• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rick Joyner (prophecies of the West Coast being destroyed by earthquakes)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
So a woman who is good friends of my family, and lives in the house next to my parent's sent me an email today (she's never emailed me before) about Rick Joyner's prophecy of the west coast being afflicted with severe earthquakes during this economic hardship we're facing and basically destroying it. He's urging people to move away from the West Coast even (unless individuals feel God is calling them to stay). Apparently Bob Jones is spouting the same prophecy... Needless to say, she has asked me to pray about it (I don't pray) and if there's anything stirring in me to leave Seattle and go back to TN.

I think it's BS to put it plainly, and I want to know why someone would view these people (Joyner/Jones) as credible (I don't know anything about them).

Someone enlighten me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Joyner

The link she sent:
http://www.morningstarministries.or...letter_July_26_20117_21_2011&utm_medium=email

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"He's christian like us, so we believe in him and trust him."?

I don't quite understand either, I can only take guesses why people put any stock in claims of some people that have no evidence whatsoever to back them up. And even using the word prophecy because of lack of evidence, even the most religious person should tread very lightly around that word.

Not to mention the claim "Entire west coast" is pretty freaking vague at best, lol.

I fear the time someone claims to have a prophecy that, due to chance/luck(bad luck), actually comes true. Or rather said, since true is not the right word, comes to pass.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good ol' Rick Joyner. I read a bunch of his books about ten years ago (the ones describing his visions of spiritual warfare). He's interesting when he discusses spiritual matters, but when these guys start making historical prophecies, they usually just embarrass themselves. But in any case, people who place stock in him for spiritual matters and describing the spiritual state of America, and who also believe he is a very moral person and tuned into GOd, of course, will also credit him with knowing something when he starts prophesying other things. THat's just how religions work. His credibility in other areas is being capitalized on for things like this.

I would ignore it too.

Honestly, it never seems to pan out for them, except for the occasional vague hit by stretching what was prophesied (see Fluffy's comment) and/or by using the Forer Effect to claim a hit.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Eventually CA will fall into the ocean, as will NY and a good chunk of the east coast. And also the Sun will implode/explode/extinguish. But not in any amount of time that anyone in this lifetime or the next several generations will have to worry about.

When I saw that awful movie 2012 with John Cusak and then they made CA go first, I was SO UPSET. The east coast should have gone first so we could have had a beach party to celebrate. Amirite??