User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 228

  1. #131
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But they are. You're the spoiled upper middle class brat of two liberal parents.
    You are the result of your background, omg, how you are your social class.
    I meet very few libertarians who aren't from upper middle class, white backgrounds, just FYI. And most of them are male.
    You are a product of your environment, even if you hate your parents politics....because you're incapable of understanding them because you've been so sheltered and spoiled.
    Ooopsie. It's the opposite of what many upper middle class liberal parents hoped for, I'm sure.
    I am not upper middle class. my parents combined salary is not high at all and while I was well taken care of, our lifestyle has been extremely minimalist. but no, I disagree with my parents views because
    - I am economics, I know the kinds of beliefs and practices that cause societies to be productive vs stagnant
    - I am studying the beliefs of self made millionaires and billionaires
    - I believe that ANYONE can become successful, ANYONE can accomplish their dreams and ANYONE can rise out of poverty
    - I believe that people are responsible for their actions, not the government or tax payers
    I don't want to whine and say that I've had a hard life, because I haven't, but I know what it's like to be physically assaulted (seriously, on several ocassions) and punished for my beliefs and I will NEVER give up to anyone, anything or any circumstance that tries to tell me I can't do something. if people are poor and not trying to do anything about it, it's their own damn fault.
    if you're accusing me of being prejudiced, then stop trying to fit me into your bigoted, stereotyped box of libertarians. YOU are the one being prejudiced and judgmental, not me. if you have an argument to make as yo my views, try bringing up a logical point instead of resorting to ad hominem
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #132
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I am not upper middle class. my parents combined salary is not high at all and while I was well taken care of, our lifestyle has been extremely minimalist. but no, I disagree with my parents views because
    - I am economics, I know the kinds of beliefs and practices that cause societies to be productive vs stagnant
    - I am studying the beliefs of self made millionaires and billionaires
    - I believe that ANYONE can become successful, ANYONE can accomplish their dreams and ANYONE can rise out of poverty
    - I believe that people are responsible for their actions, not the government or tax payers
    I don't want to whine and say that I've had a hard life, because I haven't, but I know what it's like to be physically assaulted (seriously, on several ocassions) and punished for my beliefs and I will NEVER give up to anyone, anything or any circumstance that tries to tell me I can't do something. if people are poor and not trying to do anything about it, it's their own damn fault.
    if you're accusing me of being prejudiced, then stop trying to fit me into your bigoted, stereotyped box of libertarians. YOU are the one being prejudiced and judgmental, not me. if you have an argument to make as yo my views, try bringing up a logical point instead of resorting to ad hominem
    If you were a refreshing departure from most of the white, male libertarians I've met, then certainly, I would say, "here! here is a libertarian who is different!" BUT YOU AREN'T. You're elitist as fuck, you say things that are horrendously sexist, and you seem blissfully unaware of concepts like poverty or even being working class. Your parents may have a middle-middle class income, but you informed me of what their professions were, and I can assure you that's more of an upper middle class thing...the level of education, and their minimalism is philosophical, not because you guys are poor.

    You take way too much credit for the opportunities and advantages you've had in life, to the point of being a ridiculous snob. If anyone is a bigot, it's you, bro.

  3. #133
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    If you were a refreshing departure from most of the white, male libertarians I've met, then certainly, I would say, "here! here is a libertarian who is different!" BUT YOU AREN'T. You're elitist as fuck, you say things that are horrendously sexist, and you seem blissfully unaware of concepts like poverty or even being working class. Your parents may have a middle-middle class income, but you informed me of what their professions were, and I can assure you that's more of an upper middle class thing...the level of education, and their minimalism is philosophical, not because you guys are poor.

    You take way too much credit for the opportunities and advantages you've had in life, to the point of being a ridiculous snob. If anyone is a bigot, it's you, bro.
    this has gone beyond ridiculous. do you have any points to bring up about my original response/opinion of the OP (ie my views on mainstream) or not?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #134
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this has gone beyond ridiculous. do you have any points to bring up about my original response/opinion of the OP (ie my views on mainstream) or not?
    Yes, it's totally retarded for you to criticize other people as basically being plebes when you listen to Ace of Bass.

    That is all.

  5. #135
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I suppose I'm not the first to pretend like Jesus... That must've been why I was rebuked.

    Hipster movement......... No longer Hipster
    Those who weren't........ Now are.

    It is the only true way to keep balance in the force.

  6. #136
    Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - I believe that ANYONE can become successful, ANYONE can accomplish their dreams and ANYONE can rise out of poverty
    That's such an over-generalized BS ever.

    At some point I think you have to accept the fact that hardworking people can get screwed and need government help. It's not a sign of laziness, it's a failure of our political system.

  7. #137
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I am economics
    How mainstream. I am elegance.

  8. #138
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - I believe that ANYONE can become successful, ANYONE can accomplish their dreams and ANYONE can rise out of poverty
    Wow.


    Sorry Elfboy, but I cant be solidary of such a naivety!
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #139
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I meet very few libertarians who aren't from upper middle class, white backgrounds, just FYI. And most of them are male.

    I observed the same for liberals, you know. Except for the gender thing, and the main raison I think, is that liberalism appeals to emotion and compassion before reason and intelectual rigor, while with libertarianism, it's the contrary.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #140
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    ...And my thread has officially jumped the shark.

    That'll teach me to evoke the wrath of those hipsters!

Similar Threads

  1. Does this movie intrigue fellow INXPers?
    By princesssockhead in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 12:57 AM
  2. Bad day - bad bad day.
    By Park in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 12:37 AM
  3. Does Eraserhead need a mastectomy?
    By Martoon in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 09:18 AM
  4. Bad Decisions
    By labyrinthine in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 05:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO