User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Hmm yell with Tea Party option I think I will go one step further and vote with the Tories. I like their economic recovery plan.
    Really? I've heard US pundits say so but they all sounded pretty elite, in particular they focused on the fact that the UK tories were able to simultaneously cut services and raise taxes.

I've got to say that at least US conservatives are inclined to try and create a trade off, you may receive less services from government but you wont have to pay taxes as a consequence.

I'm still amazed that the UK conservatives were able to do this and plan to continue to do this, although since the eighties the trend among politicians of all parties is to become more and more bold in their exemplifying of the "obviously in this racket for personal gain and glory" principle.

I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that government has got to be the only thing that people in the UK are content to pay an infinitely increasing price for while getting less and less and less in return for that money. If any other supplier of goods and services behaved like this you'd not support them but welcome to the strange and getting stranger world of UK politics.

Also, the present administration wasnt elected, its a little like that embarrassing Bush term no one likes to talk about in the US, in the UK the losers combined and found they had more votes than the remaining party hence the ConDem (conservatives and liberal democrats) coalition.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I would not fight for my home town, or any town. I did not give who ever is invading life, so I do not have the right to take it away from them. I will assist the injured, I will throw my life away to protect the people I love, but I will not kill. All life is precious, even if it is life that feeds off of others suffering, my reasoning being that even parasites have their place in this world.
    But that does not mean that I am not disgusted by that sort of behavior.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

@Lark. I was talking about the colonies Tories as of 1770s tax structure. Mostly a few light tariff taxes and no income tax.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

for resources if there where none elsewhere or was but already spoken for.

I would fight but Id relocate the family temporarily. you desire to have anything, you are gonna have to fight; otherwise your gonna constantly end up moving place, to place, to place, living the life of a nomad. I prefer being in one spot.

it would suck having put so much work into something and having nothing to show for it. No, fighting is never my first option, diplomacy is not a bad approach but in a post apocalyptic world were there is little, im willing to spill a little blood.

I have not seen that show.
    9w?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    @Lark. I was talking about the colonies Tories as of 1770s tax structure. Mostly a few light tariff taxes and no income tax.
    Oh right, I thought you were talking at the minute.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    for resources if there where none elsewhere or was but already spoken for.
    I would fight but Id relocate the family temporarily. you desire to have anything, you are gonna have to fight; otherwise your gonna constantly end up moving place, to place, to place, living the life of a nomad. I prefer being in one spot.
    it would suck having put so much work into something and having nothing to show for it. No, fighting is never my first option, diplomacy is not a bad approach but in a post apocalyptic world were there is little, im willing to spill a little blood.
    I have not seen that show.
    that's not true. there are several places that have been peaceful for over 100 years
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I wouldn't.

Why? Because I hate it here and I don't see any benefit from doing so. A name in something I don't even like?

No.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I wouldn't fight specifically for "my hometown" (or any town). I'd fight to defend my family and the people I love. But we would most likely evacuate...
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I wouldn't fight specifically for "my hometown" (or any town). I'd fight to defend my family and the people I love. But we would most likely evacuate...
    Yeah, that's my thinking, I just was curious if its different elsewhere, here I dont feel much connection to my "hometown" its been determined by accident of birth and the majority community, its traditions and political power alienate me to be honest.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm pretty sure Detroit is already the equivalent of a post-apocalyptic nightmare. So no. There are days I can't find a good coney here to save my life and I tell ENFJ man...I want to go home. So I can get a decent coney.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.