful mantraps who appear to be sexually aroused.
    sexually aroused at work... heheheh. That is seriously the LAST place I could experience those feelings!

    I will say that I like women who like make-up and know how to put it on nicely. I really wish I did but I am so impatient.

  2. #112
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    I guess that's why many beauty advisors advise against wearing purple eyeshadow to work.
    I do it anyway if I feel like it that morning.

    StarryKnights, I am late to work some mornings because I lose track of time painting my face. I enjoy makeup. I love to do other people's makeup, too. I love color. About every three years, I paint the walls a completely different color and redecorate everything, too. I love it like I love to sing, like people love to run or love to cook or love to collect bugs. So that's lucky for me.

    I often don't wear it on days off, though, or if I'm just running errands. But I do enjoy it.

    And all brand names tell me is the characteristics of the brand; for example, Maybelline eyeshadow doesn't stay on well for me. Dior shadow blends very easily. MAC has high color payoff but the lipsticks tend to be drying for me. Etc. That's all it means to me.

  3. #113
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    It was not unfair or unkind. It was truthful. HE IS A TROLL. Yes, he just wants attention, because he is a troll. Why on earth else would you jump into a thread with high momentum and enthusiasm and everyone in happy agreement, and throw cold water on it? Why would you do it repeatedly and repeatedly complain that you are being yelled at when you do it? STOP DOING THE THING THAT GETS YOU YELLED AT AND THE YELLING WILL STOP. Victor, who is so fond of quoting the rules to other people about bullying and who threatens to report you if you insult him because that's against the rules and you could be banned ... I cannot believe anybody buys into it.
    I don't think many people do. I think some people see the less-obvious. There are other reasons for doing what he does, other than him just being a troll.

    There are worse things people could be doing, other than trolling on the internet. Does that make it right? No, but some people don't have alot of choices in life. It's relatively harmless, in the grand scheme of things.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  4. #114
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Clarify something for me. If you disagree with makeup usage, why are you wearing it?
    Whoops sorry I missed this. But I thought I did clarify. I just don't feel like people take me as seriously in the work-world. I mean...I'm being honest here. I don't know if that is true or not...but that is really how I feel.

    EDIT: I need to make a decent living...and so I tow the line.

    2nd EDIT: I should quickly add here...that I didn't say I disagree with make-up for everyone...I just don't like it for myself.

  5. #115
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    Whoops sorry I missed this. But I thought I did clarify. I just don't feel like people take me as seriously in the work-world. I mean...I'm being honest here. I don't know if that is true or not...but that is really how I feel.
    Have you consider testing your theory? Don't wear makeup one day and see what happens.

    In the past, I've accidentally done this by being rushed and going to work without. What I found was that no one even noticed where there were no funny looks or strange behaviour or vibes from them, over it.

  6. #116
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    @ ICUP I don't feel like catering to Victor's needs over my own. Mine count, too.

  7. #117
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    sexually aroused at work... heheheh. That is seriously the LAST place I could experience those feelings!

    I will say that I like women who like make-up and know how to put it on nicely. I really wish I did but I am so impatient.
    A lot of times at work women actually wear like a pink or brown shade instead of blue or purple, and clear gloss or pink on their lips instead of a more intense red, for this reason. That's why there are "day looks" and "night looks."

    It's looking professional and polished (giving a good show in terms of aesthetics) versus putting on make-up to be "sexy."

    Cosmetics are a part of social acceptance and fashion for women, it's not just about men. If you don't wear make-up, people may suspect that you're hyper-religious, a hippie, not very well groomed, not very sophisticated...make-up says a lot of things in our culture, not just "sexy."

    It's kind of like a man styling his hair, shaving his face, and putting on a tie. That's not about sexy, it's about professional and groomed etc.

  8. #118
    Senior Member amerellis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    It wasn't intended to insult him. You misunderstood.
    No, I understood. You were accusing him of being egotistical and encouraging him to stop and consider this behavior as a way of trying to help him. When I said "where do you get off saying stuff like that?" I meant to ask, on what are you basing this inference? because that is a very personal and selfish attitude for someone to have and a difficult one to prove/infer. Maybe you are correct but I don't think you have anything that would clearly indicate you are. I think it's more likely that you were just projecting and making baseless assumptions.
    @Tiltyred And Victor has been a part of this forum for a long time and is making a case for something he believes. He is not a troll, even if some percieve him that way.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Have you consider testing your theory? Don't wear makeup one day and see what happens.

    In the past, I've accidentally done this by being rushed and going to work without. What I found was that no one even noticed where there were no funny looks or strange behaviour or vibes from them, over it.
    I think you can do this if you are brunette and have pretty even skin. If you are blonde with blonde eyebrows and eyelashes and maybe some rosacea or whatever, the difference between even a little makeup (powder and mascara) and no makeup is huge, and people ask all day if you're sick.

  10. #120
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    StarryKnights, I am late to work some mornings because I lose track of time painting my face. I enjoy makeup. I love to do other people's makeup, too. I love color. About every three years, I paint the walls a completely different color and redecorate everything, too. I love it like I love to sing, like people love to run or love to cook or love to collect bugs. So that's lucky for me.

    I often don't wear it on days off, though, or if I'm just running errands. But I do enjoy it.

    And all brand names tell me is the characteristics of the brand; for example, Maybelline eyeshadow doesn't stay on well for me. Dior shadow blends very easily. MAC has high color payoff but the lipsticks tend to be drying for me. Etc. That's all it means to me.
    I totally get this. I know a lot of people...males and females alike...that utilize make-up as a form of self-expression...or just because they truly have a lot of fun with it.

Similar Threads

  1. The Emerging Church - Thoughts on Postmodern Christianity
    By Apollonian in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 09:23 AM
  2. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM
  3. Thoughts on Hybrid MBTI/Keirsey Types?
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
  4. My thoughts on the I phone
    By Opivy1980 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO