User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 276

  1. #51
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    I think it's definitely a relationship-specific issue.

    The only abusive people you've known of are the ones you know are abusive. The ones Marm is talking about tend not to go public with their abusiveness. Neither do their victims.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Helios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Indeed, Marm. It might make you less attractive to insecure dudes, and really, isn't that the most important thing?
    My comment didn't pertain to attractiveness. Surely you don't think I'm "insecure" because I disagree with Feminism?

  3. #53
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Surely you don't think I'm "insecure" because I disagree with Feminism?
    I do. Especially since you made the comment that I'd better stop that.

  4. #54
    Senior Member jimrckhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Well one thing I'm reasonably sure of is "Joe" isn't a player or cheated on her (of course I can't be 100% certain). They are a young couple and perhaps she had previous SOs that cheated on her (to give her the benifit of the doubt).

    The unfortunate part is that I expect that one day he'll get sick of it and there is going to be one heck of an explosion: he'll probably wait until he is past discussing it w/o alot of bitterness and anger and she'll be confused about how fast he turned angry.

    This is just one of the reasons I really am not a big fan of 25 year olds getting married - esp. when they are fresh out of school and don't have much life experiance.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

  5. #55
    Senior Member Helios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I do. Especially since you made the comment that I'd better stop that.
    Certainly: you'd better stop holding, and being vocal about, a ludicrous ideology. How this is indicative of "insecurity" remains an enigma.

    A similar remark would have been made had you claimed that you were a vocal creationist.

  6. #56
    Senior Member jimrckhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I do. Especially since you made the comment that I'd better stop that.
    Oh snap!

    What was that old saying? "Men of quality don't fear women of equality"? Something like that anways.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Certainly: you'd better stop holding, and being vocal about, a ludicrous ideology. How this is indicative of "insecurity" remains an enigma.
    HAHAHA. I'm not going to change my ideology for some stranger on the Internet. You're not even making a valid argument.

    Thanks for your time though, bro. By the way, if you tell me what to do, I'll tell you what to do: go read some history books, particularly ones about the state of society rather than about war or conquest.

  8. #58
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    I don't know about ya'll, but I was panicking just watching that commercial. The airport? Under construction? They're going to need more than tires to keep that car safe.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  9. #59
    Senior Member Helios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    HAHAHA. I'm not going to change my ideology for some stranger on the Internet. You're not even making a valid argument.
    I didn't suggest that you ought to change your mind just because I have recommended that you do so. I've not made an "argument" because no argument has been (politely) requested.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Thanks for your time though, bro.
    I'm not your brother.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    By the way, if you tell me what to do, I'll tell you what to do: go read some history books, particularly ones about the state of society rather than about war or conquest.
    These anonymous "history books" are presumably concerned with past society and culture. These are scarcely relevant to an accurate depiction of contemporary society, or indeed an appraisal of Feminism.

  10. #60
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I don't know about ya'll, but I was panicking just watching that commercial. The airport? Under construction? They're going to need more than tires to keep that car safe.
    Don't forget the dark. So scawy. *shivers*

Similar Threads

  1. Enneagram: degree of frequency of the differents variants.
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-29-2017, 05:51 PM
  2. Testing your degree of Trumpness
    By Typh0n in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-24-2017, 08:38 AM
  3. Works of fiction and feminism
    By Viridian in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 10:29 PM
  4. To those who identify with some aspect(s) of feminism....
    By Qre:us in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 06:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO