• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which of these kind of people are you attraced to/would rather be....?

• Silent.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Charismatic.

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

Illmatic

The silent type who just observes everything in the corner. Usually talks only when spoken and are people of a very few words kinda like all of Clint Eastwood characters. People under estimate their skill, but they are always ahead of their opponents/enemies/rivals but people always under estimate or just don't realize the extent of their skill. Lone Wolf.

Or the

Charismatic, flamboyant type. Smooth talker, witty talker and a friendly person who is comfortable talking to anyone and is very very charismatic. If anyone watches Burn Notice kinda like Sam Axe or Patrick Jane from the Mentalist. Got the cocky smirk on their face cause they can easily read people and like the Lone Wolf is always ahead of their peers. Their rival thinks they beat them but once they turn around, they put on a cocky smirk because the person had planned it all along and actually has the upper hand.

Which would you like better?

PS: I forgot to add polls can a mod delete the other two dupe threads?

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Those seem like extremes. Am I allowed to vote if I prefer someone closer to the charismatic type as you've presented than the silent type, even though she would not at all be as you've described?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd slightly prefer the silent type as I'm pretty quiet myself IRL. I think someone who talked all the time would get on my nerves after awhile. I'd be okay with the silent type as long as they weren't *too* silent. Being around someone who doesn't hardly talk at all feels awkward.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
A good mix of both, with a good level of eccentricity thrown in.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on those descriptions, the silent type, romantically. I can't seem to help it either (I've tried to ignore it). I'm just insanely attracted to them.

It just sucks that we're usually both introverted and so nothing ever happens. lol@us +:cry:

For friendship, I mostly prefer the charismatic, friendly type. Love these people! They're like a rainbow to me and I want to be around them (if they're cool).

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on those descriptions, the silent type, romantically. I can't seem to help it either (I've tried to ignore it). I'm just insanely attracted to them.

It just sucks that we're usually both introverted and so nothing ever happens. lol@us +:cry:

Here's what you have to do. If you find someone like that in person, just try and see if you can somehow get online contact information from them, it's most ideally if you don't even have to ask them directly. Then track them down and get to know them online where it's a lot easier to engage them and open them up, :laugh:

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd definately go for #1. I mean, obviously some balance of the two would be nice.. but I have such irritation with smooth, witty talkers. It's hypocritical because I can do it, but I don't like being this way and I don't value it. It comes across as very inauthentic, lacking insight, and goes hand in hand with people that will put on a mask to get what they wan't. Even if that motive isn't particularly dark and harmful in nature.. say need for validation, or over-confidence (stemming back to inability to see another perspective) it still all comes back to one word for me: SHADY! Again, I think this might be especially distasteful for me being 4w3.. because I can act the part of both of these descriptions. And I know more than a few really neat people that fall into #2, but I wouldn't want them as partners and don't care for myself much when i come off like this.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's what you have to do. If you find someone like that in person, just try and see if you can somehow get online contact information from them, it's most ideally if you don't even have to ask them directly. Then track them down and get to know them online where it's a lot easier to engage them and open them up, :laugh:

Thanks for the tip, but I really don't like the idea of developing a relationship online. Face-to-face is kind of necessary for me. Plus in that circumstance, I would question why he's not pursuing me... I'd be left to think that he simply doesn't like me.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the tip, but I really don't like the idea of developing a relationship online. Face-to-face is kind of necessary for me.

You're just using it as a launching point to get face-to-face. That's the trick. It's a circle!

Plus in that circumstance, I would question why he's not pursuing me... I'd be left to think that he simply doesn't like me.

Because people like him don't pursue very much and he hasn't figured out the internet thing yet. :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're just using it as a launching point to get face-to-face. That's the trick. It's a circle!

I really didn't mean that in a light-hearted way. Local and face-to-face is what I need and I have my reasons.

Thinking about it, this probably does contribute to why it's hard for me to connect with other introverts though. Unlike other introverts, I don't find communicating online (esp within the context of a romantic relationship) to be comfortable and such.. on the contrary, I find it frustrating.

Anyways, considering that at this point I'm unwilling to do it, I guess I'm screwed.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyways, considering that at this point I'm unwilling to do it, I guess I'm screwed.

Don't think that way. You have options. I'd be very surprised if you undermined them all. And if you did, it still really is about what you're willing to do, so you'd just have to ask yourself what it's worth. But don't be a pessimist about it, I don't want that for you. :(

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't trust the #2 type. I would rather spend my time with someone more like myself. When something needs to be said it gets said to the point but long and deep conversations are commonplace with trusted company. When silence is desired it is naturally there. If I wanted to have conversation with a used-car salesperson I would go shop for a used car.

KDude

I probably am the silent type.. to an extent. But I prefer the cocky types from an outside perspective. Because they're funny. If they're anything like Bruce Campbell at least. He's way cooler than Clint Eastwood.

This isn't a romantic thing, right?

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The charismatic type, otherwise it would be two quit people becoming increasingly paranoid over the unspoken skills of the other person.