User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Rick Joyner (prophecies of the West Coast being destroyed by earthquakes)

So a woman who is good friends of my family, and lives in the house next to my parent's sent me an email today (she's never emailed me before) about Rick Joyner's prophecy of the west coast being afflicted with severe earthquakes during this economic hardship we're facing and basically destroying it. He's urging people to move away from the West Coast even (unless individuals feel God is calling them to stay). Apparently Bob Jones is spouting the same prophecy... Needless to say, she has asked me to pray about it (I don't pray) and if there's anything stirring in me to leave Seattle and go back to TN.

I think it's BS to put it plainly, and I want to know why someone would view these people (Joyner/Jones) as credible (I don't know anything about them).

Someone enlighten me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Joyner

The link she sent:
    http://www.morningstarministries.org...m_medium=email

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

"He's christian like us, so we believe in him and trust him."?

I don't quite understand either, I can only take guesses why people put any stock in claims of some people that have no evidence whatsoever to back them up. And even using the word prophecy because of lack of evidence, even the most religious person should tread very lightly around that word.

Not to mention the claim "Entire west coast" is pretty freaking vague at best, lol.

I fear the time someone claims to have a prophecy that, due to chance/luck(bad luck), actually comes true. Or rather said, since true is not the right word, comes to pass.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Good ol' Rick Joyner. I read a bunch of his books about ten years ago (the ones describing his visions of spiritual warfare). He's interesting when he discusses spiritual matters, but when these guys start making historical prophecies, they usually just embarrass themselves. But in any case, people who place stock in him for spiritual matters and describing the spiritual state of America, and who also believe he is a very moral person and tuned into GOd, of course, will also credit him with knowing something when he starts prophesying other things. THat's just how religions work. His credibility in other areas is being capitalized on for things like this.

I would ignore it too.

Honestly, it never seems to pan out for them, except for the occasional vague hit by stretching what was prophesied (see Fluffy's comment) and/or by using the Forer Effect to claim a hit.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    GONE

Eventually CA will fall into the ocean, as will NY and a good chunk of the east coast. And also the Sun will implode/explode/extinguish. But not in any amount of time that anyone in this lifetime or the next several generations will have to worry about.

When I saw that awful movie 2012 with John Cusak and then they made CA go first, I was SO UPSET. The east coast should have gone first so we could have had a beach party to celebrate. Amirite??
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

ThatGirl

Lol, The west coast will have earthquakes. Brilliant.

MBTI
    INTj

It doesn't matter. The world has already ended.

I thought that was the plot to Escape from New York.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Lol, The west coast will have earthquakes. Brilliant.
    I know. It's really a stretch, isn't it? In-con-CEIV-a-bull!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft