User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    why?
    I don't know. I think that's a question you should grapple with in a padded cell.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    I don't know. I think that's a question you should grapple with in a padded cell.
    answer my question
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

answer my question
    I don't know how to answer your question. I think you should look at your posts, read the definition of prejudiced and compare. I'm not doing your homework for you, young man. Now go to your room.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

so are you saying that people are being hierarchical, classicist, and prejudiced any time they demand a high quality product with standards? is it prejudiced to expect the best and want the cream and be dissatisfied with that which is mediocre?
    I'm saying it is virtually impossible to philosophically justify (to a satisfactory degree) why, for instance, Radiohead is better than Justin Bieber. Or why [insert X musician] is better than [insert X musician.]
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'm saying it is virtually impossible to philosophically justify (to a satisfactory degree) why, for instance, Radiohead is better than Justin Bieber. Or why [insert X musician] is better than [insert X musician.]
    I don't think it's impossible to rank musicians in order of least to most aesthetically pleasing, but my list will be different from most others, most probably.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    I don't know how to answer your question. I think you should look at your posts, read the definition of prejudiced and compare. I'm not doing your homework for you, young man. Now go to your room.
    you are if you're going to criticize me. I welcome criticism it is constructive, that's why I asked further. if you are not going criticize me, I expect an explanation and beneficial information. if not, I don't appreciate criticism or condescension
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

please read my post more carefully before you resort to condescension and telling me to "grow up". I'm talking about music that is deliberately watered down to appeal to the masses. this is not the case with the genres you've mentioned, I've already made this distinction. also, not all elitist tendencies are bad. wanting to be in the presence of high quality and authenticity does not make you a snob that goes around turning there nose up at everyone. not everyone is a part of this earthy, collectivist hipster nation that so many people scorn me for not wanting to be a part of.
    It's funny that you want to distance yourself from hipsters (many of whom are as elitist about their taste in art and music as your own). It's kind of hilarious, actually.

There's nothing wrong with high quality and I admit from an aesthetic point of view that some music is obviously more complex than others.

On the other hand, art makes people feel, they resonate with it, and people express themselves. As long as a person is genuinely doing that you can't objectively say that it isn't art.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    no it isn't. that's like saying it's philosophically impossible to justify wanting to have a bigger house, nicer clothes, better food or a more comfortable bed. the answer is simple, it's more pleasurable
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

you are if you're going to criticize me. I welcome criticism it is constructive, that's why I asked further. if you are not going criticize me, I expect an explanation and beneficial information. if not, I don't appreciate criticism or condescension
    I don't feel compelled to provide an explanation for something that's so obvious. I was hoping you'd admit that you're prejudiced and elitist, that is all.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's just funny that you consider yourself so cultured, high class, and elite and you didn't understand what he said in that post.

Maybe history isn't your strong point? I dunno.