User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Actually... the Bud Light one is kind of self-aware. I mean, they've got the two male ad execs holding hands and crying at the beautiful message in the end, and the female execs (there are female execs! that's good!) looking at them like they're idiots.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You know what? I'm terrified of car accidents, so that probably also plays into my subjective judgment.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Yeah, I really think that Dodge one is the worst.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm still pissed off about that Dodge commercial. And the worst part is, it has made me doubt my love for Michael C. Hall. Whyyyyyyyyyy did he agree to that? He could have said "there's no way I'm reading that."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Okay here's what I thought about the Dodge commercial: some women really do nag a lot. Like really. To a point of ridiculousness. I've seen it with my own eyes. This entered my mind in reference to certain things said about dog walking at 6 am, and socks, and carrying your lipbalm and ...maybe I'm just really P but some of those even freaked me out. I felt like my ESTJ step-monster was standing behind me. On the other hand, some of the stuff they complain about is crazy....I will go to work? Um, yes you will go to work, what the fuck? You'll be civil to my mother? You'll put the toilet seat down? Oh well don't put yourself out too much!

That's what makes it problematic. It mixes up petty nagging with things that are...normal...and to do them basically means you aren't a sociopath?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's very true. I also don't think nagging is a sex-linked trait- we just don't tend to call it "nagging" when men do it. We call it pestering or controlling.

I also think it perpetuates an unnecessarily adversarial concept of M/F relationships.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Actually... the Bud Light one is kind of self-aware. I mean, they've got the two male ad execs holding hands and crying at the beautiful message in the end, and the female execs (there are female execs! that's good!) looking at them like they're idiots.
    yeah, that was my read on it, too. Like the men were the ones that thought of the commercial, and it's geared only toward men. The overacting in the commercial clearly conveys it's not supposed to be serious. I didn't really find anything offensive about the boobs commercial, either. I mean, it's one dumb girl, not a commentary on women in general.
    Something Witty

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's true. Some men are control freaks and no it's not a sex-linked trait. In any relationship there's compromise, I mean wth. Both man and woman in a heterosexual LTR have to compromise with each other, and there are bitchy men. I actually do call them bitchy when they get bitchy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, the boobs one and the BMW "blonde in the library" one. I guess maybe I would feel differently about that one if I were blonde. But then again, my blonde daughter loves blonde jokes.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Okay here's what I thought about the Dodge commercial: some women really do nag a lot. Like really. To a point of ridiculousness. I've seen it with my own eyes. This entered my mind in reference to certain things said about dog walking at 6 am, and socks, and carrying your lipbalm and ...maybe I'm just really P but some of those even freaked me out. I felt like my ESTJ step-monster was standing behind me. On the other hand, some of the stuff they complain about is crazy....I will go to work? Um, yes you will go to work, what the fuck? You'll be civil to my mother? You'll put the toilet seat down? Oh well don't put yourself out too much!

That's what makes it problematic. It mixes up petty nagging with things that are...normal...and to do them basically means you aren't a sociopath?
    Yes, some women nag. So do some men. It's (obviously) when these things get assigned to genders that it becomes sexist.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm on the slow side tonight. This was very quickly covered.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness