MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default King George for President

Yell yeah!

Let the Red Coats try and attack the collonies again and show them we will never go for taxation without representation...

...uh...strike that...so we subcomed to taxation without representation (or joke,bs, or contrived representation) in the good ol USA but at least we don't have to bow down to King George anymores...well unless the he gives us lower taxes...uh wait the taxes were lower before the Revolution...well unless he maybe gives us better representation...

Hmm yell with Tea Party option I think I will go one step further and vote with the Tories. I like their economic recovery plan.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ESFJ

I wouldn't fight for this place. I don't have a lot of respect for the UK and the politicians .. don't get me started. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I wouldn't need to: the SAS is based a couple of miles away.
    I know i can take care of my own but thanks for having faith in my abilities to kick ass
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I would fight to protect the people in my town if I liked some of them enough and felt that they were in immediate danger/they wouldn't be able to leave. Otherwise I'm getting the fuck out.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Depends on the circumstance. If were simply a land dispute and one of the results didn't end with my immediate harm, I'd go with no. If it was a matter of ensuring the survival of either myself or my loved ones, I guess I wouldn't have much of a choice. Regardless, the opposite of fighter is typically lover, yet I can't really say that term really suits me either.

Typically that one would put me somewhere near the hippie spectrum, yet I think I shower and brush my teeth entirely too frequently to be lumped into that category either, nor do I really care about the environment or going against the status quo and major corporations.
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius would not fight for his home town. Ever since it was the capital for the losing side during the Civil War all it seems to do is educate substandard politicians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP

Depends on the strategic and tactical situation I suppose. It would take alot to get me into uniform again (and I would be HIGHLY pissed off) and I'd have to be absolutely convinced of the necessity of doing so before I'd pick up a rifle again. And I'm enough of a cynic/realist not to get involved in any "forlorn hopes". If sufficiently pressed I suppose I could be convinced/conned into being part of a rear guard to cover a retreat but frankly my home town isn’t worth dying for.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Yes, I think I would. Where I grew up and spent my childhood has meaning to me and makes me feel warm and fuzzy and a sense of loyalty and pride, despite the fact that I'd never go back to live there as an adult. I'm also quite fond of my state and am patriotic.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

no, I would hit it and quit it
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Only if preventive strike counts.
    Otherwise almost certainly not.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Hmm yell with Tea Party option I think I will go one step further and vote with the Tories. I like their economic recovery plan.
    Really? I've heard US pundits say so but they all sounded pretty elite, in particular they focused on the fact that the UK tories were able to simultaneously cut services and raise taxes.

I've got to say that at least US conservatives are inclined to try and create a trade off, you may receive less services from government but you wont have to pay taxes as a consequence.

I'm still amazed that the UK conservatives were able to do this and plan to continue to do this, although since the eighties the trend among politicians of all parties is to become more and more bold in their exemplifying of the "obviously in this racket for personal gain and glory" principle.

I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that government has got to be the only thing that people in the UK are content to pay an infinitely increasing price for while getting less and less and less in return for that money. If any other supplier of goods and services behaved like this you'd not support them but welcome to the strange and getting stranger world of UK politics.

Also, the present administration wasnt elected, its a little like that embarrassing Bush term no one likes to talk about in the US, in the UK the losers combined and found they had more votes than the remaining party hence the ConDem (conservatives and liberal democrats) coalition.