User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one are you more capable of?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cannibalism

2 16.67%
  • Murder

10 83.33%
12 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Default Cannibalism vs. Murder

Lets assume it was a life or death situation.

(Murder)Scenario A: You have to kill someone to survive. They don't necessarily deserve it, but their existence is putting your life, and (possibly) the lives of others', at risk.

(Cannibalism)Scenario B: You're stuck at sea on a raft with a family member. This family member just died of hunger, and you're turn is soon to come. You know where this is going.

Which one do you believe you're more capable of?
    Last edited by figsfiggyfigs; 08-28-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: fuck you leger.

I'm not sure, I rarely suck at sea.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

That's it. I'm going to get the glitter girl after you for posting this crap.

MBTI
    INTP

Hrm... I think I'd have to say tie on that one. On the one hand in a combat situations I never hesitated to do my job and while the other guy might not have deserved it - well those are the breaks of the game. On the other hand if I'm starving I'm going to eat what's handy. Palatability issues aside, rationally speaking the fats and proteins from my family member are fully digestible and possess nutritional value: I'd be an idiot not eat them. Now there are plenty of valid social and health related reasons not to be a cannibal but when faced with certain death vs potential parasite problems – well that is an easy choice.

While none of the above choice might be “easy” they are to my mind both very clear. I would do either with equal conviction that they were the right choice.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

figsfiggyfigs

Hey now. It is a possibly legitimate questions. I just provided scenarios in case people can't think of any. :}

I wouldn't wait for the family member to die. It's not wise to expose oneself to the pathogens found on rotting carcasses.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hmmm, putting it this way possibly A,
    i think you need to expound.

btw, wft is this game with avi's?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned

Murder is easy. I've known people who have killed and they are still functioning human beings. When push comes to shove it's actually not that hard to kill another person, I don't think. It's been done in the past and it will get done in the future, and I won't pretend I'm above it. In fact, I would argue that murder is a fundamental part of what it means to be human..(we could get into a semantics argument here, but that's just perspective. One person's "murder" might be another person's "self defense" or "self interest serving action" which might or might not be "wrong", but that's a whole other debate. The fact that it is even up for debate, I think, helps my case.)

Depending on other circumstances ( ie, if I eat this person, am I going to get saved eventually?) cannibalism doesn't seem like it would come easy to me, though again I don't think I am above it. You do what you have to in order to survive. It's kind of life's only rule, really.

Given the two choices, I think murder is "more for me"....

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    I wouldn't wait for the family member to die. It's not wise to expose oneself to the pathogens found on rotting carcasses.
    So..both? Murder then cannibalism lol

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Hmmm, putting it this way possibly A,
    i think you need to expound.

btw, wft is this game with avi's?
    These are just scenarios. The core question is, which ones are you more capable on. Brush aside these scenarios if they don't work for you.