User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Yes - the definitive criteria for a great song is if it creates a desire to commit criminal activity - especially grand theft auto.

i love pop music.
    and i watch an insane amount of beauty guru youtube videos.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh wait...I missed Blink 182.

Fuck, dude. "Adam's Song" and "Miss You" are very sincere love songs, and I love the video for "Miss You" it's absolutely ART. I also like "Dammit (Growing Up)."

It just happens to be pop that you don't personally like, right?
    not all the time, in fact, auditoraly (if that's a word) speaking, I find some of the music catchy and enjoyable, but in the back of my mind, the intent behind it still bothers me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Yes - the definitive criteria for a great song is if it creates a desire to commit criminal activity - especially grand theft auto.
    I wouldn't actually steal a car, Jag.

But it makes me feel something strongly, that I associate with freedom and extremely daring behavior.

It's like the feeling of watching an action film or a horror movie.

I'm not really gonna do it. Duh.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    not all the time, in fact, auditoraly (if that's a word) speaking, I find some of the music catchy and enjoyable, but in the back of my mind, the intent behind it still bothers me
    You mean the intent you imagine? I've never let anything like that stop me from enjoying a song. I'll listen to "Mickey" by Toni Basil and I don't give a shit why she recorded it, because it's a high energy, fun song.

Besides I still haven't figured out what you think Ace of Bass' wonderful artistic intention was, seriously, I don't see it.

And I don't doubt the sincerity or authenticity of Kid Rock. I think he's a completely unpretentious white trash ESTP singing from what is really in his mind/heart.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Like seriously, man...if you don't see authenticity and sincerity and complete lack of pretentiousness in this song, I think perhaps you're just sheltered or from a social class where you don't know people like this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

You mean the intent you imagine? I've never let anything like that stop me from enjoying a song. I'll listen to "Mickey" by Toni Basil and I don't give a shit why she recorded it, because it's a high energy, fun song.

Besides I still haven't figured out what you think Ace of Bass' wonderful artistic intention was, seriously, I don't see it.

And I don't doubt the sincerity or authenticity of Kid Rock. I think he's a completely unpretentious white trash ESTP singing from what is really in his mind/heart.
    it doesn't stop me from listening to britney spears, it just doesn't do anything for me. britney spears does not move me, awe me or make me go "OMG THAT VOICE!!!!" the way, say, Dame Joan Sutherland does
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it doesn't stop me from listening to britney spears, it just doesn't do anything for me. britney spears does not move me, awe me or make me go "OMG THAT VOICE!!!!" the way, say, Dame Joan Sutherland does
    And that's a completely subjective emotional and sensory response...just like you're not moved by Kid Rock because you're not able to relate to him at all. It's not like he's some upper class white dude pretending to be street.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

And that's a completely subjective emotional and sensory response...just like you're not moved by Kid Rock because you're not able to relate to him at all. It's not like he's some upper class white dude pretending to be street.
    you're right, but relating to white trash is not exactly high on my to do list
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm glad you think of yourself so highly considering the fact that you didn't choose your parents or how much money your family had. It's not like you're 45 and have made your own fortune or life for yourself. It really, really annoys me...and that's why I hope to god you grow out of it. I can't believe you're ENFP and so fucking pretentious, either. It boggles the mind. I think this why some people saw SFJ for you.

I think this is one of the most moving songs EVER, btw. I wonder if you, at the very least, are capable of appreciating the musical complexity and intent. With what you just said, I seriously doubt it.