User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 276

  1. #211
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    If you dont mind, it would be helpful for me if you could provide evidence for these two statements.
    So you believe that gender equality would have happened so quickly without feminism? If you examine history and the way women's roles changed rapidly from the 1960's to the 1970's, do you think it's a coincidence that it coincides with Second Wave Feminism/The Sexual Revolution and Gay Rights? Do you think it's a coincidence that women obtained the right to vote and started wearing no corsets and shorter skirts and pants soon following First Wave Feminism?

    The pioneers of feminism were women who actively did things to change society on a wide scale.

  2. #212
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    What are you talking about?
    I'm not sure what you're asking here.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  3. #213
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    So you believe that gender equality would have happened so quickly without feminism? If you examine history and the way women's roles changed rapidly from the 1960's to the 1970's, do you think it's a coincidence that it coincides with Second Wave Feminism/The Sexual Revolution and Gay Rights? Do you think it's a coincidence that women obtained the right to vote and started wearing no corsets and shorter skirts and pants soon following First Wave Feminism?

    The pioneers of feminism were women who actively did things to change society on a wide scale.
    I get the feeling Wind-up rex was looking to Feminism as the miracle cure for the plight of black women and since it didn't provide a racial revolution in her eyes, it's rejected. Realistically, there's no way that Feminism could create miracle cures which is why the civil rights movement needed to happen first.

  4. #214
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    As a Libertarian, I want to maximize the rights of all females.

    CHAOS! COMPLETE CHAOS!



    FWAhAHAHAHhHAH

  5. #215
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I want to maximize the rights of all females.

  6. #216
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't get it.

  7. #217
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I don't get it.

    Gloria Steinem.

  8. #218
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Gloria Steinem.

  9. #219
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I get the feeling Wind-up rex was looking to Feminism as the miracle cure for the plight of black women and since it didn't provide a racial revolution in her eyes, it's rejected. Realistically, there's no way that Feminism could create miracle cures which is why the civil rights movement needed to happen first.
    I see, and her dissatisfaction is understandable. On the other hand, one can't expect miracle cures for societal ills from singular political movements or from a particular president.

    It's unfortunate, but it's reality...and that goes for any marginalized group or social issue.

  10. #220
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I see, and her dissatisfaction is understandable. On the other hand, one can't expect miracle cures for societal ills from singular political movements or from a particular president.

    It's unfortunate, but it's reality...and that goes for any marginalized group or social issue.
    Take a look at the population of the U.S. between 1790 - 1990 broken down by race and then a breakdown between white and hispanic. These statistics tell the story better. All non-caucasian races were marginalised including my own, but I don't hold a gender based movement responsible, instead looking to the Civil Rights movement to firstly equalise race and then Feminism to equalise gender.

    http://www.census.gov/population/www.../twps0056.html

Similar Threads

  1. Enneagram: degree of frequency of the differents variants.
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-29-2017, 05:51 PM
  2. Testing your degree of Trumpness
    By Typh0n in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-24-2017, 08:38 AM
  3. Works of fiction and feminism
    By Viridian in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 10:29 PM
  4. To those who identify with some aspect(s) of feminism....
    By Qre:us in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 06:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO