ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    My theories on this matter:

[QUPTE]1) child beauty parents
    Psychologically unstable mothers whom have failed within their own pathetic lives, thus use their own daughters as proxy to embrace the glory in live that they never got.

Over-aggressive fathers whom want their sons to be 'manly' and live up the the traditional male social rolemodel.

Assholes whom have little to nothing in the way of morals and do whatever it takes to get social prestige and power.

Dipshit morons or ruthless assholes, depends on the individual and their personal reasons for forcing their kids into celebrity status,

Greedy self centered sociopaths.[/QUOTE]

1UP
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

What feeds this type of thinking is the misguided belief that popping out a baby somehow confers sainthood upon a person.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    What feeds this type of thinking is the misguided belief that popping out a baby somehow confers sainthood upon a person.
    seriously. what is it with some parents and thinking they're morally superior for being a parent?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm only going to use my children as a tool to get out of social obligations. i'm going to say 'sorry, my kid's sick!' so often people will think they're terminally ill.

the pageant parents are the creepiest imo. dressing their little kids up like middle aged hookers.

MBTI
    FREE

My dad used me as a fleshlight...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    seriously. what is it with some parents and thinking they're morally superior for being a parent?
    Yes... Respecting your parents when they are nurturing and have fed and clothed you and whatnot is one thing; becoming their pet doll serf is another.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

There's an even worse trend in this same vein now (at least to me). Octomom? Those teen mom shows? Jon and Kate Gosselin? Isn't there some show about having 16 kids? Just having kids, especially a ton of them, is a fame and profit motivator. Never mind you screw up 1 or 8 or 16 lives to get it. They just make life so they can sell off the childhood of their kids before they are even born. They treat their kids like the rest of us treat a business strategy. Shit, have a ton of kids, make money, fuck the needs of the kids. A while back Jon and Kate Gosselin broke up, and a lot of people took sides. Talking about who broke it up, who's the asshole, whatever. The whole time I thought fuck the both of them. They don't have enough regard for their children over their own celebrity to fill a thimble. I hope those kids get taken away and go to decent parents.

Maybe the worst thing is how, sometimes, it really works because so many people eat it up. Just encourages the next, larger batch.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Well, I think that having a child can certainly open someone up for experiences and growth potential that they may not have come across in other situations. The act of creating a child is certainly nothing signifigant imo (the phsyical act, the biological act is extraordinary) but as soon as a woman is carrying another life every action she takes be it movement, nutrition, stress, negative/positive thoughts, etc. is affecting another entity. Many people have noticed that once they have children, their thought process is entirely shifted from self-interest to other interest, though this is arguable when "other" is extension of self.. but I'm not going into that. Ofcourse not everyone that has a child is receptive to the nudgings of this shift, and other people that don't have children can find themselves experiencing unconditional love for parents, siblings, so's, and pets. But I do believe the parent-child bond is generally the strongest and therefore the most likely to set the framework for a very spiritual and humbling experience.. which is why, I think, we are soo outraged when we see parents doing what we perceive to be such harmful things to their children. Having a child does not make one morally superior.. but having lots of children doesn't make someone morally inferior. Neither does pushing your child as each of these circumstances are so unique and the ripple affect so far reaching that who's to say what is right and wrong?

However, I think that obvious harm to the childs psyche can be observed by evidence such as depression, substance abuse, excessive image consciousness, overeating, emaciation etc. But I want to note, that all of these things can also occur in children that's parents NEVER used them as tools, usually from some kind of off-shoot of society in general.

What I'm getting at is that yes, some of these peoples priorities are very fucked up but I do believe that life is hard, and people go through various struggles, and the key to how happy or successful someone ends up is not controlled by the things that happen to them, but by the way they choose to react to it. The "my parents were assholes" crutch only takes you so far, before you have to suck it up and realize that you are the captain of your destiny, that people can only harm you as much as YOU allow them to, and that the way you see the world and how you fit into it is decided in your own mind. Obviously children are unable to comprehend this, most adults struggle with it, including myself.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I agree with what you said about parents controlling their children.

I do however, think that many of the children in beauty pageants or sports really want to be there. I have one daughter who is absolutely obsessed with makeup and fashion and has been since she was 2 years old. (As her mom, I am clueless and have not interest in stuff like that, so she doesn't get that from me). I'm sure she would absolutely love to be in beauty pageants. We have decided to never let her be in one (at least until she is an older teenager and can make some of her own decisions), because we don't want her focusing on physical beauty over character, but I can assure you that if she were in one, it would be totally her choice.

I also have a son who was obsessed with playing football, even though none of us in the family really wanted him to. So really, a lot of the times the decision is made by the children and not by their parents.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Children as a tool ? Never !

Tho I have of course already bought a suit for my son !! So that he knows from day 1 what great expectations lay upon him !!! And if its a girl the mother can raise it, girls are too difficult

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]